• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020-21 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

Since 2008 the UCL winners have been:

Real Madrid (2014, 2016-2018)
Barcelona (2009, 2011, 2015)
The team that knocked out Barcelona (2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2020)

Sorry Liverpool, Bayern, Dortmund, Porto and Manchester City, Chelsea, Atalanta, Lazio, Moenchengladbach and Atletico.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Since 2008 the UCL winners have been:

Real Madrid (2014, 2016-2018)
Barcelona (2009, 2011, 2015)
The team that knocked out Barcelona (2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2020)

Sorry Liverpool, Bayern, Dortmund, Porto and Manchester City, Chelsea, Atalanta, Lazio, Moenchengladbach and Atletico.

Liverpool blows right now anyway.

Snorky's Shame

Liverpool blows right now anyway.

I think the pandemic really hurt Liverpool. I don’t think it’s sustainable to play their style when you’re playing 2 games in a week on a regular basis off a short summer break.

Liverpool is kind of in the same situation Dortmund is in. They can’t afford to coast in the league as UCL qualification for next year is not guaranteed.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I think the pandemic really hurt Liverpool. I don’t think it’s sustainable to play their style when you’re playing 2 games in a week on a regular basis.

Liverpool is kind of in the same situation Dortmund is in. They can’t afford to coast in the league as UCL qualification for next year is not guaranteed.

Pandemic and injuries. Losing Van Dijk was a huge blow.

Snorky's Shame

Haaland is going to look sweet in City blue. @Yankee151 @bruin228 :smoking:

f13c1f17083f9e67aa4f576db60b7aa3.jpg

I don’t know. Getting some Al Bundy vibes.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pardon me if this is generally known, but why does Norway have a bunch of world class players just in the past couple years? Dedicated national program or something a la Spain/Belgium?

Snorky's Shame

Pardon me if this is generally known, but why does Norway have a bunch of world class players just in the past couple years? Dedicated national program or something a la Spain/Belgium?

Started with a program called Olympiatoppen in the 80’s. That helped with the rise of Rosenborg and Norway’s national team in the 90’s. Like Belgium, the size of the country means you’re not producing World Class talent at the rate Spain does but you can produce a generation every 20 years or so.

Snorky's Shame

Well that was one of uneventful week of the UCL knockout stage.

If it wasn’t already apparent, the balance of power in European Football has gone from Southern Europe to Northern Europe.

Snorky's Shame

UCL Draw in bracket order:

Bayern v Paris
Manchester City v Dortmund
Real Madrid v Liverpool
Porto v Chelsea

Wow, one of Chelsea, Liverpool, Porto or Real Madrid will be in the final.

EL Draw in bracket order:

Granada v Manchester United
Ajax v Roma
Dinamo Zagreb v Villarreal
Arsenal v Slavia Prague

Could get a 2006 UCL Semifinal rematch at the bottom of the bracket.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
At least we can see clearly this time that City will lose to Halland rather than getting our hopes up to lose to Bayern.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Snorky's Shame

So the new UCL format is going to be:

• 36 teams in one giant group. Four pots of nine team each for the draw
  • 10 group games using the “Swiss System”
  • Top 8 go into the round of 16
  • 9-24 play a two-legged play in round. Teams 9-16 will be drawn against a team that finished 17-24

1. Why don’t they just go with a straight bracket instead of drawing every round

2. Soccer fans aren’t exactly the brightest bulbs in the bunch, I think the “Swiss System” might be hard for a lot of people to understand.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Why don’t they just make it EPL Champ, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Serie A Champ, Random Champion #1 and Random Champion #2 make the Champions League and be done with it?

Snorky's Shame

Why don’t they just make it EPL Champ, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Serie A Champ, Random Champion #1 and Random Champion #2 make the Champions League and be done with it?

Yeah, I just think a European Super League is inevitable at this point or, at the very least, regionalized leagues.

Snorky's Shame

I don't think I've heard of the "Swiss System"

If I were a big team, I’d experiment for the first two games, get easier opponents later on and finish anywhere in the top 8. This is where not having a straight bracket hurts because finishing 8th is the same as finishing 1st.

Also should be single games as well since you can rank team 1-24 now.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Dear Nutopians,

We are getting a new French champion in Ligue 1. Bet, you salopes! ta mere!

Signed,

Le Hachiko!

bruin

Saw somewhere that Barca still has a chance to win the league? Wouldn’t think it reading this thread

Snorky's Shame

I mean they weren’t playing that well in the first half of the year. They been playing well in the league after the New Year though save the Paris game at Camp Nou.

It’s now a three team race for La Liga with the El Clasico next weekend and Atletico still having to visit Camp Nou.

Snorky's Shame

Wow, no Varane and no Ramos for Real Madrid for both legs vs. Liverpool and El Clasico.

Also really sucks that the two closest leagues in Europe can only be seen on beIN.