• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 MLB Thread

GTfan27

really not sure what Snitker was trying to do in that 9th inning. Getting cute and throwing Tomlin out there was about the dumbest decision i've seen him make all season. And then, not having a left hander ready to face Muncy was fucking pathetic.

Snitker got in trouble last year trying to get cute with the playoff rotation and it bit us in the ass. He got cute today trying to save Melancon, but maybe he will finally realize that you gotta pitch every game like it's Game 7.

Wolfman21

Snitker got in trouble last year trying to get cute with the playoff rotation and it bit us in the ass. He got cute today trying to save Melancon, but maybe he will finally realize that you gotta pitch every game like it's Game 7.

I got no problem saving Melancon. Its 8-3 going into the 9th. You shouldn't use your closer there. Especially when he was used last night. But Tomlin? The worst reliever you have? Can't even throw 90 MPH and it has no movement? THe only time we should have seen him this series was in an emergency situation or if we are getting our doors blown off and just need someone to eat a couple innings. That was horrendous bullpen management. Just horrendous. And he didn't just fuck up by using Tomlin, he fucked up again by not having a lefty ready to go for Max Muncy when he came up. Unbelievable really. Gave a team that looked beaten a mountain of confidence

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Tomlin has that George Custer look down. His night went about as good as Custer’s, too...

Wolfman21

Called it. Black magic is real folks

Snitkers decision to throw Tomlin last night and let the big dodgers bats that have been struggling see BP fastballs and find a groove led directly to that first inning, IMO. Pulling Wright after 28 pitches tonight, when a bullpen game is on tap tomorrow, is just the icing on the cake. I wouldn't be upset if they moved on from Snitker this offseason.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Snitkers decision to throw Tomlin last night and let the big dodgers bats that have been struggling see BP fastballs and find a groove led directly to that first inning, IMO. Pulling Wright after 28 pitches tonight, when a bullpen game is on tap tomorrow, is just the icing on the cake. I wouldn't be upset if they moved on from Snitker this offseason.
Is this a real take?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
This game is awesome. Big time pitching and tension with every at bat. I’m really into some damn baseball this year.
@Yankee151 is it possible for you to be a loser in this series?
No need to apologize. I understand. I was just adding another Ray to the Rachael Ray and other names being brought up.
Dodgers-what the city has been through. One down with the Lakeshow. The time is on the horizon. Job at hand. Do it. It’s your time.View attachment 14588
Barves Baby
you guys have five minutes a day?

Wolfman21

Never in a million years would I have put money on Bryce Wilson outpitching Clayton Kershaw

Even with his past postseason struggles...hes obviously not really healthy. Dude was sitting 89-90 on his fastball until that last inning when he humped it up to 92 as he was giving everything he had.

GTfan27

Even with his past postseason struggles...hes obviously not really healthy. Dude was sitting 89-90 on his fastball until that last inning when he humped it up to 92 as he was giving everything he had.

Yes, but Bryce freakin Wilson is the story here. The guy has done nothing but get shelled every time he's ever started a major league game, and he just threw 6 innings 1 hit ball against the Dodgers in the playoffs.

bruin

Kersh deserves some heat, but not at all to blame last night. A guy that spells his name Bryse allowed one hit to this Dodgers offense. Kersh should’ve never been allowed to face the top of the lineup in the 6th..

bruin

Remember when Adrian told Rocky “He can’t win.”?
Feels that way now.. just one game at a time. Feel it. May tonight. Bats wake up..

No Easy way out from here

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Remember when Adrian told Rocky “He can’t win.”?
Feels that way now.. just one game at a time. Feel it. May tonight. Bats wake up..

No Easy way out from here

tenor.gif

GTfan27

Kersh deserves some heat, but not at all to blame last night. A guy that spells his name Bryse allowed one hit to this Dodgers offense. Kersh should’ve never been allowed to face the top of the lineup in the 6th..

Yeah Roberts managing decisions have been questionable to say the least in this series. It was pretty clear he was losing it, and to top it all off he left him to face Ozuna after the wheels were coming off (Ozuna is slugging almost .900 against LH pitching!)

GTfan27

I'm so glad that Magic Johnson could tweet out his hot take that Will Smith had the biggest hit of the night for the Dodgers. He should be an analyst