1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

2018-2109 RUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS

Discussion in 'Pro Sports Discussion' started by Brick, Oct 2, 2018.

1. silverwheels

silverwheels more like Turd Crapley

Team:
    RUSS
    But who can, really? Besides LeBron's 2016 title. Even then, though, he had peak Kyrie and solid role players.

GR8 2 B FL G8R likes this.
  2. Brick

Brick Well-Known Member

i just asked miles why oklahoma won today and he said GEORGE, CUCKRUSS

all part of the plan!

3. silverwheels

Team:
    RUSS
    PAWWWWLLLLL

bruin and Yankee151 like this.
  4. bruin

bruin Well-Known Member

wish I had a alert on muh phone when @Brick posts updates on MILES in the granddaddy thread tbh

silverwheels likes this.
  5. bruin

bruin Well-Known Member

gimme some DAT SMOKE THOOO WELCOME TO DA LEAGUE DOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

6. OU11

OU11 Pleighboi Utopia Moderator

Team:
    Niners
    [​IMG]

silverwheels likes this.
  7. Wuf

Wuf Desensitized and Willing

Team:
    Carolina Panthers
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Going to the Raptors game next Sunday

8. Reel

Reel Off dem Milds and dat Yak Community Liaison

Team:
    Saints
    as of today, i dont see these standings being sustainable. There will unfortunately be some injury bugs that will pop up...there will be some win streaks, losing streaks, and a bit a good luck. At this point in the season, im focusing on games that could have tie breaker implications at the end of the season, primarily within the division, but tie breakers out the division are cool too.

9. Wuf

Team:
    Carolina Panthers
    I didn't say crown our ass, all I wanted from this season was for Malone to finally break through to the playoffs, so this is wildly surpassing expectations thus far. As long as the Nuggz finish 6th or higher at this point I'll be pleased.

Barton, IT, and Porter haven't been playing either

10. OU11

Team:
    Niners
    You're allowed to demand that @Reel crown you.

Travis7401 and Bmack like this.
  11. evil1

evil1 Well-Known Member

Everyone who had the Nuggets, Thunder and Clippers as the top 3 teams the West, please raise your hands.

12. OU11

Team:
    Niners
  13. NML

NML Well-Known Member

The telling stories in the west so far have been:

- Draymond might actually be really important to what GS does. He might be the second most important player for them? Ultimately he’ll get healthy and they’ll win around 60 games, but it’s an interesting dynamic and I’m not sure he got enough credit.

- For Denver, I feel like Jokic is getting a lot of attention, but his offensive game hasn’t really changed or improved. Offensively, they are mostly the same team. It’s defensively where they’ve made massive strides. Hard to pin point exactly where that’s coming from, but we are past just small sample size luck (although they’ll likely regress some, but might still be top ten?).

- the team that’s most likely to tumble is LAC. Maybe Gallinari is going to have a career year at 30, but I doubt it. I’m also assuming BOBAN won’t shoot 70% all season long. Harris has also cleaned up his game. That’s a lot of things going right. I’m just not sure this is the fifth best offensive team in the NBA.

- Houston is interesting, too. Why has Dantoni suddenly slowed the pace way down? Why did Capela stop playing defense? Was Ariza the glue holding that team together?

- The resurgence by Conley and Gasol is pretty cool. My guess is it’s about half that they underachieved last year and about half that it’s the first part of the season and their legs aren’t heavy yet

- Most of the other teams are about where you’d expect. OKC maybe doing slightly better? Haven’t seen enough of them to really say. Lakers, Blazers, Minny, NO, and Utah are all around the same level.

Should be a fun ride the rest of the way. Or at least I imagine it will be until I think about how it’s actually all irrelevant because Warriors in five

Reel, silverwheels and sayo like this.
  14. Wuf

Team:
    Carolina Panthers
    I think Nuggz narrowly missing the playoffs again was a blessing in disguise for the team to wise up and the defensive transformation has been pretty incredible. As long as the offense is facilitated through Jokic I don't think it's necessary for him to put up 20+ points every game, offense is at its best when they're going with the flow. They will have a few more bad stretches but team seems resilient enough to survive them.

15. Reel

Reel Off dem Milds and dat Yak Community Liaison

Team:
    Saints
    @Wuf, my apologies my man, i wasnt talking about Denver, but i can see how you may have interpreted my comments that way b/c i left out a few words that could've added more context

I was making a general statement about the west as a whole.

16. Wuf

Team:
    Carolina Panthers
    You're good, I just wanted to make it clear that my expectations are realistic and there's no reason to blow a load 24 games into the NBA regular season

Reel likes this.
  17. silverwheels

Team:
    RUSS
    It's only ~1/4 of the way through the season but I'm encouraged by OKC so far. They're winning games they wouldn't have last year and the bench has been a big part of that. Schroeder was a huge get. Adams is earning the extension he signed a couple of years ago. George has settled in. Grant and Abrines have shown quite a bit of improvement. We'll see how it holds up the rest of the way.

18. evil1

evil1 Well-Known Member

Plus arguably their best defensive player, Andre Roberson, hasn't even returned yet.

silverwheels likes this.
  19. Brick

Brick Well-Known Member

IMG_20181123_124030.jpg

20. Wuf

Team:
    Carolina Panthers
    #praisemiles

silverwheels likes this.