• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Offseason

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I honestly think it will be significantly worse for anOSU should they try to retain Meyer. This team is still good enough to win a shampship this year, and they'll have an entire year to find an amazeballs corch to replace him for 2019.

There will be a small dip in recruiting if they let him go, but the backlash if they retain him...holy shit...

-YTC

In Brett McMurphy's Facebook post on August 3 where he asks the thoughts of anonymous AD's, my thoughts are best summed up by AD10:

AD 10: "Ohio State can’t afford to bring him back and then a year later something comes out. You did the first story, by now there’s 100 reporters trying to find anything new. When you have that many people looking they’re going to dig and dig and when you did that much, you’re going to find dirt. Nobody’s perfect."

That's why I think it will be worse if they retain him.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Unrelated to shitbag Urban Meyer, but I cannot get myself excited for this season at all. I just get dread thinking about Michigan games right now. Not sure if I'm maturing and trying to get myself to not care or if I'm going backwards and caring too much. I'm neutral on the rest of college football being back, but I'm not looking forward to watching Michigan. It's odd.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Interest has been waning for a while and really plummeted when Leach went full retard a couple of months ago

I’ll still find things to be interested in, but it’s hard to care when every season ends with BAMMER getting bailed out by some moron committee and ESPN tom bout how the same exact opponent is part of another rigorous schedule for a SEC team but is a total cupcake LOSER for anybody else

Brick

Interest has been waning for a while and really plummeted when Leach went full retard a couple of months ago
giphy.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My interest hasn't been this high in years, NORMA is in full destruction mode now. She found like 12 rabbits tonight and almost caught another one!

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Backlash from who though? The media? If they don't fire him, they don't give a shit about the media. I suppose recruiting could take a hit, but it's still OSU. I.e., the only major school in a fertile recruiting state with a ton of cache.

Got to thinking about my position, and I'm even more convinced that the optics of the situation will be too much to overcome.

There's a reason why neither Schiano or Kevin Wilson, two guys on the staff with HC experience, were not named as the interim. It's because of the optics that would bring. anOSU recognizes that, and it's why I still believe that keeping him on will be the worst possible thing for anOSU.

As an aside, my trog side is really, really trying to come to the surface and refer to them as the Ohio State Blackeyes, but I don't want to stoop to the level of morons that use the Ped State label and minimize the crime committed.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Got to thinking about my position, and I'm even more convinced that the optics of the situation will be too much to overcome.

There's a reason why neither Schiano or Kevin Wilson, two guys on the staff with HC experience, were not named as the interim. It's because of the optics that would bring. anOSU recognizes that, and it's why I still believe that keeping him on will be the worst possible thing for anOSU.

As an aside, my trog side is really, really trying to come to the surface and refer to them as the Ohio State Blackeyes, but I don't want to stoop to the level of morons that use the Ped State label and minimize the crime committed.

-YTC

Sort of sounds like wishful thinking, although I get what you're saying.

It is an interesting side note that Urban's staff includes/included a wife beater, a guy who is an asshole and may have overlooked child molestation in Schiano, and a guy who was fired for abusing his players in Wilson. To be fair, with both Schiano and Wilson, that stuff is more allegation-ish than the stuff with Zach Smith. But there's a pattern with those 3...

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Sort of sounds like wishful thinking, although I get what you're saying.

It is an interesting side note that Urban's staff includes/included a wife beater, a guy who is an asshole and may have overlooked child molestation in Schiano, and a guy who was fired for abusing his players in Wilson. To be fair, with both Schiano and Wilson, that stuff is more allegation-ish than the stuff with Zach Smith. But there's a pattern with those 3...

And that pattern gets explored even more with Meyer retained. Along with an incredible microscope that gets placed on Urban and anything tangentially related to him. Any tiny infraction, impropriety or misconduct by a player/coach will drag all of this back up again.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well our President is literal human scum, sucks at his jerb and 88% of Republicans approve of him.

Urban is prolly literal human scum, is great at his jerb, so I'm guessing his approval rate among tOSU fans is somewhere north of Trump's among Republicans. People just don't care anymore if it is their team.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Yeah, I don't mean that anOSU fans will care. They'll only care about winning. Every fan base is that way.

The question is how much will the institution put up with the constant scrutiny and hundreds of journalists trying to be the next Brett McMurphy.

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
I think y'all going to be disappoint.

For the record I think he should be let go, but I'm also not going to turn in my season tickets if he's retained.

Brick

They're not gonna fire Meyer. His buds at ESPN are gonna revitalize his image. Tom Rinaldi was on a plane 30 seconds after MURPHY made the FECESBOOK post.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Never heard of Jeff snook before just now. Apparently he is a noted buckeye fan. Had written 4 books about the buckeyes . Will be interested to see if this is refuted.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't know guys, do you believe McMurphy's receipts and Zach Smith's interview or this article from her estranged mother and her mother-in-law? Tough call.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Read those quotes again:

From her mom:
When asked if she believed her daughter’s claims of physical abuse, she replied, “I believe that Zach was removing himself from an argument and I do not believe he intentionally abused her. I do not believe he actually intentionally swung or punched her … no.”
As far as ever hearing her daughter say she would “take Zach down,” she replied, “Yes.”
And when Meyer’s name was mentioned, she added, “I cannot quote her exact words as I don’t remember them word for word, but something to that extent. This is my daughter and I love her but I do not approve of what she has done and how it was done.”

Woman abused by her husband wants to "take down" the shitbag? No wai!

From his mom:
“She told me that not one time, but in fact she said it several times over the years,” Bruce said.
She was driven by revenge when she found out her husband had cheated on her, Bruce said.
“When she found out five years ago that Zach had cheated on her, she was so angry that she vowed to me she would get back at him someday. And she said she would take Urban down, too,” she said. “And this is exactly what she did. She wanted to do as much damage as possible.
“She has been planning this for some time.

Hey, you've been cheating on me! I'm gonna get back at you...and your employer too! Mwahahahahaha!

That's what's gonna save his jerb?

-YTC

Skeeter

Uber felon
I know you don't want me to post any opposing stories because it hurts your narrative.

This is starting to feel more Duke lacrosse than Michigan / Vanderbilt rape cover ups.

I'm really interested in the powell police department reports. If they show seriel abuse urbs has to go. If they don't which is starting to sound more and more the case, urbs should be reinstated.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Again, what about either of those quotes is damning? Of course she wanted revenge on the shitbag who was hitting her. Who tells the shitbag's mom that I'm going after his employer (if you are to believe the shitbag's mom...who is defending her son)?

Like, the mental gymnastics you have to go through to think that either of those quotes exonerates the shitbag is astounding.

-YTC