• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 EPL Thread

NML

Hazard to Madrid for a fuck ton

Please lawd let Sarri stay because it’ll be perfect for Pulisic

Will Arsenal or ManU get any better? Will Spurs celebrate fourth place again? Will chibob come back and pay me?

worst2first

Good morning gentlemen. It's nice to be back.

giphy.gif

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I'm extremely fascinated for this offseason, because something is going to happen at Spurs. Looks like Eriksen and Toby are out of the door at a minimum, with potentially Trippier, Wanyama, Llorente and Lamela to follow. Spurs seem to be in on lots of rumors around Europe, including N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Draxler and others.

After what seems like nothing being done in years, this should be a busy offseason for Spurs.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
A fascinating thread looking at things financially as it relates to Arsenal (and other clubs as well):

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I'm extremely fascinated for this offseason, because something is going to happen at Spurs. Looks like Eriksen and Toby are out of the door at a minimum, with potentially Trippier, Wanyama, Llorente and Lamela to follow. Spurs seem to be in on lots of rumors around Europe, including N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Draxler and others.

After what seems like nothing being done in years, this should be a busy offseason for Spurs.

-YTC

No real steam around Toby, but Marca (Madrid's tabloid) is reporting that negotiations have begun for Eriksen. Trippier looks like he will leave, and Llorente wasn't offered a new deal.

The NDombele signing looks like it could be approaching the finish line, but it's Spurs, so Man U will probably swoop in with a ridiculous offer at the last minute.

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
A fascinating thread looking at things financially as it relates to Arsenal (and other clubs as well):

-YTC

This is good news to me. The only way that the club can get better is for Stan Kroenke to either change tack or sell the club, and the only way he does that is for the club to be a loss maker. As the thread suggests, the only way it can cease to be a loss maker is to -

1 - Sell a couple of great players each year. My belief is that we managed to do this for a few years because we'd stocked up on good players whilst at the top after investing considerable amounts for the time, and whittled it down. It's arguable that Aubameyang and Lacazette are the last of this whittled down player investment. It's nearly impossible to turn £20 million pound players into £100 million pound players these days unless you have a good team, as those sorts of young prospects want to play and learn at the best teams with the best players.

2 - Invest heavily in the team, reap ECL qualification money and all the sponsorship money etc that comes with it. As I've said in the previous post you need to do no2 to be able to do no1 anyway, so it's a myth to think you can uncover rough diamonds and make a profit or somehow make a great team without investment.

3 - Rely on an excellent youth development program. This is mostly what has elevated Tottenham, but imo this is a once in a generation way to build a team, so if you strike gold with it, you better keep investing, else you'll flop when your luck runs out. I think we'll see Tottenham gradually falling away like Arsenal have unless they can keep restocking with great youth, which they can't because no-one can keep doing this unless you AGAIN - spend big (like Man City and ironically Arsenal did when we were at the top of the league). It's a crap shoot.

Ie; in my opinion Arsenal is fucked. But anyway, this is a good thing as SK is never ever going to be a good thing for the club, and the only way we turn the corner is to get rid of him.

To cut a long story short I think you have to invest to succeed in the European soccer.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Prior to 2015, I usually spent the off season as an Arsenal fan, since they were first in the table due to the alphabet... then a wild Bournemouth appeared and I was confused. B comes before A in Ingerland? Then I researched more and found their full name is Athletic Football Club Bournemouth, not to be confused with Bournemouth Football Club, who play in @Chibobs weekend league down in the 9th tier.

Now I'm still not sure how "Athletic" comes before "Arsenal" in the Ingerlish alphabet, but I assume it has something to do with abbreviations? Now I prefer to call them "A Football Club in Bournemouth" so that I feel better about their first place standing.

1562007749841.png

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I thought Rodrigo played for Valencia?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
These are the same guys doling out £2000 for a season ticket and £x000 for the merchandise and concessions every year, that expect him to change if we talk to him nicely.....:england:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Arsenal 2019/20 away - it's just a Borussia Dortmund home.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Michigan used to have Adidas as its sponsor. There's a reason the Michigan blog I go has a tag that says "Adidas: the only incompetent Germans."

Doesn't really come close to the bruised banana of the 1990s. It's yellow and has some faint stripes! Yawn.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Last night when Emery moved Ozil out to right wing back after they went down to 10 men I almost stroked out. Then he got absolutely pantsed by Marcelo who I think is 40 years old and I definitely did.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Hey Arsenal signed an 18 year old French defender! Whose primary claim to renown is...Mbappe's dad coached his youth team.