• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Corches' Terrible HaSHtaGS Thread

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
ITT @jobob returned to carry the SEC banner up Cemetery Ridge.

No sane person would argue against the SEC simply wanting it more and spending the most on footbaw, but they've also managed to game the system and craft the narrative in their favor. Like all those games against Stamford and UAB in mid November, and never going out of the region for a road game and constantly talking about how a 10 win Oregon or Oklahoma or Wisconsin would be a 6-6 team in the SEC, while a 6-6 Sakerlina, Kentucky, or Tennessee would be conference champs everywhere else. I mean shit - its the same region that crafted the narrative of the Lost Cause and how the individual Confederate soldier was the finest example of soldiery anywhere, in any era.

I'm just still in shock over Riley coming to SC. AD Bohn must've had CIA-level secrecy to prevent it from leaking for this long. Like I said, I thought for sure we'd end up with an underwhelming hire (again) like maybe a Bill O'Brien or Franklin or an Eric Bieniemy or such.

Now, still wondering if the school administration will support the program the way SEC schools (and OU) do. It's doubtful - USC has been trying to turn itself into Stanford for 30 years, and they've largely succeeded. A place where the school is known mostly for academics, and excellence in the rich white kid sports. Football? Eh - we're happy with a nice 9 win season every few years.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
qf1uL3W.png

Lol

Every college football fanbase is the same. Sure, LINCOLN was 55-10 here with four conference titles and three playoff appearances, but actually he sucked now that he left. Now we can get someone PHYSICAL who can build a CULTURE

LINCOLN took a LOADED LAMBO and left the CUPBOARD BARE

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I actually agree with Paw about the SEC tho, brainwashed as I may be. It makes no sense for Riley to go there at a progrum like OU because OU won't want to be A&M and they will be. Even if he exceeds expectations and goes 10-2 for two seasons he gets canned. Why would you choose that over USC? Because he thinks he has to prove it to the best every week? Nah b, he can meet them in the playoff like he has been and lose there.

I do lol at paw tom bout money like USC doesn't have any

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
According to their fans they spent it all on the diddler doctor so that's why they suck

bruin

I actually agree with Paw about the SEC tho, brainwashed as I may be. It makes no sense for Riley to go there at a progrum like OU because OU won't want to be A&M and they will be. Even if he exceeds expectations and goes 10-2 for two seasons he gets canned. Why would you choose that over USC? Because he thinks he has to prove it to the best every week? Nah b, he can meet them in the playoff like he has been and lose there.

Oh fucking hell if I hear one more time that LINCOLN is DUCKING the SEC because the likes of JIMBO and fucking Brian Harsin I’m gonna be with hermano @bruin228 in the SKY!

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?

Lol, if Jimbo went 10-2 for two seasons at A&M they'd probably build him a statue. And I don't think the Pac-12 is immune to schools having coaches on short leashes, Jimmy Lake was fired with an overall record of 7-6. I know there was a shoving incident(s), but they chose not to fire him for cause for whatever that means.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Lol, if Jimbo went 10-2 for two seasons at A&M they'd probably build him a statue. And I don't think the Pac-12 is immune to schools having coaches on short leashes, Jimmy Lake was fired with an overall record of 7-6. I know there was a shoving incident(s), but they chose not to fire him for cause for whatever that means.

I don't think you have read that post correctly. A&M is happy with Jimbo, OU will maybe one day be happy being A&M but when they first get to the SEC they won't be happy with that. They would probably fire Lincoln for a few 10-2 or god forbid 9-3 seasons in the SEC. That's what I was saying

Also lol at short leash meaning 7-6 compared to 9-3. OU fans/athletic dept have insane expectations.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

They fired him beCAUSE he sucked at his job

Lake is really the only guy that fits that mold in the Pac-12 and it was because he was so clearly unqualified. I guess Sumlin at Zona for the same reasons. Lake was DC under Petersen, who won 40 games and two Pac-12 titles in his last four years. It was supposed to be a smooth transition like Day at OSU or Riley at OU, not a complete clusterfuck.

Most schools don't really care. Oregon State just extended a guy who is 16-27. LOLORADO is 8-10 with KARL DORRELL FOOTBALL and he's not really on the hot seat. Their previous corch got six seasons with a 30-44 record and only got fired because he started his last season 5-0 and then missed a bowl.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Lincoln will be the best thing that ever happened to USC. The coaching carousel is simply a gamble. There are names that are hotter than the sun that flash out so fast. The carousel sucks. It's fun for every except the teams in it. If you got a stable coach, keep em.

Also, if you have a shoo in to a playoff spot don't throw it away to cheer on Bama after you got home from your slightly above average SEC tie-in Bowl.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If Heupel leaves I will seriously lol. At least then I know the program is truly cursed for firing Fulmer and the only way to fix it is by human sacrifice. We all know who the sacrifice must be.

Reactions: bjc

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Some of these names are fed to these reporters and these reporters disseminate them like good little minions. The names are fed by agents and reporters gladly leak them knowing they are bullshit because those same agents are their sources for legit news. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

Kliff Kingsbury lol. His agent is getting him a raise for sure.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I think he went to OU.

OU poops on the big 12 since it came into existence, but everybody here is like "well when they join the SEC they gon be 8-4, 7-5 every year... hur dur."

Why? SEC SUX

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Heupel won a natty at OU in 2000 but he hasn’t had a good connection with OU since STOOOOOPS fired him in 2014. He’s not a legitimate candidate for the Sooners.

colb

I will corch OU. Am not skurrt of SEC.

In return plz provide:

- unlimited copies of all 19 OSU bedlam wins on VHS (I hear they are coming out with a cd rom that plays vijeos soon tho). Obviously for film stdy so it never happens again

- all u can eat subway

- exactly 3 copies of ncca 07 for ps2

- a ps2.

And $50

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
SEC is the best conference (at least based on tries hardest to win, spends most money and has the most players drafted) agreed.

I don't necessarily think, in any given year, the middle of the road \ garbo SEC teams are any better than the middle of the road \ garbo teams in other p5 conferences. It's all a self fulfilling prophecy when we say SEE, THE SEC IS GOOD BECAUSE VANDERBILT WON VS BAMA THIS YEAR, THAT MEANS BAMA IS INCREDIBLY GOOD TO ONLY HAVE ONE CONFERENCE LOSS BECAUSE EVEN ONE OF THE WORST SEC TEAMS, VANDERBILT CAN BEAT BAMA BUT BAMA IS STILL THE BEST TEAM IN THE NATION SO WE WILL KEEP THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE BAMA ONLY LOST TO THE TEAM THAT BEAT BAMA.

Likewise when you see these clowns arguing that the ACC is down this year because MESH POINT {was} 9 -0 and CLIMPSON WAS HAVING A BAD YEAR SO 9 - 0 MEANS NOTHING BECAUSE CLIMPSON IS HAVING A BAD YEAR SO THE ACC IS HAVING A BAD YEAR. UNDEFEATED ACC TEAM DOES NOT GET IN BECAUSE CLIMPSON LOST, AND IF CLIMPSON ISNT UNDEFEATED CLEARLY THE ACC IS HAVING A BAD YEAR SO THE TEAM THAT BEAT CLIMPSON IS NOT GOING TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE THEY CLEARLY ARENT GOOD BECAUSE CLIMPSON LOST TO THE TEAM THAT BEAT CLIMPSON. ACC and WF are fucking garbage this year, but you could already see the narrative be laid down weeks ago.

BAMA and CLIMPSON and OHIO STATE have been head and shoulders better than everyone else the last 20 years, they would have the same success in any conference. Tired of hearing that their whole conferences are THE TOUGHEST FOOTBAWWWWWWWWW, ITS SUCH A MEAT GRINDER, SEE IOWA - PENN STATE, THEY WERE BOTH UNDEFEATED WHEN THEY PLAYED SO WE'LL KEEP EM BOTH IN THE TOP 10 AFTER THE GAME BECAUSE THEY WERE UNDEFEATED SO IT WAS A QUALITY WIN AND A QUALITY LOSS

its actually easy being a pac12 fan these days. Never have to worry about winning a NASHNUL SHIP but a Rose Bowl win would still mean something to me!

The worst is bowl season IMO. Arkansas will go and lose to Pitt or something by 20+ and the narrative is immediately "well, Arkansas just has no motivation if it's not a NYD or better bowl!"

like how many times are we to believe that SEC teams lose bowl games to inferior opponents because they just don't care? I'm sure there's some of this (with any team, really), especially for kids with no NASHNUL aspirations who need to get on with their education and wish the season was just over by Thanksgiving, but come on

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I've never made that argument and I certainly don't root for any SEC team because they are SEC. Sometimes I will root for them over teams I hate like tOSU, Clemson or Texas, but I usually want them all to fucking lose as much as possible. That was a @jobob argument after Utah whipped that ass.

I just find it laughable to ignore simple facts such as money, budgets, NFL draft picks and stadium size. These are not subjective. These are measurable, tangible things. The SEC tries harder at football, by far, than any other conference, and because of that, they end up with better players and coaches on the whole and more money. Just pointing that out doesn't make one some idiot mouth breather SEC homer. I am fully aware these people exist, but nobody has done that here for a long time.

Like in the Pac 12 you can roll into USC as the road team and play in front of 75k empty seats and have no issues, but when you roll in USC east, even when they blow ass there are 90k screaming idiots there. That makes a difference and makes winning in the conference more difficult. I can't measure how much harder, but it does. They also end up with players like Jadaveon Clowney and Marcus Lattimore which you don't find at Purdue or whatever other middling team you want to pick from other conferences.

The writing is on the wall, though, and soon it wont even matter, because it won't be the SEC anymore. It will just be big boy football and the top 32 or 40 teams will be in it and the rest of college football will be back to playing for room and board.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
to me, the reason why you don't go to USC if you're solely about THE LOVE OF THE GAME, to me, is that you have to compete with stuff.

Hmmm its saturday, what am I going to do today?

The beach?
Recreational Weed?
World class food?
World class local music?
The (lake) ERRRRRRZ \ (clip)ERRRZZZZZZ?
The Rams \ (charg) ERRRZZZZZ?
The Angels \ DOYERS?
USC? UCLA ?

What you gonna do in Bama? Fuck your cousin? Your friends' wife\cousin? May as well go meet up with your 3rd cousin twice removed at the BAMA game and have an orgy with distant relatives afterwards. There is literally nothing better to spend money on than football down there!

please at me with this fuxhit . Thanks. Bet. . Lit fam. Literally.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It's pretty much all the best coaches you could get within reason. The only ones I definitely wouldn't want are Grinch, Stoopses and Norvell.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Paw really thinks the SEC is going to be the minor leagues and other schools will be club sports or something
It wont be the SEC. It will just be the schools that break off from the NCAA and form a new coalition. You honestly don't think that is coming? they aren't going to bring along the Cincinattis of the world.