• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator
see he hasn't won in forever so he's sorta been forgotten about. Would be something if he finally broke through with the #3 back on the track.

Bdub

Not a big fan of Earnhardt senior. His driving skills can't be denied but other that he was a worthless human being. The hero worshiping is annoying as hell.

Bdub

Why do people worship him like they do? I mean its debatable that he is the GOAT.

Iron

Looks like Wikipedia lists him as the winner in 2004.

That was a crappy 500 racing wise. Huge crash early in the race took out most of the field and then green flag final 150 laps or so. Green flag pit stops split up the entire field and I think it was a three car lead pack at the end. Don't remember but I think Jr's winning pass was the race off pit road. Can't believe that was 10yrs ago.

gilstein21

knock out qualifying is a shit show so far. Drivers riding around at 30 mph because NASCAR won't let them cool the engines any other way.

Bdub

The car sucks just as much as she does.

What a boring race and thats saying something for a nascar race.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Still haven't watched one nascar event so far this year. Let's see how long that continues.

gilstein21

he ran a good race though. since he's in the chase, why not risk it? Brad did a good job of putting enough pressure on him to use it up too.

Bdub

These new F1 cars are fun to watch. Way less down force and more torque make for a lot of sliding around on the track.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I wish NASCAR would figure that shit out. Less downforce = better racing. Yes, the cars go faster in a straight line, but you have to really get on the brakes for the corners. Driving around an oval WOT is asinine. If you want to slow 'em down, make them use stock engines or give them V6s. I've never seen a V8 in a Fusion or Camry anyway, and the Chevy SS is such low production, nobody will ever see one.

gilstein21

I wish NASCAR would figure that shit out. Less downforce = better racing. Yes, the cars go faster in a straight line, but you have to really get on the brakes for the corners. Driving around an oval WOT is asinine. If you want to slow 'em down, make them use stock engines or give them V6s. I've never seen a V8 in a Fusion or Camry anyway, and the Chevy SS is such low production, nobody will ever see one.

exactly. Slow them down, and make the handling tougher. The best drivers will be able to adapt and the racing will be better.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Slow 'em down and the "aero push" also goes away because the cars are punching a small hole in the air.

Bdub

Also I haven't see the new knockout qualifying in nascar, but if its half as exciting as F1 qualifying then its probably better than the race.

gilstein21

the first week was kind of meh with the cool down laps. Las Vegas was a little better with 3 rounds, but I only caught rounds 2 and 3. I missed this week's though.

Iron

Actual FOX screenshot from today's Rain City 500 rain delay coverage at Bristol:
Bi4G8i7CMAErcwL.jpg

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Daniel Ricciardio disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix. He was the first Aussie to get onto the podium at his home race. Was.

Bdub

Daniel Ricciardio disqualified from the Australian Grand Prix. He was the first Aussie to get onto the podium at his home race. Was.
Really dumb ass thing for Red Bull to do. I'm not sure what they were thinking

Iron

For those of you who didn't watch last night's spring Bristol night race:

Caution lights malfunctioned in final five laps (I remember this happening at Las Vegas like three times during the race a couple years ago), so NASCAR threw a full course caution, and then it just started pouring rain a lap or two under yellow and the race ended under caution without a GWC at its scheduled distance.

Iron

Also the race was on Fox Sports 1, so I'm going to assume the ratings are going to be pretty bad for what was a good race.