• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MLB Thread

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
It always does when it's free at the start of the season. Wait until the poors and cheap assholes like me drop off.

It's ok, worth listening to the radio broadcast if only for these hilarious commercials to remind people that insurance fraud is bad.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is worth it especially if you love Hawk doing dumb things as I do

Soonerfan09

Back in the day guys in grocery stores would use a long stick to drop stuff from the top shelf and catch it instead of using a ladder/stool. That's where the phrase came from.
I never knew that, but it makes sense. I was just going off my many years of baseball vidya and watching the Braves on TBS growing up.

mongoose

ESPNs adds can be skipped.

Back in the day guys in grocery stores would use a long stick to drop stuff from the top shelf and catch it instead of using a ladder/stool. That's where the phrase came from.

200_s.gif

CJ_24

I never knew that, but it makes sense. I was just going off my many years of baseball vidya and watching the Braves on TBS growing up.

The can of corn origin story is an anecdote made by one of the commentators in one of the old vidya games. I can't remember if it was in one of the mvp baseball games, or even earlier in mlb 2000 or something.

Soonerfan09

The can of corn origin story is an anecdote made by one of the commentators in one of the old vidya games. I can't remember if it was in one of the mvp baseball games, or even earlier in mlb 2000 or something.
I probably played it and I also probably forgot it. Honestly, what gator said seems like deja vu, but I can't be for sure.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
James McCann just threw Ellsbury out by 3 feet trying to steal. Dude has a cannon.

Hike

güero
Don't remember who the play by play voice was but it was the game with Buck Martinez as the color commentator. When there was a long home run he would shout "oh Buck, he crushed it!" Which I always thought sounded like "oh fuck, he crushed it!" Made the game more fun if I thought they were swearing. Had to be around 99. Giants were still in candlestick in that game.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Don't remember who the play by play voice was but it was the game with Buck Martinez as the color commentator. When there was a long home run he would shout "oh Buck, he crushed it!" Which I always thought sounded like "oh fuck, he crushed it!" Made the game more fun if I thought they were swearing. Had to be around 99. Giants were still in candlestick in that game.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I thought I heard opposing players/corches yell "BALK" a lot growing up after I made a pickoff throw. This guy probably heard it about 1000000000000 times more :laughing:

As a righty, I used to get that in college with my balk move. Buckle the left knee hard before the normal quick foot move to first once a game or so. I could usually use it once before the dugout/corches flipped out and the umpire was looking for it. I did pretty well for a righty.

All you lefties balk constantly doe. The best lefties got good with head fakes and set up runners that way.

ZackMills

Have mercy
As a righty, I used to get that in college with my balk move. Buckle the left knee hard before the normal quick foot move to first once a game or so. I could usually use it once before the dugout/corches flipped out and the umpire was looking for it. I did pretty well for a righty.

All you lefties balk constantly doe. The best lefties got good with head fakes and set up runners that way.

Definitely. I balked by definition at least 50% of the time, probably more if I was actually trying to pick off the runner. The funny part is the 1B corch always had a better view than the base ump. :laughing: