• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2018 FIFA World Cup

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
or because the host nation has advanced in every single WC except 2010?

Home field advantage + being the 1 seed goes a long way.

Getting out of this group does not mean that Russia is all that good. If they do get out of the group, my HOT TAKE that they're one of the worst 2 teams at the tournament will clearly be wrong. But it's not like it's a group of death or anything.

NML

They are only ranked so low because they haven’t been playing competitive games. You get like a third of the ranking points for friendlies

The whole player thing is my main point - you don’t know any of these players. You only know Golovin because he’s been linked to a ton of big clubs.

My reasoning is that Russia has consistently been a top 30 team in the world since they’ve existed. What reasoning do you have to put the following teams above them?

Saudi Arabia, Iran, Morocco, Serbia, Sweden, Panama, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Egypt, basically every team out of Asia

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
My reasoning is that Russia has consistently been a top 30 team in the world since they’ve existed. What reasoning do you have to put the following teams above them?

Saudi Arabia, Iran, Morocco, Serbia, Sweden, Panama, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Egypt, basically every team out of Asia

Do you have trouble reading? I literally just gave you my reasons. Good lord.

Russia is better than Sweden or Serbia?

giphy.gif

NML

You said Russia got one point in 2016 - so did Sweden. Serbia got fifth in their qualifying group

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
They've been a top 30 team in the world for their entire history! Are they going to bring the 2008 version of Arshavin back or something?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
You said Russia got one point in 2016 - so did Sweden. Serbia got fifth in their qualifying group

And Russia have gotten worse since then. Meanwhile, Sweden beat France in qualifying in a game that mattered and finished ahead of the Netherlands. And then they beat Italy over 2 legs (a mess of an Italian team, sure, but still a talented tone). Serbia finished ahead 3 Euro 2016 qualifiers in their qualifying group, including a semi-finalist.

NML

And Russia have gotten worse since then. Meanwhile, Sweden beat France in qualifying in a game that mattered and finished ahead of the Netherlands. And then they beat Italy over 2 legs (a mess of an Italian team, sure, but still a talented tone). Serbia finished ahead 3 Euro 2016 qualifiers in their qualifying group, including a semi-finalist.

Just glad you are admit you looked at the Russia FIFA rankings and came in with that HOT TAKE

Worst team in the tournament has basically already qualified for the second round

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I would have picked Russia to go through if I hadn't read or heard anything about them. FIFA rankings are dumb, yes. But when the last host is still a top 10 ranked team despite that friendly problem and Russia is 70th, there's something there.

I do note that you're entire argument boils down to mischaracterizing what I said. Taking your cues from your dear leader, I see. :thumbsup:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
To be fair, this exact script played out at the 2012 Euros. Young Russian (Dzagoev) makes his international tournament debut, has a great game, Russia wins by multiple goals. Then they lose to a defensive minded team (Greece) and whimper out. Could happen again. Given the GD they won by, a draw and a Uruguay win over Egypt should be enough.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Добрый вечер, товарищи. Я был тем, кто направил это нападение на угрозу Саудовской Аравии. Тебе нечего бояться. Наслаждайтесь вечером.
Ура! Ура! Ура!

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's not Jerk Off but I'm assuming you were listening to John Strong pronounce it and he sucks so he probably fucked it up like a mong

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can't get over how terrible Saudi Arabia was. This team QUALIFIED for the World Cup! They look like a USL team would take them to the cleaners.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The one bad news for me about this game is my Australia to place 2nd prediction is looking awful now, since Australia finished behind them in the qualifiers group!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Russia were taller and stronger, but Saudi Arabia were faster. Which is more important to building the best atholete team?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Mentally, yes. But that doesn't matter in the Atholete debate. Coordination I suppose does, and they had none, but I'm not sure if it's because they took too long to decide how they wanted to defend and ended up picking defensive move #0 5 times!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
On the second goal, that GOBLIN GUIDE dude won a foot race in which the Saudi guy legit had a 30 yard head start :laughing:

m-751-066-1nm_2.jpg

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Cheryshev and Golovin are the two fully well rounded players, the rest of Russia lumbers a bit or are full on tank (Smolov, Dzyuba)

There's at least 3 Russian players with last names spelt similar to 'Goblin', and they were wearing Red Jerseys (red is the fastest deck type for those unawares), so the 'Russia is actually fast' theory could have some legs to it. Will have to do some more research of the Wizard card pool to confirm.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I mean Goblin might not even be all that fast compared to real players, but he does have haste. I'm just taking umbrage with ur assertion that Saudi Arabia was "faster" when it's clear that the Saudi Arabian defender in question has Last strike.

Image.ashx

For those unaware, Haste > Last Strike

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'll concede, since your Indrik Umbrage gives first strike which is too much for Extremely Slow Zombie to handle.

Image.ashx