• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Are you asking? I think maybe. Seems awfully steep for a big with a history of petulitis

Plus the signal it sends about Rich Paul/LeBron basically running the Lakers.

LA isn’t Cleveland or Miami- some new money try-hard franchise that has to bend over for superstar wannabe GMs. It’s been a top 10 global franchise for 30 years, and will, god willing, continue to be one 30 years after LeBron retires.

The upper management and second generation Buss family is weak AF. I’d rather they traded for reanimation technology to clone Dr. Buss than AD, imo

NML

I think it’s a win for everyone. It’d be dumb of the Lakers to not double down with LeBron - if he’s really done, this doesn’t really do anything because they aren’t gonna be good for the next few years anyways. If he’s got something left, then you are pushing all the chips in and giving urself a chance in a wide open landscape

Great haul for the Pels, especially since Ainge took Tatum off the table. The restrictions on the picks will tell a lot, but they can probably flip #4 for another starter and just hope that Zion is the stud everyone thinks.

For the C’s, I think they had to accept the writing was on the wall with Kyrie and not try and over extend with AD. Ainge still has some chips left so it’ll be interesting to see if he tries something else. Said it a couple times, but I won’t miss Kyrie. Hopefully Tatum gets a chance to really run the show.

The only real loser here is Lavar Ball so

1560641629661.jpg

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
I barely actually watch the NBA, but many (maybe most?) Pelicans fans have been dreading this outcome since the trade request went public. Does this seem like a case where the Lakers were just trying to accelerate building a developing contender, or did the Pelicans just pick up a core of okay guys who not even Lebron could carry to the playoffs? It’s hard to tell because a lot of the fan takes I’d been reading involved unrealistic trade scenarios like getting Tatum and Beal and several other picks.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I barely actually watch the NBA, but many (maybe most?) Pelicans fans have been dreading this outcome since the trade request went public. Does this seem like a case where the Lakers were just trying to accelerate building a developing contender, or did the Pelicans just pick up a core of okay guys who not even Lebron could carry to the playoffs? It’s hard to tell because a lot of the fan takes I’d been reading involved unrealistic trade scenarios like getting Tatum and Beal and several other picks.

They were on pace to make the playoffs before he missed like a fourth of the season, I think

Two top 5 picks plus two more 1sts plus some younger guys that could at least turn out serviceable seems like an okay rebuilding step to me

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Erzzzz are gonna be picking through the scraps to fill out the roster. With the Warriors pretty much done things are gonna verrryyy interesting in the West once again next season

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
CreamyBossyAlbacoretuna-size_restricted.gif