• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020-21 Corches Trebuchet

Brick

if they can get him, GUS is a no-brainer imo.

i don't think HERMan is a bad idea either.

fickell boring af hire.

lol at freeze after the schiano shit. yeah ok.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
if they can get him, GUS is a no-brainer imo.

i don't think HERMan is a bad idea either.

fickell boring af hire.

lol at freeze after the schiano shit. yeah ok.
Which kid did freeze rape? I mean he prolly ain’t gonna get hired but you telling me Christian liberty can hire him but tennesssee can’t?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Message boards have mentioned Doug fucking Marrone and BOB Nashul types. If they hire one of those, I will never post about tennessee football for 5 years minimum.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
This is like the first smart thing they’ve done in 12 years. Someone came forward and snitched and they got to fire Pruitt with cause. No buy out. It’s gold, Jerry, gold.

Brick

also the sec east has not exactly been the west. that shit is incredible.

the year paw lost the whiskey bet to me was prolly the closest they got!

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Lmao, LSU has been set to finalize a deal with two different DC candidates (Freeman at Cincy and Nielsen with the Saints) only for both deals to fall apart within days. Going to end up with DC #0 at this point.

Brick

i was dying at an article the other day where it sounds like corch o literally just called BRADY and asked him "hey who can run ur offense we will hire them." what a corch.

Renegade

Charge on!
Didn’t want to start an AD trebuchet thread but Wolken reporting Tennessee is hiring Danny White from UCF.

@Renegade ?

Yep, you just got the best AD in the game. Tennessee finally did something right. Hopefully he will help us out and hire Fickell from Cincy so we can win the conference next year and someone will take Heupel off our hands.

Also, I saw on Twitter that some guys are reporting he will bring Heupel with him. I doubt it. My understanding is that they have a strained relationship. I'd imagine it is frustration with Heupel not making adjustments well, but it may also go the other way some with DW backing Randy Shannon as DC. He basically told Heupel if he wanted the HC job that Shannon would be the DC. Not sure if he's still making Heupel retain Shannon though.

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
isn't TOSH just a CROOTS guy? bet they get him.
Tosh is the ultimate CROOTER. He was a top 5 recruiter at freaking Cal until shit hit the fan.

I don't think Fickell will go to Tenn. He's holding out for something better. I think that job isn't very attractive for someone with legit options. Maybe NERD GUS will go there.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Where my brain goes when I hear Danny White.

images

Renegade

Charge on!
Each of Danny's hires have been different:

• Lance Leipold at Buffalo, hiring a very successful D3 coach...focused more on X&Os over recruiting
  • Frost, looking for a complete culture change and the total package of X&Os and recruiting
  • Heupel, looking for someone to maintain the exciting offense and program identity while being more responsible than Frost (had zero discipline among his players)
Also worth noting that before Frost, the UCF job was offered to Schiano, but this is believed to have been driven by the old fogey boosters who loved O'Leary and wanted his clone as HC. After he failed to respond, DW was able to go with his guy, Frost.

However, before Heupel, DW offered the job to Kevin Sumlin, who also let the deadline run in hopes of getting a P5 offer. The jury is still out on Heupel, but seems like the 2nd choice was definitely better than the first choice.

In basketball, he hired Nate Oats at Buffalo who killed it, and he hired Johnny Dawkins at UCF. Very different hires. So he doesn't necessarily have a type he's looking for but looks for the best fit for the needs of the job.

All of the non-revenue hires he's made have been excellent, not that anyone cares. Baseball is still an open question, but last year's team was stacked and the season ruined by COVID.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Message boards don’t know jack shit, but they seem to think it’s Elliot from Clemson. That would be underwhelming af. Another unproven OC who only called plays this season?? Wat

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That’s still a pretty lame hire. Why not hire Chadwell? Cool offense too and he’s actually been a HC

I mean, Chad Morris ran great offenses at Clemson while Dabo was a dope and he sucked as a HC

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Bret's first Illini staff looks honestly amazing compared to where we were 3 months ago. It's almost incredible.

Craig7835

A familiar face is now has an OC job. Matt Canada is the new OC with the Steelers. I hope he doesn't chew out Tomlin publicly like he did Coach O