• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2018 FIFA World Cup

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
35r3iLR.png

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That was awesome

For people saying it’s boring - we had two winners in extra time today.

I guess people forget over four years but the World Cup is unbelievably defensive. We likely won’t see five goals scored in a game again, let alone five by one team.

tenor.gif

It's also much harder for a coach to put together an entertaining attacking side in the like 6 weeks national team coaches have with their team during the year. Much easier to set them up defensively solid and play on the counter. Plus, the big thing at club level right now is pressing, which is similarly difficult to put together at international level. The World Cup also tends to be hotter, players are tired because it's the end of the year, etc., etc. The group stage in 2014 was a huge anomaly in how World Cups normally play out. Nobody should be surprised that games are defensive and boring compared to club level.

giphy.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Every game having a last minute goal can carry this world cup by itself, bonus points when the actual good teams play each other and this happens

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He scored all thur goals? lol.

Told y'all I was rooting for Portugal and my man Ronaldo. He's my Lebron of soccer.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
https://news.clickhole.com/when-cristiano-ronaldo-heard-these-kids-were-playing-so-1825121710

Cristiano Ronaldo may very well be the world’s favorite footballer. He’s won the FIFA Ballon d’Or award multiple times, and he’s scored over 500 goals in his career, including a record 345 goals for Real Madrid. On top of all that, he’s also surely one of the nicest guys around, because when Ronaldo found out that a group of Sudanese kids were playing soccer with balled-up garbage, he surprised them by shipping them his own trash!

Yes. Just yes!

When one of his fans tweeted him a photo of young children playing soccer with old rags tied around discarded plastic, the international star immediately leapt into action, going straight to his garbage and mailing its contents to them. Without missing a beat, Ronaldo tracked down every kid who played in the makeshift game, and within days, a week’s worth of his trash had landed in Sudan. It was a small gesture, but Ronaldo gave these former dumpster-divers enough of his food scraps and used tissues to last forever!

Yup. He could have just sat there and done nothing, but instead, this superstar made sure his trash made it to those who needed it most. And his generosity didn’t stop there—he was so touched by the experience that he still keeps up with the kids to this day, sending them garbage once a week!

Sure, the kids might have had next to nothing before, but now, because of Ronaldo, they’ve got much more garbage than they know what to do with. So thanks, Ronaldo—you’re a true hero, both on and off the field!

Brick

Was not able to watch. Will someone give me the shitty [Error: User has been triggered by Twitter and this bitchy post has been removed for the rest of our sanity.] meme summary?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wooly

Argentina is the most overrated team at this tournament. When have they actually played well at a tournament? Even in 2014, they scored 1 goal in regulation in the knockout stages. They have a ton of attacking talent, but they can't make that work. I wouldn't be shocked if they don't make it out of the group stage.

The most talented team at the tournament is probably France, but they have never really found a formula that works under Deschamps.

Brazil still feels like they are getting back up to their usual talent levels. I still feel like they're less talented than teams like Spain, Germany, or France.

Portugal is shitty. Who knows if Spain show up to this tournament, and they could have problems transitioning to a team past their golden teams.

England is probably the least talented they've been in 30 years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the tournament. But I don't expect it to be all that amazing to watch.
I don't follow this a lot, but I thought England was supppsed to have a better team now? I had heard they are more athletic now, and they were hanging on to older stars the last two world cups more than they should have been. Something like that.

Didn't they look good in their qualifiers against good competition? I will listen off the air for the soccer people to argue this out.

bruin

Was not able to watch. Will someone give me the shitty [Error: User has been triggered by Twitter and this bitchy post has been removed for the rest of our sanity.] meme summary?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lol. Brick is washed.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
France Francing at the moment. Turrible game.

Re - last night's game, I've got a new found respect for Portugal, as I reckon without them going for the jugular in the first 15 minutes, Spain was happy to sit back and work the boring game for a draw or narrow win.