• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

evil1

Is it just me or has the start of this NBA season been a little bit more intense than usual?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Nikola Jokic with one of the greatest individual performances in NBA history last night, ICYMI.

-YTC

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Hashtag danknuggz

693492d65e6005c6e5d3180b4da4ad47.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
No worse NBA fan than the guy sitting 12 rows back screaming at players and coaches.

Soonerfan09

https://es.pn/2SaJn4S

"Everyone wants to believe Chris Paul is a good guy. They don't know he's a horrible teammate. They don't know how he treats people. Look at what he did last year when he was in L.A.; trying to get to the Clippers' locker room. They don't want to believe he's capable of taunting and igniting an incident.

I will forever think of Carolinalax anytime something like this is said about Chris Paul.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda

doing work for my fantasy team lol.

Scores this year are unreal. No one is playing defense.

Can we Tom bout how the Nuggets are the second-rated team in defensive efficiency? Small sample size but there’s a tiny bit of backing to it in the advanced statistics department.

Reactions: Wuf

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
doing work for my fantasy team lol.

Scores this year are unreal. No one is playing defense.

Can we Tom bout how the Nuggets are the second-rated team in defensive efficiency? Small sample size but there’s a tiny bit of backing to it in the advanced statistics department.
i dont buy the no one is playing defense either

i think the new emphasis on holding guys away from the ball has helped along with a shorter shot clock on offensive rebounding

I saw some stat that said something like the pelicans only shot 25FTA 8 times last year. They were close to 25 attempts by the end of the 3rd iirc.

NML

It’s not so much that no one is playing defense, but pace has shot through the roof. It’ll come down over the next couple weeks, but it’s even higher than last year’s first ten days.

Also free throw attempts are way up. Which sort of plays to “you can’t play defense anymore” line, which I think is closer to people not playing defense.

Nuggets have played three games at altitude, and three games against teams that aren’t that good. I’m surprised the Barton injury hasn’t caught up with them more. Joker is playing lights out right now.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
It’s not so much that no one is playing defense, but pace has shot through the roof. It’ll come down over the next couple weeks, but it’s even higher than last year’s first ten days.

Also free throw attempts are way up. Which sort of plays to “you can’t play defense anymore” line, which I think is closer to people not playing defense.

Nuggets have played three games at altitude, and three games against teams that aren’t that good. I’m surprised the Barton injury hasn’t caught up with them more. Joker is playing lights out right now.
This is more what I meant. I didn’t mean people just said “fuck defense,” but the new rules/emphasis and off-the-charts pace basically put defense on “life support” as Draymond said. Pop has also talked about how conventional defensive approaches are pretty much out the window entirely against lineups with five three point shooters.

I’m just stoked the NBA is back, even if the best games are months away.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
This is more what I meant. I didn’t mean people just said “fuck defense,” but the new rules/emphasis and off-the-charts pace basically put defense on “life support” as Draymond said. Pop has also talked about how conventional defensive approaches are pretty much out the window entirely against lineups with five three point shooters.

I’m just stoked the NBA is back, even if the best games are months away.

lol @ Draymong being mad he can no longer hold people away from the ball and will be forced to actually defend.

This is the same thing the NFL has done by putting a point of emphasis on DB's not harassing WR past 5 yds down the field

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Nuggets are looking great guys, the defense against the Warriors legitimately impressed me and that Kings game last night is a game they typically would've lost last year. Gary Harris has emerged into quite the 2-way player.

They gon nutsack the Errrzzz tomorrow night

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Nuggets are looking great guys, the defense against the Warriors legitimately impressed me and that Kings game last night is a game they typically would've lost last year. Gary Harris has emerged into quite the 2-way player.

They gon nutsack the Errrzzz tomorrow night
Not saying much right now, but THE JOKER has been fun to watch for years and as they get better I find myself following them a little more.