• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

evil1

https://sports.theonion.com/employee-using-up-sick-days-before-leaving-company-1834924125

PHOTO FINISH
Employee Using Up Sick Days Before Leaving Company
5/21/19 12:32pm
SEE MORE: WORK
inqkexu0lcvouek0m6fc.jpg

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
While we watched game 7 of the ECF some dude told me this would be the worst finals ever and bet $500 the Warriors would sweep. He ghosted me.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Kelvin Drant looking to pull the all-time ultimate lay low motherfucker move by not playing until its absolutely necessary then winning 3 straight.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
This raptors team may be the worst team in NBA history to ever be up 3-1 in the finals.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Man, it's hard not to blame Nick Nurse for the end of that game.

• WTF was that timeout with 2:30 to go when the Raps were up 6 and the place was rocking?
  • Why not use a timeout on the final play to set something better up, knowing that a hard double was coming to Kawhi?
  • Why not tell Kawhi to shoot a step-back 37 footer for the win?
-YTC

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed

• WTF was that timeout with 2:30 to go when the Raps were up 6 and the place was rocking?
  • Why not use a timeout on the final play to set something better up, knowing that a hard double was coming to Kawhi?
-YTC
I didn't listen to the post game or anything but it looked like Lowry was calling that timeout at 2:30

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison

-YTC
he mentioned something about losing 2 timeouts under 2 min or something, and he wanted to give them a bit of rest

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

-YTC
That timeout (then another) is one of the strangest moves I have ever seen by a coach. Warriors only had 1 left and Kerr had to save it. They looked totally done. It was a "keep playing as long as possible" situation for the Raptors. Any break would help GS.

You can only have 2 timeouts with 2 min left so I guess he wanted to just use them... but at that point it made no sense.

If Looney is out too, the Warriors are totally screwed. Their only chance is Cousins to totally take over for a 4-5 min stretch like he did when KD went out. That saved the game and someone else other than Steph/Klay has to score.

evil1

Kyrie Irving switched agents and is now represented by Roc Nation Sports (Jay-Z's agency).

Any doubt he's heading to either the Nets or Knicks?

CJ_24

Kyrie Irving switched agents and is now represented by Roc Nation Sports (Jay-Z's agency).

Any doubt he's heading to either the Nets or Knicks?

Why not Memphis or Minnesota? Are you suggesting the Jigga man don't do the heartland?

Reel

Community Liaison
i would like to have a serious convo w/o any schticks or bias

but I'm seriously wondering what in the hell is AD thinking? I've seen several reports that Rich Paul has told all the other teams sans LA that AD would be a one year rental and whatever you give up for him is gonna be on you when he leaves for LA.

From a purely basketball pov, what in the hell does LA have that makes them so attractive? The pelicans got the basketball gods to favor them again for the 2nd time in franchise history with the no. 1 pick. Will Zion make an immediate impact day one? IDK, but am excited about his potential moving forward. I'm more looking forward to the possible FA Griff will be able to bring in had AD decided to play out this last year.

They have completely reshaped the front office which had been pretty embarrassing by NBA front office standards. Made serious financial investments in staff and facilities/amenities and they can still offer AD the most money.

He wants to play with an aged Lejuan and whoever else they can fill the roster out with. How is that anymore appealing than where he currently is?

NML

The appeal is the intangibles - playing with either the best or second best player of all time, moving to LA, plus all the non-basketball income he can generate there. It seems clear from what Rich Paul is pushing out that he wants a big market.

From a basketball standpoint, yeah it doesn’t make sense. You can’t discount what a good recruiter LeBron is, but regardless of what he’d be able to bring in, the Erz with him, AD, and whatever is left won’t be higher than maybe third best team in the west (lots of dominos to fall though)

But considering his current team and his second choice is the Knicks, that’s an upgrade.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Maybe it's a fucking day l8 n a dolla too $hort to upgrade the front office now

After as you say, they were previously subpar for his entire career

Reel

Community Liaison
Maybe it's a fucking day l8 n a dolla too $hort to upgrade the front office now

After as you say, they were previously subpar for his entire career
this is probably the case

i can only imagine how defeated he must've been feeling when he was hoping the franchise would continue the spiral downward only to fire Dell, hire Griff and Langdon, land the no. 1 pick, poach the coveted phx suns head trainer, Benson spending $4M on upgrades to the facility. Like "NOW they wanna start doing this after I decided to leave"

To everyone else that are talking about the intangibles...i still think that's a myth perpetuated by fans of those teams and delusional owners. PG was in Indiana and now OKC and has a signature shoe with Nike and gatorade commercials. Money can be made anywhere. I mean, what does the cost of living mean to a million dollar athlete? Probably low on the totem pole but still. Idk.

I do wish him the best throughout the rest of his career though. Sucks the franchise couldnt really rally anything meaningful around him during his time here.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Reel talk doe, have you ever been to LA, Malibu, the Hollywood Hills?

It's where millionaires from all over to world choose to live for a reason. New Orleans is a dirty ass city with literal shit and vomit in the gutters of the main tourist attraction of Bourbon St. LA has a skid row too, but it is not on the Hollywood Walk of Fame outside the Chinese Theater.