• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 MLB and Rockies AA Look-back Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
What's not being mentioned in this whole "spin rate" / "buttering up the ball" nonsense is that most of the cameras tracking spin rate were changed last year to increase the frames captured. Read into that what you want.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
anyone see that extreme OOOOO's lowlight from yesterday? I'm not sure I've ever seen any team allow a guy to go 1st to 3rd - nevermind in a rundown - without throwing the ball into the dugout or something. Truly amazing.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
The wOe’s should see if Albert Belle is interested in playing LF this season. If Angelos called me to be the mop up man I might have to take him up on. Can you imagine how amazing having a 65 year old lefty that can’t hit 70mph serving up moon shots would be in Brawltimore this summer?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
anyone see that extreme OOOOO's lowlight from yesterday? I'm not sure I've ever seen any team allow a guy to go 1st to 3rd - nevermind in a rundown - without throwing the ball into the dugout or something. Truly amazing.

Wait there's another? Because like two days ago their manager got thrown out in the first inning before the O's recorded an out and on the next play the left fielder fell on his ass while angling toward a routine fly ball.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
i think so yeah lol. I caught it on SPORTSCENTER last night because I left the TV on

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Wouldn’t be shocked if every team is cheating TBH

A couple years ago, I commented something similar and that the Astros were just stupid to do it in a way that could be tracked and verified. As usual whenever I say anything, I got blasted for it (as if my comment was defending the Astros and not saying they were dummies). Nice to know others think similarly, doe.

bruin

Nobody said a word when career .230 hitters were looking like prime Jeff Bagwell’s spanking dongs, it a wee little bit of sunscreen then the babies come out.

Not sure if anybody saw it but Pedro Martinez was fantastic the last couple of nights on MLB Network. This generation is gassing up minor leaguers who are not ready but throwing 99 routinely and nobody tries to make contact anymore. All chicks dig the long ball they said. Wonder why numbers are down?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
A couple years ago, I commented something similar and that the Astros were just stupid to do it in a way that could be tracked and verified. As usual whenever I say anything, I got blasted for it (as if my comment was defending the Astros and not saying they were dummies). Nice to know others think similarly, doe.

Not everyone cheated as badly as the Astros. even if everything in that Twitter thread is true, the Astros were the worst of the lot lol.

Also you get so mad forever about everything.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Nobody said a word when career .230 hitters were looking like prime Jeff Bagwell’s spanking dongs, it a wee little bit of sunscreen then the babies come out.

Not sure if anybody saw it but Pedro Martinez was fantastic the last couple of nights on MLB Network. This generation is gassing up minor leaguers who are not ready but throwing 99 routinely and nobody tries to make contact anymore. All chicks dig the long ball they said. Wonder why numbers are down?

Three true outcomes is killing the game

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Over the years, I've had Nutopians message me that they consider me to be one of the nicest guys on this thread. But to Radpants, if I'm posting a movie review I must be coming hard and pissed.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
I'm just mad. Move along. Nothing to see. Continue with the cheating cheaters and the ways they cheat. I agree that most cheating (in pretty much every sport, including horse racing) is steroid use and not sign stealing or deflating balls. For the most part.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon

That doesn't change m'thinking that there's plenty of cheating going on. I doubt that horse racing has a cheater but everyone in baseball is now on the up and up since the Astros got caught. What a tool to throw out those accusations and then take everything back. But there's still people out there trying to get an advantage outside of the rules.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Man, the Rockies haven't played in forever it seems
giphy.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
This was after Girardi asked the umpires to check him. He was randomly checked twice in the first three innings.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
I think this rule change is going well, thats the most entertaining thing I've seen in a baseball game in years

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think this rule change is going well, thats the most entertaining thing I've seen in a baseball game in years
Once I learned about all this a month ago and saw the MLB was going back on their word mid season I had to start paying attention