• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 EPL Thread

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Whitey's guaranteed-to-be-wrong-and-let's-bring-it-up-after-the-season-and-laugh predictions

Top 4
1. Man City
2. Liverpool
3. Man United
4. Spurs

Europa
5. Chelsea
6. Everton

Relegation
18. Brighton
19. Sheffield United
20. Newcastle United

"Bold" Predictions
  • Salah runs away with the Golden Boot this year, scoring 30+ goals
  • Wolves slip up on the final match weekend at Chelsea to lose the final Europa spot
  • Arsenal allow 60 goals this season
  • There will be 9 teams that finish with a positive goal differential
  • No EPL side makes the CL semi-finals
  • First manager fired: Steve Bruce
-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Champions: Man City
Top 4: Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea
EL: Arsenal, Man U, Leicester

Relegated: Newcastle, Sheffield United, Burnley

Bold-ish Predictions
  • Last year managing Arsenal and Tottenham for Emery and Poch, respectively
  • Lampard doesn't win a trophy and gets fewer points than last season, but is universally hailed as a genius
  • Southampton spend the first 2/3s of the season in the top 7 before fading late in the season
  • Tottenham are City's primary title challengers most of the year, until falling off in the spring, letting Liverpool leapfrog them
  • Liverpool beat City twice in the league
  • Ravel Morrison is the signing of the season for 5 months, until signing a long term deal and then going on a bender that cost Sheffield United PL status

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They need defenders. David Luiz does NOT count.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
He is good what, 1 in 4 games and is 32? Could they not sign anyone else? And as a Chelsea !SUPPORTER! I don't think the D really falls off without him there.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Luiz will be either the best or second best CB at Arsenal, though.

In terms of actually defending, I don't think that's true. I'm not saying we haven't got bad defenders, but Luiz is down there with the worst. He is, however much better at going forward and setting up play than anyone in our back line. You have to remember that he had experienced full backs to cover him at Chelsea. He'll be a fucking clusterfuck at Arsenal.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Have you seen the defenders Arsenal has right now?

He'll be fine most of the time and then be a mess occasionally. Which is better than fucking Mustafi or an injured Holding.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It definitely happens. Not as often as you'd think. He's not pulling his clown show shit every other game. It's probably more like 1 every 5-7 games. Which is way better than any defender Arsenal have right now.

He's not a great or even a good signing. Arsenal needs bodies at CB, and if he pushes Mustafi to the bench, it's worth it.

tab10

Hopefully it’s a stop gap until someone better comes along. Holding should be back in a month or so???

Tierney looks like a decent player though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Have you seen the defenders Arsenal has right now?

He'll be fine most of the time and then be a mess occasionally. Which is better than fucking Mustafi or an injured Holding.

Did you know there is a Rob Holding chant that the fans do which ludicrously suggests he's better than Cannavaro :laughing:

I'm also not sure that David Luiz: he's worse than Rob Holding is really a defense of the signing. I know they just need bodies, it's just maddening that Luiz is what they ended up with.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ooooh and they loaned Nketiah. Really banking on Auba and Laca not getting hurt, lol.

tab10

Saliba/Holding is the defensive pair for the future I think, but sucks it’s not an option this year. Just got to make due in the meantime.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I feel like the real question is: will he be better than Arsenal's other panic buys in defense? Remember when they bought Silvestre at the deadline? :laughing:

tab10

Iwobi off to Everton for somewhere around 35 to 40 million ££££

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Luiz is why they loaned Nketiah. He can (and does, seemingly without request) play striker.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Loved Spurs business in the window.

Hated not getting more cover at RB. Come on down Juan Foyth once they reattach your ankle!

-YTC

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Luiz's contract is structured so that he loses 1 million squiggles for every ball he passes into his own net on accident.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The thing is at least we got a bargain to fill our CB need, and didn't make the same mistake that Liverpool did by spending 75m on VVD who has turned out to be a disaster.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Luiz gets a ton of hate, but he really is a fun player to watch. All the mistakes he makes are evened out by the times he saves some slow, white English CB.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Luiz gets a ton of hate, but he really is a fun player to watch. All the mistakes he makes are evened out by the times he saves some slow, white English CB.

To me it can't get any worse to me, so adding a fun player is just a plus. At least he'll make fucking it all up spectacular and exciting. Much better than some half baked Ingerlish prospect from the Championship.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
We gon look so frickin awesome this year :

fb513b47a181decda3bcb7470ec20f1a.jpg

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Looks like everybody's keeping form coming into the new season. Should mean Arsenal go 3 up to finish 3-3 tomorrow then...

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Cool to see Sheffield United back but this game is boring af. Why is NBC forcing this on me.