• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

bruin

It was the first time Stevens had to really balance minutes, and he struggled. The offense was awful throughout the year, and they mostly won games on the defensive end or Kyrie going off. I still like Stevens, but you can’t put him in the Pop/top tier category after this.

Kyrie is such a strange dude. Part of me hopes they re-sign him just because he’s so unpredictable and there’s entertainment value there, but he’s too ball dominant and not efficient enough to be in that elite class of players. He’s DEFINITELY not someone who makes the players around him better.

The offseason will be interesting. Because I’m left with such a bad taste in my mouth about this team, I don’t really feel there’s a bad option. Kyrie comes back and they trade for AD - great, those two and Al and whatever is left can compete and hopefully Stevens figures out the offense with less mouths to feed. Kyrie walks - great, let everyone else walk and build around Tatum and Brown and fill out the roster with four picks in the first 20 or whatever.

Part of me also feels like this isn’t so much the Celtics, as it is that Milwaukee is just the best team with the best player (or maybe second and second).

one title in 33 years.

evil1

Shhh. The Lakers are dragging out their head coaching search and somehow may still end up with Jason Kidd. We are in no position to throw stones. Unless it is Lonzo Ball, in which case what is the danger that he would actually hit anything?

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Cliff Thimpsin needs to step up if gs wants to win this series without Kelvin Darden. But Jack Hardon needs to make his charity shots too.

I think if Todd blackledge was an nba announcer he would just call hardon “the player.”

evil1

In actual basketball news, freaking Wardell Curry II ripped the heart out of Rocket fans in the second half.

I don't even think Houston did anything wrong, they simply weren't as good.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Goddamn Reddit is terrible for hot takes. Every other post every single post game thread is a complaint about the refs or a copy pasta.

Edit: Wow thanks for all the Updoots

Edit 2: thanks for Reddit gold!
Wonder how many Moreypoints the Rockets got screwed out of... 19.6?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Congrats to the Blazers. That was an awesome series and McCollum was great. Thoroughly deserved.

Lillard is an absolute fraud, doe. Complete grifter.

-YTC

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Maybe next year Embiid won't have mudbutt but with his luck will get brain AIDS instead. Maybe Simmons develops any type of credible outside jump shot but I doubt it.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
He was two assists away from a trippy dubby

bOxScOrE tAkE

Dude was trash this game and most of the series. He shot well in 2 games, and was abjectly awful in the other 5 (except for when he grifts his way to the free throw line). If you take out the Denver blowout (the outlier of the series), he had a 0 plus/minus. For comparison sake, McCollum had a +17 plus/minus for the series. Lillard's 2 worst games of the series were both wins, because he was being carried by others. An absolute fraud in this series. Looked like 2017 Isaiah Thomas: a chucker who can't impact the game when his shot isn't falling and is a negative on the defensive end.

-YTC

evil1

If Lillard's shots weren't falling, it was because Denver geared their entire defense to slow him down. There was a reason why McCollum kept seeing one-on-one defense and why Jamal Murray (Denver's PG) was often caught defending Portland's SF in the paint.

All four teams that played yesterday looked super tight. I still don't know how Toronto won considering that everyone not named Kawhi or Ibaka seemed afraid to shoot the ball.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He is a sports writer whose tweets sound like un-upvoted subreddit thread titles.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
bOxScOrE tAkE

Dude was trash this game and most of the series. He shot well in 2 games, and was abjectly awful in the other 5 (except for when he grifts his way to the free throw line). If you take out the Denver blowout (the outlier of the series), he had a 0 plus/minus. For comparison sake, McCollum had a +17 plus/minus for the series. Lillard's 2 worst games of the series were both wins, because he was being carried by others. An absolute fraud in this series. Looked like 2017 Isaiah Thomas: a chucker who can't impact the game when his shot isn't falling and is a negative on the defensive end.

-YTC

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
SUNS get Monty. How am I supposed to feel bout this @Reel
real quick

I think Monty may have adapted his corching style to fit with today's NBA

when he was corching the then hornets, he was still very much a back to the basket, two bigs on the floor kinda guy

iirc, the hornets were at the bottom of the league in pace. He loved the half court set

He really did well at out of timeout plays though. I cant remember their ranking during his tenure, but at one point they were near the top of the league in this stat fwiw.

I thought his rotations were poor but that could've been the shitty roster he had to deal with at the time.