• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Lakers about to hire Tyronn Lue

giphy.gif

Reactions: NML

evil1

I am fine with the Lakers hiring Tyronn Lue. Most importantly, it means they won't hire Jason Kidd as previous reports suggested they might.

Secondly, I think you could do a lot worse than hire a coach who has a .607 winning percentage in the NBA (.672 winning percentage in the playoffs), and who has also won an NBA Championship as a head coach.

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
Sitting at the bar slowly scooting our way to the nearest TV. I’ve got a good angled view but a few more spots and I’m in the perfect spot. Wife is obviously pregernat so she gets to drive drunk Mame home after the game. Pacing myself, but not really.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLAZERSS

Mame YO

slings rocks
Honestly I think that this should’ve already been a win for the blazers but they let they nuggs hang around too long

Mame YO

slings rocks
If it wasn’t for the 101018457-@3 offensive rebounds by the NUGGGGZZZ in this game, especially from halftime on, this game would’ve been over a while ago. Here’s hoping the blazers can close it out in 3OT.

Brick

CLOWNZANO

"Nikola Jokic played 65 minutes for the Nuggets.
Have you seen the guy’s physique? Not trying to be mean here. Just pointing out that Jokic’s work shift broke an NBA record for minutes played in a single playoff game. Denver’s 7-foot center did that. It was like watching an offensive tackle run in the Kentucky Derby."

huh

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I've been in Ann Arbor for librul sisters graduation and the bar we were at tried valiantly to kick us out before the 4th OT was over to no avail. I was so tired and trashed that I had accepted that Dame would cut our throats once and for all with his clutchness, instead the Nuggz shat away every opp they had to seize control of the game and got punked by a fresh Rodney Hood.

That was fucking brutal, hard to see ma'Nuggz winning the series after such a draining loss.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I've been in Ann Arbor for librul sisters graduation and the bar we were at tried valiantly to kick us out before the 4th OT was over to no avail. I was so tired and trashed that I had accepted that Dame would cut our throats once and for all with his clutchness, instead the Nuggz shat away every opp they had to seize control of the game and got punked by a fresh Rodney Hood.

That was fucking brutal, hard to see ma'Nuggz winning the series after such a draining loss.

What bar?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Damn, what a fun series. Can't wait to see what Portland can do with a healthy Nurkic, and can't wait to see what Denver could do with a league average SF if MPJ could ever get healthy.

Not that either team will, but which squad between Blazers and Nuggs would give GSW the best series?

-YTC

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Yeah great game, great series so far. Blazers sunk themselves with that terrible 3rd quarter. The last few minutes were crazy, it felt like Portland was doing everything right to tie it up/take the lead. Great D, quick scores but the nuggets kept hitting shot after shot.

evil1

It seemed like that neither team could miss in the last three minutes of that game. It was a pretty well played game considering most of the players must have been running on fumes.

CJ_24

Golden State lost the Houston series when they failed to successfully capture game three. It is simply a matter of playing out the string at this point. Houston-Milwaukee Finals is the course we are headed.

evil1

If nothing else, the Toronto series shows the ceiling for Ben Simmons if he doesn't develop a passable outside shot.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
If nothing else, the Toronto series shows the ceiling for Ben Simmons if he doesn't develop a passable outside shot.
The good news is he is only 22 and in his second rookie season so there's plenty of time to get one down

The bad news is he is 5 years away from a good jumper

evil1

How this year's Celtics team regressed so badly is a big mystery to me. Kyrie played 60 games with the Celtics last season (2017-2018), and played pretty well, so it doesn't seem like it was an issue of trying to fit in a new piece. But somewhere along the way the team chemistry just went sour. It doesn't help that Kyrie may be the most tone deaf "team captain" in the league.

NML

It was the first time Stevens had to really balance minutes, and he struggled. The offense was awful throughout the year, and they mostly won games on the defensive end or Kyrie going off. I still like Stevens, but you can’t put him in the Pop/top tier category after this.

Kyrie is such a strange dude. Part of me hopes they re-sign him just because he’s so unpredictable and there’s entertainment value there, but he’s too ball dominant and not efficient enough to be in that elite class of players. He’s DEFINITELY not someone who makes the players around him better.

The offseason will be interesting. Because I’m left with such a bad taste in my mouth about this team, I don’t really feel there’s a bad option. Kyrie comes back and they trade for AD - great, those two and Al and whatever is left can compete and hopefully Stevens figures out the offense with less mouths to feed. Kyrie walks - great, let everyone else walk and build around Tatum and Brown and fill out the roster with four picks in the first 20 or whatever.

Part of me also feels like this isn’t so much the Celtics, as it is that Milwaukee is just the best team with the best player (or maybe second and second).