• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2018 FIFA World Cup

DanishDonut0

I have a hunch that group will go awry. It could be a French collapse, but I think it's more likely France grabs 9 points and Australia pulls off the magic they weren't able to finish in Brazil. Australia looked decent last year in the Confed Cup, and while its arguable that Peru is better than 2017 Chile (without Guerrero I dont think so), they've at the very least shown they can do okay.

That group reminds me a lot of 2010's Group D. Completely different Aussie side now, but if they can grab 4 points they have a good chance

EDIT: They also have van Marwijk now, who could be hit or miss. If the 2010 Netherlands version of his corching comes out, then magic could happen.

smh

Is this really the best Ingerland has? Holy shit

:vomit:

Can't believe they didn't take Shelvey, obvious wild card but could've been an important spark.

Panama is god awful to watch. They’ll run a five man back line and start time wasting at kickoff. Next you’ll will recommend watching Greece.

I prefer small countries with one or two really good players. Those are who can make a run (like Costa Rica in 14 with Campbell). Egypt with Salah is the obvious choice. Poland with Lewandowski and Glik. Denmark (@DanishDonut0 )

Poland will son i am dissappoint. Eriksen will carry Denmark

Ok, I'm back. Every 4 years I try to become a fan. Not sure who to root for since my Netherlands didn't make it this year. I'm thinking Belgium or Portugal

Denmark babby

DanishDonut0

Always that chance but France for some reason is their bitch (my dueling nationalities). But Eriksen's form should be enough to take them through a weak group, did cool down at the end of the season though. Don't sleep on Delaney too. Could mark him as a potential loss that the USMNT missed out on, but would've been a long shot. Their shit lineup almost beat/should've tied Poland in the beginning of the cycle and once the roster was revamped they crushed them 4-0. It's pretty ugly football outside of Eriksen, I wanted to rip my eyes out when I was at the first leg against Ireland, pretty close to US style in that way for you neutrals. I guess Aussie would be the same if you want even it more disgusting. I mean they should've lost the playoff to SYRIA of all teams

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Oh ffs @Yankee151 ... Putting Tunisia over England to qualify. You utter twat.

I know England are normally a flame out, but this new expanded format is not so difficult as it used to be and England are normally good against modest competition. This would be a new low. Maybe you have a point....

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Monreal in the Spain squad :thinking: Good callup though, obviously some good players missing but I think this is a solid group

Goalkeepers: David de Gea (Manchester United), Kepa Arrizabalaga (Athletic Bilbao), Pepe Reina (SSC Napoli).
Defenders: Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Álvaro Odriozola (Real Sociedad), Gerard Piqué (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Nacho (Real Madrid), César Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Nacho Monreal (Arsenal).
Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Saúl Ñíguez (Atlético Madrid), Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona), Thiago Alcántara (Bayern München), Koke (Atlético Madrid), Isco (Real Madrid).
Forwards: David Silva (Manchester City), Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Lucas Vázquez (Real Madrid), Diego Costa (Atlético Madrid), Rodrigo (Valencia), Iago Aspas (Celta Vigo).

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
England will get two boring ass 1-0s in their first two games, the media and fans will complain about it, they'll change to a 4-4-2 or something, get blasted by Belgium and then lose to Colombia in the round of 16.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
With no USA and no Netherlands, I have to turn to my third choice for disappointment: The Socceroos of Australia
I'm in same boat with USA and the Netherlands, I have no obvious team to root for.

I guess I'll go for Croatia. Modric-Rakitic midfield is fun to watch. But that group they're in is insane.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
This team really looks good, feeling more confident about my Senegal upsetting Belgium call

Goalkeepers (3): Abdoulaye Diallo (Rennes / FRA), Khadim Ndiaye (Horoya / GUI), Alfred Gomis (Spal / ITA)
Defenders (7): Kalidou Koulibaly (Naples / ITA), Lamine Gassama (Alanyaspor / TUR), Kara Mbodj (Anderlecht / BEL), Moussa Wagué (Eupen / BEL), Youssouf Sabaly (Bordeaux / FRA), Saliou Ciss (Valenciennes / FRA), Salif Sané (Hanover / ALL)
Midfielders (5): Pope Alioune Ndiaye (Stoke / ENG), Idrissa Gana Gueye (Everton / ENG), Cheikhou Kouyate (West Ham / ENG), Sheikh Ndoye (Birmingham / ENG), Alfred Ndiaye (Wolverhampton / ANG)
Attackers (8): Sadio Mané (Liverpool / ENG), Keita Baldé Diao (Monaco / FRA), Diafra Sakho (Rennes / FRA), Moussa Konate (Amiens / FRA), Ismaila Sarr (Rennes / FRA), Mbaye Niang (Torino / ITA), Moussa Sow (Bursaspor / TUR), Mame Biram Diouf (Stoke / ENG)

worst2first

I hope Russia and Serbia do well (supporting my Orthodox brothers!). I've liked Belgium since I visited there back in my college days and of course I have to support Iceland since they're the smallest nation to qualify.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Y'all wrong about where Ingerland will be lacking. Watch us completely dominate the group and go out in the knockouts on either one or more goalkeeping blunders.

Southgate is the best corch we've had since I can remember, there are World class players in all three areas on the pitch, and if we don't try to defend to much, we should look good. BUT GOALKEEPER....

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Who's the world class defender? Kyle Walker is really good, but if he's played as one of the back 3, he's out of position and won't be as effective.

Cahill. And Alli is a world class midfielder @NML . Up for debate obviously but these two would get in nearly any first team, as would Walker and Kane.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Gary Cahill? World class?

giphy.gif

Brick

ya but is he a SUPERSTAR

i always get a kick out of adults using the term "SUPERSTAR". dumb soccer language gets a pass with "WORLD CLASS" being the term.

DanishDonut0

US fans in here must be pretty smug acting like they wouldn’t take Cahill over any US defender in recent history, maybe even ever

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I know Cahill isn't really world class, but he's been very solid recently. I have no problem with England's back line if they're not forced to do all the work (or see below).

As I said before, we'll have keeper troubles. They will come mainly in the form of distribution problems, because at international level, you have to be a reasonable if not good ball player, and we don't have one at keeper (have we ever had one?). The rest of the world seems to have less of a problem than the Igerlish with this, and it's becoming more and more important. It will also make our defence look shitter than it is, and will be the main reason why at times we will look like we're trying to play middle of the table Premier League football.

Southgate has also announced that he wants to play the ball from the back, which is a cue for disaster. We'll really fuck things up when we try to play the ball around at the back or a team tries to press us up to the goalkeeper.

See diagram :

skysports-distribution-graphic_4312518.jpg

skysports-distribution-graphic_4312519.jpg

What's surprising though in these graphs is to see de Gea languishing with the Ingerlish, however I will put this down to the fact that he has to contend with Mourinho's awful tactics every week and would put up far better stats if he was playing at a club that asked something more of him.

Last edited:

NML

De Gea is also probably the best shot stopper in the world so he doesn’t have to be as good with his feet

NML

US fans in here must be pretty smug acting like they wouldn’t take Cahill over any US defender in recent history, maybe even ever

I’m not sure Cahill is better than Brooks. He’s gotta be like 35, feels like he’s been around forever