• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I love the desire to put water features in what was historically a fucking malarial swamp. WOOF. Thank the lawd the updated the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting pool to add some tidal circulation before I visited. If I had to look at some fucking stagnant muck pond defacing the nation's capitol, this hydraulic engineer would have lost his damn mind. Speaking of which, that "pond" by the Vietnam Memorial is some real fuckshit doe, completely covered in algae and dirty diapers. Even the ducks were grossed out.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Denver had a running game last year? I drafted Anderson and dropped him about 5 weeks into the season once it was painfully obvious Denver couldnt run worth a damn. Did they come to life later in the season on the ground or something?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Anderson ran the ball pretty well when @Brick was the starter and was a bootleg threat. Catering to Manning made them very predictable because when they went under center they were running the ball 95% of the time. That being said, I didn't watch any of their games with Manning starting.

R2D2

Anderson ran the ball pretty well when @Brick was the starter and was a bootleg threat. Catering to Manning made them very predictable because when they went under center they were running the ball 95% of the time. That being said, I didn't watch any of their games with Manning starting.

How many games will you watch when Sanchize/Rookie is the starter?

Lightningwar

Administrator

I went back and looked and dropped Anderson after the Raiders game. He did get better after that. Just remember watching those first few weeks thinking how horrible Denver was at running the ball.

CJ_24

I love the desire to put water features in what was historically a fucking malarial swamp. WOOF. Thank the lawd the updated the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting pool to add some tidal circulation before I visited. If I had to look at some fucking stagnant muck pond defacing the nation's capitol, this hydraulic engineer would have lost his damn mind. Speaking of which, that "pond" by the Vietnam Memorial is some real fuckshit doe, completely covered in algae and dirty diapers. Even the ducks were grossed out.

That's no way to talk about Congress.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I think I would actually pay the price of an NFL ticket to see your typical Redskin fan trying to rappel. That or watch them drunkenly drown in that moat

@kella

What exacdtly makes you think this guy isn't an advocate for water safety?

p1_redskins11.jpg

dirt

Trolltalitarian
the architect who designed it was on 60 minutes last night. You would probably dig some of the shit he's pulled off. I agree a moat sounds questionable but this cat put a ski slope on an energy plant among other things. I have a pretty overt fascination for visionaries like him

http://www.dezeen.com/2014/07/12/mo...ngels-big-amager-bakke-power-plant-ski-slope/

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Bj Raji taking a hiatus from football. Yeah ok sure. He's done. One off season and he will be over 4 bills.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Where is the snow gonna come from?

"We have snow in Denmark but we have absolutely no topography," he explains. "Some people might have noticed that Denmark got zero medals in Sochi. We hope to contribute to improving that situation by actually giving the Danes a home slope where they can practice."

click the link dude, this things is so incredible. Smug dog Trav just jelly he didn't think of it

http://www.dezeen.com/2014/07/12/mo...ngels-big-amager-bakke-power-plant-ski-slope/

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
click the link dude, this things is so incredible. Smug dog Trav just jelly he didn't think of it

Dude, Copenhagen very rarely gets snow, lol, that was the point. Would you build a ski hill in Portland? How about San Francisco? That's like how much snow Copenhagen gets.

This type of IMAGINATION LAND shit drives me nuts. Erryone wants to put a fucking white water kayak park in every town regardless of whether the river's flow regime is well suited to that. It is infuriating. Now I have to go explain to people why they can't have a kayak park. I mean everyone wants a fucking kayak park, kayak parks are cool. If you want a year round kayak park, you need a dam to regulate flows. But you don't want a dam.

Now you want a bike trail along the river, but it can't ever flood.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm not going to argue about this because you can easily find out that it doesn't snow there very often. That's why it is such a bike friendly idea.

Ur boy is a just a crack pot IDEA MAN who just makes shit up that sounds cool and isn't remotely realistic.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
I feel like I would probably run half you on the card table while you try to read Trav

dirt

Trolltalitarian
I'm not going to argue about this because you can easily find out that it doesn't snow there very often. That's why it is such a bike friendly idea.

Ur boy is a just a crack pot IDEA MAN who just makes shit up that sounds cool and isn't remotely realistic.
the best part about this argument is that the thing is happening so we can watch. Doesn't seem hard at all for me to imagine he has the snow part figured out. Somehow Tahoe manages to pack snow on the ground when there isn't a snow storm in sight for weeks... hmmmmmm.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Where there is a mong will there is a way, I suppose, that doesn't make it a smart idea. Have fun skiing down the side of a powerplant, lol. Have fun kayaking in the shithole malaria moat.

dirt

Trolltalitarian

this sounds like a nice rendition of your alter ego but in reality you can't prove he's not a visionary with a social conscience.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
These people wish it was 1900. They're the type who loved it when everyone walked everywhere and were fucking poor as shit and brushed their teeth with dirty river water.

DanishDonut0

he's Danish, I bet he knows if it gets snow
So am I...

the best part about this argument is that the thing is happening so we can watch. Doesn't seem hard at all for me to imagine he has the snow part figured out. Somehow Tahoe manages to pack snow on the ground when there isn't a snow storm in sight for weeks... hmmmmmm.

Look I think it's a pretty cool idea and I think the most important part of the building is that it is highly efficient, and of course has it's modern/Scandinavian design and extra features. This is just an extra thing that could be really cool but I don't understand how it's going to work out. There is only one ski lift in Denmark and I think the biggest "hill" is like 180 m, so this would probably be the biggest slope in Denmark - cool.

But comparing it to Tahoe? An elevation difference of roughly 1900 m? Tahoe's weather is much colder and drastic. Please tell me how they are going to fill it with snow while it is raining all day?

lawd dirt

dirt

Trolltalitarian
So am I...

Look I think it's a pretty cool idea and I think the most important part of the building is that it is highly efficient, and of course has it's modern/Scandinavian design and extra features. This is just an extra thing that could be really cool but I don't understand how it's going to work out. There is only one ski lift in Denmark and I think the biggest "hill" is like 180 m, so this would probably be the biggest slope in Denmark - cool.

But comparing it to Tahoe? An elevation difference of roughly 1900 m? Tahoe's weather is much colder and drastic. Please tell me how they are going to fill it with snow while it is raining all day?

lawd dirt
who gives a shit... tahoe went two years straight with no snow. The point isn't to have it be the swiss alps

DanishDonut0

who gives a shit... tahoe went two years straight with no snow. The point isn't to have it be the swiss alps

So Oakland should build the same thing then right? Maybe alongside Lake Merritt?

Edit:eek:oooo nevermind maybe on top of the new Warrior's stadium in SF

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
These people wish it was 1900. They're the type who loved it when everyone walked everywhere and were fucking poor as shit and brushed their teeth with dirty river water.

Isn't Virginia still like this?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'll have you know the Potomac water I brush my teeth with is at least supposedly filtered.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
I didn't figure you would mean literally a ski slope on Oakland because it's rarely colder than 59 degrees here. But we have an avant garde catholic cathedral on the lake and I could envision a modern reconstruction of the civic center downtown. Did you go to the GSW parade? A modern upgrade to that setting could really be feasible with the burgeoning of down town. You probably don't live close enough to down town to really feel what I mean, but it's totally happening here. yes, I could see some sort of infrastructure popping up around the lake in the next 20 years. easily