• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021-22 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues) Barca Death Spiral Edition

Snorky's Shame

Post everything about club soccer outside of England here.

Here's a partial list where you can find your league on TV in the US:

England: NBC Networks
France: BeIN
Germany: ESPN Networks
Italy: Paramount+, maybe CBS Networks
Spain: ESPN Networks
Argentina: Paramount+
Brazil: Paramount+
AFC Competitions: Paramount+
UEFA Competitions: CBS Networks and Paramount+
CONMEBOL Competitions: BeIN

I know ESPN+ had Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden last season not sure if they have it for this season.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
ESPN+ rights to the Dutch league expired at the end of this season. Don't know if they renewed the deal.

Snorky's Shame

UCL Second Round League Path draw:

Rapid Wien v Sparta Praha
Celtic v Midtjylland
PSV v Galatasaray

That last one wow.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Away goals abolished for all Uefa competitions. Goodnight, sweet prince

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
that was fantastic but I don't get the Hertha or Leipzig reference

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
that was fantastic but I don't get the Hertha or Leipzig reference

Leipzig are a plastic club.

They're easily the most hated team in Germany (RB Salzburg in Austria, too), even more than Bayern. I didn't get the Hertha one at all, I'll have to watch it again.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Dembele with the "I'm racist to everyone" take in response to a video of him and Griezmann saying slurs about Japanese

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What's with Europe and the anti-asian slur stuff? Not that Americans are immune from it, but I honestly have never met anybody, even the most racist idiots I know, that are focused on anti-Asian rhetoric. I must be missing something.

Snorky's Shame

There’s a tournament involving the reserves of AZ, PSV, Brugge and Leipzig that’s using some experimental rules.

1. Throw ins replaced by kick ins. You can dribble off these as well.
  2. Corners and free kicks being subjected to the same rule above.
  3. Unlimited subs without the game stopping. Not sure if you can come back in the game after being subbed out
  4. 5 minute sin bin for a yellow card
  5. 30 minute halves with the clock stopping when the ball is out of play.

I like the first two. The yellow card one sounds good in theory, but teams will go defensive for those five minutes and I think the ref won’t give out as many yellows knowing the consequences.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Instead of 5 minute penalty box for yellow cards I'd like to see a 5 minute penalty box for injuries. If you are going to go down screaming, you're out for 5 minutes. You can either walk it off or stop faking a broken ankle with every incidental contact.

CONMEBOL games would have periods of like 7v6 lol

goblue96

There’s a tournament involving the reserves of AZ, PSV, Brugge and Leipzig that’s using some experimental rules.

1. Throw ins replaced by kick ins. You can dribble off these as well.
  2. Corners and free kicks being subjected to the same rule above.
  3. Unlimited subs without the game stopping. Not sure if you can come back in the game after being subbed out
  4. 5 minute sin bin for a yellow card
  5. 30 minute halves with the clock stopping when the ball is out of play.

I like the first two. The yellow card one sounds good in theory, but teams will go defensive for those five minutes and I think the ref won’t give out as many yellows knowing the consequences.

Changes 1-4 sound like existing field hockey rules.

goblue96

4 sounds great, but I think 2 minutes is maybe a better time

Field Hockey card progression

Green Card = 2 minutes
Yellow Card = 5 or 10 minutes (depending on severity of the foul)
Red Card = ejected - team plays short for rest of the match

Snorky's Shame

Looks like Messi will re-sign with Barcelona for 5 years at a heavily reduced salary.

In a related move, a Griezmann-Saul swap with Atletico is almost done.

Also Florentino Perez probably should just keep his mouth shut at this point.

EDIT: Looks like reduced for year one, sharp increase for year two and gradually goes down for years 3-5 when Barcelona pays him to play for Miami/New York City/insert big market MLS team here.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Griezmann was obviously a beast at Atleti and they have to replace Suarez, so it isn't crazy, but LAWD that Barca midfield with Saul and Pedri

Snorky's Shame

Schedules:

Premier League
Ligue Une
Bundesliga
Serie A
La Liga
Eredivisie
Primeira Liga

The Spanish League restructured the pyramid this season. Segunda B is now 2 leagues not 4 and is now called Primera Division RFEF.

Primera (20): Alaves, Athletic, Atletico, Barcelona, Betis, Cadiz, Celta, Elche, Espanyol, Getafe, Granada, Levante, Mallorca, Osasuna, Rayo, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Sevilla, Valencia, Villarreal

Segunda (22): Alcorcon, Almeria, Amorebieta, Burgos, Cartagena, Eibar, Fuenlabrada, Girona, Huesca, Ibiza, Las Palmas, Leganes, Lugo, Malaga, Mirandes, Ovideo, Ponferradina, Real Sociedad B, Sporting, Tenerife, Valladolid, Zaragoza

Primera RFEF Group 1 (20): Badajoz, Bilbao Athletic, Calahorra, Celta B, Cultural, Deportivo, Extremadura, Internacional, SD Logrones, UD Logrones, Racing, Racing Ferrol, Rayo Majadahonda, San Sebastian de los Reyes, Talavera, Tudelano, Union, Unionistas, Valladolid Promesas, Zamora

Primera REFE Group 2 (20): Albacete, Alcoyano, Algeciras, Andorra, Atletico Baleares, Atletico Sanluqueno, Barcelona B, Betis Deportivo, Castellon, Cornella, Gimnastic, Linares, Linense, Llagostera, Real Madrid Castilla, Sabadell, San Fernando, Sevilla Atletico, UCAM Murcia, Villarreal B

Add Chievo to the list of Serie A teams to go bust. They'll probably end up in Serie D.

Snorky's Shame

UCL Third Round Qualifying Draw

Champions Path:

Dinamo Zagreb or Omonia v Legia or Flora
Lincoln Red Imps or CFR Cluj v Slovak Bratislava or Young Boys
Olympiakos or Neftci v Mura or Ludogorets

Kairat or Crvena zvezda v Alashkert or Sheriff
Malmo or HJK v Rangers
Ferencvaros or Zalgiris v Slavia Praha

League Path:

PSV or Galatasaray v Celtic or Midtjylland
Benfica v Spartak Moscow
Genk v Shakhtar
Monaco v Rapid Wien or Sparta Praha

Looks like the Old Firm is going to get knocked out by some Scandinavian teams.

Snorky's Shame

UCL Draw for last round of qualifying:

Salzburg v Brondby
CFR Cluj/Young Boys v Ferencvaros/Slavia Prague
Malmo/Rangers v Olympiakos/Ludogorets
Crvena zvezda/Sheriff v Dinamo Zagreb/Legia

Monaco/Sparta Prague v Genk/Shakhtar
Spartak Moscow/Benfica v PSV/Midtjylland

I want to see Crvena zvezda v Dinamo Zagreb. The game that started a war.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
What's with Europe and the anti-asian slur stuff? Not that Americans are immune from it, but I honestly have never met anybody, even the most racist idiots I know, that are focused on anti-Asian rhetoric. I must be missing something.
Were you not watching the NBA circa February of 2012? All the shit I remember growing up with and more!

Snorky's Shame

Messi to PSG

Unlike the Neymar transfer, can’t blame Paris too much. Most of the blame goes to Bartomeu and Barcelona while some goes to Tebas and La Liga.

Paris going to win 35 games in Ligue Une this year. The rest of the league got decimated by the collapse of the TV deal. Honestly the only Paris games worth watching are in the UCL.

EDIT: It should be noted that Barcelona has been involved in two of the biggest transfers in history with Figo and Neymar. Both times they spent poorly.

Futbol Club Barcelona: The worst advertisement for Democracy

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Well, Crvena zvezda lost to Sheriff of Moldova so no Dinamo Zagreb-Crvena zvezda tie for a group stage spot.

Also Rangers out of the UCL.

Snorky's Shame

So this CVC deal will be voted on today. Looks like it will pass with three dissenting votes; Athletic, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

La Liga doesn’t have any feet left to shoot so it will shoot itself in the head now. Basically the clubs are getting a short term cash investment in exchange for 10% in TV for 50 years. Not 5, not 10 but 50. There’s a reason why the Bundesliga and Serie A ran away from this deal.

Tebas can go fuck himself with this deal, not relaxing the salary cap rules like other leagues have and forcing clubs to accept this deal in which he will personally benefit.

EDIT: Athletic, Barcelona, Oviedo and Real Madrid all voted against the CVC. They won’t get any money from the CVC but they don’t forfeit their 10% of TV for 50 years to CVC.

Last edited: