• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
They played a "home" series here in Cedar Rapids a week or so ago. It's a cool stadium if you're ever passing through and want to catch a game.

Zpxq1Nv.png

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Paddack was dealin yesterday. He’s been fun to watch. Cool to see a guy consistently K hitters with high heat.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Phillies Chairman David Montgomery passes awayOne of the most respected and admired executives in baseball, David P. Montgomery passed away this morning at the age of 72 after a courageous five-year battle against cancer.

In his nearly half century in the game, one of Montgomery's greatest legacies was his unwavering civic-minded approach to the business of baseball. He was also widely admired for his fierce loyalty to fans, players and front office staff. That loyalty was on par with his passion for the game.

"David was one of Philadelphia's most influential business and civic leaders in his generation," said Phillies managing partner John Middleton. "For 25 years, he has been an invaluable business partner and, more importantly, an invaluable friend. He was beloved by everyone at the Phillies. Leigh and I are saddened beyond words at David's passing and extend our love and sympathy to Lyn, his children and grandchildren."

Montgomery was on the board at my high school when I was student.

Wolfman21

Jesus, Milwaukees Corbin Burnes just had the worst 2/3 of an inning ive ever seen. Gave up 5 hits(3 homers), 2 walks and 7 ER

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Yeah, there's supposed to be less break at altitude. The Rockies need to do something innovative with their pitching that's not have a reliever come in after 4 innings. The sinker baller experiment actually worked for a while. Jason Marquis was an All Star with the Rockies one year. But then they went away from that.

This trade makes me more and more mad as I think about it. Trading what could be a cornerstone player under team control for a couple more years for an unnecessary piece and a shit prospect is insane. Fuck this idiot team.
Not calling out DM specifically here, but the post trade analysis is always the funniest thing to read. Especially when the shit prospect turned out to be German Marquez and for some reason Dickerson is on his 3rd team already despite hitting.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Not calling out DM specifically here, but the post trade analysis is always the funniest thing to read. Especially when the shit prospect turned out to be German Marquez and for some reason Dickerson is on his 3rd team already despite hitting.

I was half right, though :laughing: McGee was awful here, and Dickerson would have been an upgrade on any of the Rockies' outfielders outside of Blackmon in the past 3 years.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
@kella, just take ur 1984 championship and fuck right off

I'm clinging to it forever. I got a good feeling the Tigers will be dissolved or otherwise irrelevant (NK EMP, cultural civil war, etc.) before they ever sniff another one.

ZackMills

Have mercy
christ this franchise sucks. I know nobody there cares because of the beach and cloudy june weather or whatever, but this just stupid.

https://deadspin.com/the-padres-killed-a-lot-of-bees-for-absolutely-no-reaso-1835239408

Nice. I might consider that. We don't have a ton of them, but they're definitely trying to move into our deck. They don't seem to have a lot of holes yet. I have a guy coming out to assess us for an annual extermination plan on Tuesday and I'll have him double check.

Another bee man is an anti-bee man?