• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 MLB Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Yeah I don't think he's the sentimental type. He posts a fair amount about the rights of players, etc. The interesting pieces, though, are that he wants to play for a contender and he wants to play for a team with advanced pitching practices. Other than the Dodgers, I'm not sure which teams check that box.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
M's had 2 gold glovers. A welcome surprise.

A former M gained one as well. Tyler O'Neill, whom I would have never associated as an elite glove.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I don't think he's the sentimental type. He posts a fair amount about the rights of players, etc. The interesting pieces, though, are that he wants to play for a contender and he wants to play for a team with advanced pitching practices. Other than the Dodgers, I'm not sure which teams check that box.
pads

ZackMills

Have mercy

baseballyankeefans.gif

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Hey Manfred did something right. I was expecting a year long ban or something insanely more vindictive than what the Astros' players got.

Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred says Justin Turner will not be punished for celebrating with teammates on the field after the Los Angeles Dodgers clinched the World Series title last Tuesday, even after he was removed from the game for testing positive for COVID-19.

"Staging a baseball season during the COVID 19 pandemic is an incredibly difficult undertaking and it required significant sacrifices and an enormous amount of work by players, club staff and the Commissioner's Office," Manfred said in a statement Friday.

"We all have made mistakes as we navigated these unprecedented challenges and have tried to learn from those mistakes so they are not repeated. With this in mind, I am closing this matter by applauding Justin for accepting responsibility, apologizing and making a commitment to set a positive example going forward."

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Risk a life, banned for life!

In all honesty it was weird that he was out there to me. Maybe he checked with everyone first. I don’t know. I don’t think they suspended anyone all year for it though, so why start then?

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Braves signed Charlie Morton. Rotation is now Soroka-Fried-Morton-Smyly-Anderson. If they can just stay healthy...
Smyly hasn't succumbed to the SOG?!

worst2first

I'm a fan of names that have some history behind them. Per Wikipedia, these are all the former Cleveland baseball teams:

Cleveland Forest Citys, National Association (1871–1872)
Cleveland Spiders, National League (1879–1884, 1889–1899)
Cleveland Blues, American Association (1887–1888)
Cleveland Infants, Players' League (1890)
Cleveland Bearcats, American Association (1914)
Cleveland Spiders, American Association (1915)
Cleveland Tate Stars, Negro National League (1922)
Cleveland Browns, Negro National League (1924)
Cleveland Elites, Negro National League (1926)
Cleveland Hornets, Negro National League (1927)
Cleveland Tigers, Negro National League (1928)
Cleveland Cubs, Negro National League (1931)
Cleveland Stars, East-West League (1932)
Cleveland Giants, Negro National League (1933)
Cleveland Red Sox, Negro National League (1934)
Cleveland Bears, Negro American League (1939–1940)
Cleveland Buckeyes, Negro American League (1943–1948, 1950)

I think Spiders would be cool.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Cleveland Drunks would be appropriate

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He seems ok especially at his salary. Hopefully he stays healthy and can pitch deeper into games.

Patino is a real nice prospect. Meija was highly rated but hasn’t panned out yet. I don’t know much about the other two.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
He’s one of my favorite pitchers to watch, gonna be harder catching him on a West Coast schedule but I love watching the FUN Padres so I’ll make it work