• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The interesting thing to me is that he had it worked into his contract that his son could be around. Never heard of that before but at least he had his intentions clear with the club and the team before he even signed.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
What I'm reading is a kid who spends most of his time around a baseball clubhouse can still score as well on standardized tests as kids who are in class all day every day?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Gon go hard in that 59 50

CeKTaEMW0AEu5tT.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Who got dat MLB.tv password I could borrow?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Supposedly the Royals still pissed about Syndergaard's brushback. Of course they are, can't wait for the five brawls they'll start this year.

I don't understand baseball's unwritten rules at all. To me the escalation from bat flip/celebration to TRYING TO HIT SOMEONE WITH A FUCKING FASTBALL is a bit absurd. To me, the pitchers should just respond by doing their own strike out celebration, to me (or not giving up HRs). If someone intentionally tried to hit me with a fastball that is escalating a disagreement to a physical level and I'd respond by charging the mound with my bat and beating them to death, since it is physical now and that's how the world works.

I also don't understand charging the mound without ur bat. You mad enough to charge the mound, but not mad enough to be out for blood? Just trog posturing SMDH. Go big or GTFO.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I don't understand baseball's unwritten rules at all. To me the escalation from bat flip/celebration to TRYING TO HIT SOMEONE WITH A FUCKING FASTBALL is a bit absurd. To me, the pitchers should just respond by doing their own strike out celebration, to me (or not giving up HRs). If someone intentionally tried to hit me with a fastball that is escalating a disagreement to a physical level and I'd respond by charging the mound with my bat and beating them to death, since it is physical now and that's how the world works.

Don't so sure.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That's what I'm saying... He shouldn't have left his bat. I'd like to see Nolan Ryan win that contest. Pitcher already used his weapon, now use urs.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

I also don't understand charging the mound without ur bat. You mad enough to charge the mound, but not mad enough to be out for blood? Just trog posturing SMDH. Go big or GTFO.

Well this wasn't over a bat flip. Alcides Escobar was 6/9 on first pitches in the playoffs, so Syndergaard threw the first pitch of the world series at his head.

A brush back is a legitimate strategy for that reason. You have an aggressive hitter diving his body at the ball and being aggressive, throw the ball inside so he has to think twice. Maybe Syndergaard should have had it more of a brushback than a head hunting fastball, but you could argue a fastball above your head is easier to avoid that one sent at your ribs.

Anyway, Royals are just gonna Royal. Their World Series win had silenced the issue anyway, but now they'll probably start a brawl instead.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well this wasn't over a bat flip. Alcides Escobar was 6/9 on first pitches in the playoffs, so Syndergaard threw the first pitch of the world series at his head.

A brush back is a legitimate strategy for that reason. You have an aggressive hitter diving his body at the ball and being aggressive, throw the ball inside so he has to think twice. Maybe Syndergaard should have had it more of a brushback than a head hunting fastball, but you could argue a fastball above your head is easier to avoid that one sent at your ribs.

Anyway, Royals are just gonna Royal. Their World Series win had silenced the issue anyway, but now they'll probably start a brawl instead.

And me swinging my bat at his head in return would be just as legit of a "strategy" to make him think twice about his brush back "strategy." I bet if more of these batters used my approach the brushback strategy wouldn't last long.

Also, TRAPS ARE FULL!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Someone thinking tavaris would give me an MLB.tv login

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
And you getting suspended for half the season will be be just as legit of a punishment to make you think twice about swinging your bat at his head.

SRS no troll question. Why doesn't intentionally throwing a fastball at someone's head carry the same punishment? If you take some in-game disagreement to a physically dangerous level, that goes beyond "strategy" to me and is absurd, and that player should be punished with a long suspension (and an assault charge if the ball hits they player and causes damage).

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm addressing the cases where it is 100% obvious that there is intent to injure (same thing goes for sliding). Just suspend anyone doing that shit for half a season and it stops being a "strategy" instantly and you don't have all the fights and bullshit.

I think everyone should be free to bat flip without having the next pitch be a fastball aimed at their dome.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I'm addressing the cases where it is 100% obvious that there is intent to injure (same thing goes for sliding). Just suspend anyone doing that shit for half a season and it stops being a "strategy" instantly and you don't have all the fights and bullshit.

I think everyone should be free to bat flip without having the next pitch be a fastball aimed at their dome.

I am for both.