• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2019-2020 ERRZZ

evil1

Too soon to forget

D9B2bTxWsAEQBO-.jpg

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Kawhi y u leave us :’(

Gotta wonder what really went on.. spurs must have really botched things lol.

Spurs gonna spurs but w/o any significant roster moves they aren’t competing next season.

evil1

Kawhi y u leave us :’(

Gotta wonder what really went on.. spurs must have really botched things lol.

Spurs gonna spurs but w/o any significant roster moves they aren’t competing next season.

This. How did things go so wrong between the most reliably run team in the NBA and maybe the league's lowest maintenance star player? If it really was over the diagnosis over Kawhi's injury, they it literally may be the worst screw up (in terms of the overall effect) any team in the NBA has made in the last several years.

evil1

Sorry Reel

ad_lakers.0.jpg

I actually think it was a win-win trade for both sides. N.O. got a really good haul considering Davis was in the final year of his contract and said he wasn't going to sign long term with half of the interested teams.

For L.A., this puts them in contender status and reverses the bad momentum they've had for the last four months. It also keeps the Clippers as L.A.'s JV team. The Lakers will have $25-30 million (depending on when the teams officially finalize the trade) to spend on a third star player (Kemba Walker or Jimmy Butler) or to bolster the roster with free agents.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Sorry Reel

ad_lakers.0.jpg

I actually think it was a win-win trade for both sides. N.O. got a really good haul considering Davis was in the final year of his contract and said he wasn't going to sign long term with half of the interested teams.

For L.A., this puts them in contender status and reverses the bad momentum they've had for the last four months. It also keeps the Clippers as L.A.'s JV team. The Lakers will have $25-30 million (depending on when the teams officially finalize the trade) to spend on a third star player (Kemba Walker or Jimmy Butler) or to bolster the roster with free agents.
It finally happened

I went through a few stages of grief but then once I realized that it was really happening, I felt better about it

This was so different from the cp3 saga

But the franchise looks vastly different from the team previous regimes. I'm excited to see what ends up happening.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
It finally happened

I went through a few stages of grief but then once I realized that it was really happening, I felt better about it

This was so different from the cp3 saga

But the franchise looks vastly different from the team previous regimes. I'm excited to see what ends up happening.
I actually think the Pellies did as well as they could under the circumstances. NO got rights to swap future picks/all the Lakers future 1st round picks they could until like 2025... so if the things go wrong, this could be the Nets-Celts trade part II except the Pellies got 3 young guys too.

Core of Zion-Ingram (if his blood clots are OK)-Jrue plus whatever else they can get would be pretty good. If Zion is a star within 2 years, they'll have tons of cap space plus all of these picks.

Gr8 trade for Lakers (if AD re-signs) too. If they can get a Kemba and LeBron goes to Kobe's German doctor, they're the favorites now.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
They'll probably pick up Jarrett Culver who is a stud, then maybe trade Lonzo + for another bigger guy (if not now, then in another year), which would be a great core.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

So guys... How the fuck were Lonzo and Ingram number 2overall picks... They don't really seem like they are superstars or big ballers or whatever the urban children call a really good player

I'm legitimately baffled by this. I guess the NFL makes more sense to me to me. So can someone explain the values here... How did the Pellys just trade a single player with one yr left on his deal for

2 number 2 overall picks this is the cray part... Are they just busts at this point?
A number 4 overall this yr
And a bunch of other shit

Last edited:

GR8 2 B FL G8R

And just for the conspiracy Lolz what if AD signs back with a Loaded Pelly team next yr and Dell Demps comes out and stone cold stunners Lebron

NML

Just below all-star level players is pretty typical of the #2 overall picks in not-great drafts. Ingram has a higher ceiling, but still don’t see him as an all-nba level player. Ball has a respectable floor since his defense has improved, but he’s a weird fit with Jrue doe since both are good passers and not good shooters

I think the Pels got a good deal considering the circumstance, but the sum of the parts is not as good as AD

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
So guys... How the fuck were Lonzo and Ingram number 2overall picks... They don't really seem like they are superstars or big ballers or whatever the urban children call a really good player

I'm legitimately baffled by this. I guess the NFL makes more sense to me to me. So can someone explain the values here... How did the Pellys just trade a single player with one yr left on his deal for

2 number 2 overall picks this is the cray part... Are they just busts at this point?

Look at that miscreant fulz he was a number something high and he can’t do shit. This is an epidemic oh thur one yr in college pounding the ball into the court jacking up 37 footers when they are down 1 as time expires.

At least Longo ball has some name recognition at the time he was drafted. The rest are no names usually.

This year it’s gonna be Zylon then 60 no names.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

So if I read through the schtick, you are saying that Lonzo had name recognition (probably because of Lavar and the hype machine of BBB). And this is what caused him to be drafted number 2 overall? Are NBA GMs this stupid?

Like Kim Kardashian has more name recognition than Janice Griffith but...

Reel

Community Liaison
I have what I feel are some legitimate thoughts on g8r's questions but that's too much schtick for my liking so I'll just let the jokes rock on

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

For whatever reason, 2nd overall picks have normally sucked. Only KD has been ELITE since Jason Kidd 25 years ago. Aldridge has been consistent All-Star, the rest not great: http://www.basketballinsiders.com/h...-pick/history-of-the-nba-draft-pick-number-2/

Ingram has a shot to be good, he's still young and finished the year strong. But he is so thin and just had blood clots. Lonzo with Jrue could work if you had shooters out there with them. They both are gr8 defensively and Jrue can work off the ball. Or they could just trade Lonzo for someone who can shoot.

evil1

Laker haters last week: The Lakers young players aren't that great.

Laker haters this week: Lol, the Lakers gave up too many of their young players and got fleeced.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I know it's a completely lukewarm take, but I think both sides should be thrilled with the trade.

The Lakers got one of the 10 best players in the league (and arguably the 2nd best player aged 26 and younger) to play with LeBron during the remainder of his prime, while having a piece to potentially build around when the LeBron era is over. The Pelicans got a nice haul of assets while essentially only negotiating with one team. Reminds me a lot of what the Nuggets got in the Carmelo trade.

-YTC

Reel

Community Liaison
AD got where he wanted to go

Pelicans got some nice assets to either keep or continue flipping

:dunno:

evil1

Using NFL comparisons, a top 10 player in the NBA is the equivalent of a Pro Bowl franchise QB. Most top 10 NBA picks may turn out to be solid starters, but most of them don't become All Stars. Lonzo Ball and Ingram aren't busts, they are still probably going to be good players, but legitimate franchise QBs don't come around that often.

As for the one year left on Davis's deal, he has already indicated that he is willing to sign a long term extension with the Lakers and would lose a ton of money in his next contract if he didn't. It is about a 95% chance he re-signs wit LA a year from now.

Edit; I think Whitey is pretty much right. I think this is a win-win-win trade. The Lakers get one of the top 5 players in the NBA (who is only 26 years old), N.O. gets some good assets to pair with #1 pick Zion Williamson, and Anthony Davis gets to go where he wants to go.