• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sperg about Motor Racing thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
giphy.gif

Wolfman21

Lol, so dale jr says "shit" during a victory lane interview and gets fined and docked 25 points but kyle can say the package fucking sucks and not a word. Got it.

The fact that someone with the attitude/behavior/personality/wife of kyle busch is the most talented driver in the sport is another issue with why nascar is struggling

Wolfman21

They did not cover the car as it was towed off the track as they normally do during fatal accidents. But the lack of news about his condition is extremely concerning. Ive watched a couple motorsport deaths live...and the lack of updates on the drivers condition was always concerning

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
They did not cover the car as it was towed off the track as they normally do during fatal accidents. But the lack of news about his condition is extremely concerning. Ive watched a couple motorsport deaths live...and the lack of updates on the drivers condition was always concerning

I think if he was dead, they would have said by now, maybe? News of Dan Wheldon came pretty quickly. I think he may be alive but in really bad shape.

Wolfman21

I think if he was dead, they would have said by now, maybe? News of Dan Wheldon came pretty quickly. I think he may be alive but in really bad shape.

Ive seen multiple rumors that at some point hes been awake...one from a "penske employee". They did say he was rushed to the hospital. I remember with dale sr. They showed his ambulance leaving the track and it was crawling...you knew it was bad news then.

Who knows, tons of speculation out there. Praying hard. That was possibly the worst wreck ive ever seen. Having the nose of another car square up the drivers window...gah damn

Wolfman21

Media being asked to be staged outside of hospital for an update. Gotta think thats good news. Nascar has made announcements on fatalities...getting an update from the hospital makes me think hes alive

Wolfman21

Latest update an hour ago is newman is awake, alert and talking with family and doctors. Still no info on the extent of his injuries...which has me a little worried about his movement capabilities. But one step at a time

Wolfman21

His wife just posted a video of him walking out of the hospital in regular clothes holding his girls hands. Articles coming out now that hes been released from the hospital. 36 hours ago we were afraid he was dead. Amazing

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
There's almost nowhere else I'd rather not have ICU-level care than Daytona.

Wolfman21

After kyle busch won the vegas truck race, his 7th straight win in the series when he enters, Kevin Harvick put a bounty on his head for $50k. Marcus Lemonis, head man for Gander Outdoors...title sponsor for the trucks, equaled that $50k for a total $100k bounty for any cup series regular that could beat kyle in a truck race.

So far Chase Elliott is entered for Atlanta and Kansas and Kyle Larson is in for Homestead. Denny Hamlin wants to enter...but the only toyota team that could field him is....Kyle Busch Motorsports, lol.

Prolly gonna be the best viewership for truck races this season. The Atlanta race may be the best attended truck race in a decade with Chase involved and the interest this bounty thing has drummed up. Im not sure anyone can beat kyle...hes just too good in those trucks. But itll be interesting

Wolfman21

one of the biggest whiners in the sport...this kinda thing happens every week when dudes don't just move out of his way. And his threats are idle as he never does anything to follow through with them

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Apparently iracing is already getting a deal together with a bunch of current nascar drivers to run a race

Gimme an IROC type series.

NASCAR style cars at Daytona
Indy Cars at Long Beach
F1 Cars at Monaco
Endurance Cars at Lemans

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Hickory Motor Speedway had opened the gates tonight and was selling tickets. Then waited until 7pm when racing was supposed to start to cancel. Dumb rednecks on faecesbook blaming the Governor for cancelling the race.

Wolfman21

iracing has a race on Sunday called "The Replacements 100"....Dale Jr, William Byron, Alex Bowman, Bubba Wallace, Justin Allgaier, Harrison Burton are the notable drivers/past drivers. Also a bunch of spotters like TJ Majors, Kevin Hamlin and Chad Knaus will be in it. Also country artist Tim Dugger and former NFL lineman Kyle Long. Was hoping they would have alot more of the big name guys...but those dudes are prolly off enjoyin the family time

Wolfman21

So the Replacements 100 happened....think it peaked at some 18,000 concurrent viewers on twitch. First bit was rough as drivers with very little sim experience did what drivers with very little sim experience do. Last 50 laps went green and Ryan Blaney's spotter beat William Byron. The Replacements 100 will now be a weekly thing on Tuesday nights alternating between cup cars and street stocks.

NOW, however, a new series has been created called the "Pro Invitational Series". This has been put together by cup drivers, fox sports and iracing. Driver list HERE. Without clicking the link...some of the sports biggest names such as Joey Logano, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Denny Hamlin, Chase Elliott, William Byron, Kyle Larson, Brad Keselowski, Dale Jr., Ross Chastain, Christopher Bell and many other smaller team/xfinity guys. Mike Joy, Jeff Gordon and Larry Mac will be announcing the race from the FS1 studios. Clint Bowyer will be the in-car reporter...which should be the main reason you tune in. It will be televised on FS1 at 1:30 PM EST tomorrow. Race is at Homestead and will be 150 laps i believe. Tim Dugger will be doing a virtual pre-race concert, lol.

In conjunction with their sponsorship of the first race in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series, Dixie Vodka is donating $10,000 to The NASCAR Foundation – which is centralizing charitable donations in the NASCAR industry to support those impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Their donation, and those of drivers such as Denny Hamlin – who pledged, on Twitter, to donate $100 for every lap led and $5,000 if he wins the race – will be earmarked to assist Miami-area residents.

One of the cooler stories, and something quite unique to motorsports with the introduction of iracing and simulators over the past two decades, to help in a time like this.

Wolfman21

Denny beats dale jr back to the line. Awesome finish once they stopped throwing caution flags for every single accident