• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

gilstein21

asked my dad what happens when it happens at homestead? His reply, "oh shit I wouldn't want to see that, there would be fans jumping the fences."

Iron

Auto Club 2014 aka Brickyard 2008 was on today. Think half the field blew a tire.

Jimmie Johnson blows a tire leading with 7 to go, Gordon takes over the lead, Bowyer spins from 2nd or 3rd place coming to the white, Gordon loses spots on pit road and ensuing GWC and Kyle Busch wins.

Kyle Larson was second.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Amazing what happens you have a track that chews up tires even the rolling bricks that Goodyear rolls out every week.

gilstein21

he had a heck of a run to pass Harvick for the lead. Nice to see the veterans happy for him. I think he's going to be the real deal as he continues to gain experience

goblue96

Come November and if it's raining in Texas, fans at the F1 will still see a race....fans at the NASCAR race will see the Air Titan.

gilstein21

be great if that happens. Gossage may loose his eggs. Nascar has successfully screwed up some cars before the green flag with their jet dryers. I don't understand this start under caution bull shit. Run the jet dryers to heat the track up, then set the cars loose. You already have 2 competition cautions.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Chase Elliott restarts 6th on GWC and passes Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson and Elliott Sadler to win at Darlington. Kid is a superstud. Someone at Hendrick is going to have to make room for this kid. I'm looking at you, Kasey.

Last edited:

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Almost forgot, he still hasn't graduated high school yet, and he leads the Nationwide points standings.

Also, hopefully Dale Jr. learned his lesson from Keselowski and finds a way to hang onto Elliott. They didn't have a Cup ride ready for Brad, so he left for Penske. They'd better get something together for next season, otherwise Elliott will be driving for Roush or Petty.

Last edited:

gilstein21

I had read somewhere that the plan was for him to take over for Gordon when he retires, but Gordon may not be retiring soon enough. Those moves last night to win were great.

goblue96

Chase Elliott restarts 6th on GWC and passes Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson and Elliott Sadler to win at Darlington. Kid is a superstud. Someone at Hendrick is going to have to make room for this kid. I'm looking at you, Kasey.

Looks like he had those Harry Hogg tires that were matched perfect and staggered special.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Sounds like Gordon's not quite ready to hang 'em up:

"It's funny how life serves these things up," Gordon said. "You go through a time where you go through a frustrating year, or I had some back and health issues. And I said, 'You know, I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to do this at this level or if I event want to.'

"Then you all of the sudden have this amazing year, and you go, 'God, I love racing. Racing's amazing. I can't wait to do it for another 10 years.' "

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...eff-gordon-larry-king-daughter-will-race.html

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Dale Jr. mentioned on Twitter that Elliott has "plenty of time" when someone asked him about a Cup ride next year. Better be careful that some other operation doesn't offer him a Cup ride between now and the end of the year.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Montoya nearly plows into the whole thing there at 2:42 on that video, but he manages to jump on the brakes and miss everything.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Jeff shoulda turned Kenseth in turn 2 when he held up the entire top 3. When they pit a premium on winning, you gotta win. Turn his ass.

goblue96

This guy sums up my view on the tire situation perfectly:

Getting back to the racing of the 1990s, the tires will not last a full fuel run if they are abused. Some people screamed that the tires were “catching on fire” or suddenly failing. But really, for some teams, the setup of their cars was putting more stress on the shoulder of the tire and that stress was wearing the tires out, causing them to fail. If the tire was bad, everyone would have had failures.

Iron

Decent pack racing today at Dega. The everyday usual suspects of Justin Allgaier, Josh Wise and Michael McDowell led a third line to the lead with like 10-15 to go.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Doge car is the greatest thing I've ever seen

yh8nlmjxkx0mfzchphn0.gif

gilstein21

the doge on the back is a really nice touch. Would have been better with some quotes though.

"so close" "Wow" "such draft" "much loose"

gilstein21

well that takes care of the fast food cars. Gilliland took a hell of a hit. We should get a free meal somewhere tomorrow

Iron

Gordon finally breaks through in 2014 at Kansas. And to believe how bad the 24 team had been starting seasons in 2012/2013