• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2019-2020 ERRZZ

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Laker haters last week: The Lakers young players aren't that great.

Laker haters this week: Lol, the Lakers gave up too many of their young players and got fleeced.
The young players and the 4th overall pick was fair trade. I don't get why the Lakers traded away all of their 1s (especially '22) until 2025/agreed to swap picks. They were bidding against themselves. Now they have zero 1's to trade for help. Plus not enough to get a max guy because of the 4m AD trade kicker.

Might be better for the ERErRRRz to sign 3-4 good players for the 23m in cap space though vs. sign a max guy.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Welcome corch, uh, Dario Saric?

TJ Warren and 32 to the Pacers for Cash as well. Must mean DLO is coming. DLO Brown-BOOK-Oubre-Saric-Ayton? DECENT

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Winston garlands son goes 5th. merrick garlands grandson. At least he has two famous relatives to keep him from being a no name.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Deandre Hunter going to Atlanta? RIP his career

giphy.gif

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Did the Pellys fleece the Hawks
nah, it worked out for both of them. I think the pels always had Hayes in their site as their second guy, but couldnt justify getting him at 4, so trade back.

I liked the pelicans picks. I think they addressed some positions of need that can come in and at the very least, provide some depth on the second unit unless Griff and the org think at least zion and hayes can contribute day 1. I liked Griff said that none of the players they've drafted are part of any further deals.

Sad stat of the night. The pelicans drafted more players last night than they have the last 6 years combined :(

I knew Tremont Waters was a 2nd round pick, but damn i didnt want him going to Boston. I thought Naz Reid would've gotten some 2nd round love as well, but went undrafted, but i dont think that matters as much these days as it did many moons ago.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
2nd round vs undrafted is basically the same, almost better to be undrafted, you're not tied to one organization

Reel

Community Liaison
2nd round vs undrafted is basically the same, almost better to be undrafted, you're not tied to one organization
from a destination perspective, i can see that, but as a player, i would have to imagine that out of 60 people that are going to be picked, you might be bummed out that you weren't one of them

but you raise a good point.

Brick

this is an inferno hot take

but, why don't you like the pick?
he is a raw lob guy with a "high ceiling" and those guys flame out like no other type of player.

bol bol going where he went is NUTS unless there are huge injury concerns. if you are gonna take a flyer on a big ogre mong, take the 7'2" guy who went 20/10 and 50% from 3 even with a limited sample size.

NML

Athletic, “lob” bigs are vastly more useful than actual ogres. Gobert and Whiteside are routinely played off the court because the other team just goes small and doesn’t even try to attack the paint. If you can’t defend the pick and roll, you don’t have much use in today’s NBA.

Reel

Community Liaison
he is a raw lob guy with a "high ceiling" and those guys flame out like no other type of player.

bol bol going where he went is NUTS unless there are huge injury concerns. if you are gonna take a flyer on a big ogre mong, take the 7'2" guy who went 20/10 and 50% from 3 even with a limited sample size.
Re: bol bol

Reel

Community Liaison
also, they got someone that they can probably run in tandem with zion in spurts depending on the matchups. I would rather have the lob high potential guy than the cement footed Alex Ajinca ogre who will clog up the paint on offense and be a liability on lane penetration on defense

Reel

Community Liaison
Alex Ajinca is still in the league? Lol
i forgot where the pels dumped him, but he might still be

I was just trying to use an example of the ogre that Brick is praising while talking down to the athletic lob guy. Tyson Chandler made a career being that guy, and was pretty decent defensively as well.

evil1

I don't like the move for the Lakers. I think they are better off adding depth than trying to land a third superstar. Wagner, Jones and Banga were three young and cheap players that could have made the team's ten man rotation (if not this year, then for years down the line)

doh

The ErrRrRz shouldn't go after Kemba, DLo, Kawhi, whoever so they can have Mo Bamba, Some guy with the last name Jones and the German guy from Michigan? :laughing:

LeBron doesn't have much time left + you could get minimum guys who are as good.

Also AD just said "Nah, I'm good off $4m?". Klutch / LeBron about to gift him with some $20m oceanside estate.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
The ErrRrRz shouldn't go after Kemba, DLo, Kawhi, whoever so they can have Mo Bamba, Some guy with the last name Jones and the German guy from Michigan? :laughing:

LeBron doesn't have much time left + you could get minimum guys who are as good.

Also AD just said "Nah, I'm good off $4m?". Klutch / LeBron about to gift him with some $20m oceanside estate.
I think I agree with Evil. landing someone like Kawhi, Kemba or Kyrie wouldn't be the worst thing to happen but you can't play with 3.

Lakers will have what, 4 players on contract and will be capped out if they sign another max contract? What is their bench going to look like? What about their 5th starter

although if things go tits up next year for whatever reason, having another player maxed as a hedge against AD leaving has some wisdom

NML

LeBron is a good enough recruiter that I think you get the elite player and trust him to do the rest. Use the MLE to find your fifth starter, and then fill out everything else.

That said, having a paper thin roster built around an injury prone big and a 34 year old is risky

doh

I think I agree with Evil. landing someone like Kawhi, Kemba or Kyrie wouldn't be the worst thing to happen but you can't play with 3.

Lakers will have what, 4 players on contract and will be capped out if they sign another max contract? What is their bench going to look like? What about their 5th starter

although if things go tits up next year for whatever reason, having another player maxed as a hedge against AD leaving has some wisdom
The Lakers want to win a championship in the next 2-3 years. In what world are Wagner, Jones or Banga playing a meaningful minute in a playoff game for a good team?

They could also sign 2-3 reel e good FAs with that space too. But you could use MLE, get a buy out guy or two with the max guy as well.

The whole problem for the Lakers vs. a team like the Warriors is they didn't start with any of the stars they have. When you do that, you can go over the cap with Bird rights. They don't have that option so the team will be thin. However they can't just wait for guys to develop with 35 or whatever year old LeBron.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni

He’ll have to file a Form 709 to report the gift . Lebrun is married, so he and savannah could elect gift splitting. But that $20 mill will severely eat into the couples liferime estate exemption of 22.8 million. This would subject thur estate to some large tax hits upon death. I don’t think it’s a wise move. They have children to think of.