• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
tm334wd00ay21.png

One of these things is not like the others....:laughing:

Fun fact: The Timberwolves are the only team in the league to never have moved up in the draft lottery

NML

7 turnovers, struggled to shoot, and managed to get 9 free throws?

Grifters gonna grift.

-YTC

Prepare the Hot Take Cannon!
……(\_/)
……( ‘_’)
.../”"”"”"”"”"”"\=====░ ▒▓▓█D
/”"”"”"”"”"”"””"”\
\_@_@_@_@_@/

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
this is probably the strangest thing i've seen happened to a sports team here

Reactions: doh

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Even Seth Curry bailing out the Grifter after he tried to steal 3 free throws with a minute to go wasn't enough.

It's preposterous to see what happens when this Warriors team gets rolling. That run in the 3rd was ridiculous.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
What makes you think I'm sour?

I like the Blazers and am rooting for them to beat the Warriors. I've got no beef at all with Portland.

But that changes nothing about how much of a fraud Lillard has been in this postseason. Maybe this is the guy that he's always been and I just haven't noticed it until my team faced him in a 7 game series.

-YTC

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Are you always such a sour bitch when your team loses?

I don’t think @whiteyc_77 malfeasamce for lizard is rooted in jealousy. It is likely rooted in 95% of this board saying that no one wants a piece of lizard after round one. No man is unstoppable. There is no fear amongst professional sports teams.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I don’t think @whiteyc_77 malfeasamce for lizard is rooted in jealousy. It is likely rooted in 95% of this board saying that no one wants a piece of lizard after round one. No man is unstoppable. There is no fear amongst professional sports teams.

I guess that's part of it. Like...this is the cold-blooded hot hand that everyone is supposed to fear? I will plead ignorance regarding Lillard's abilities coming into this post-season, as it's quite difficult to keep up with the west coast teams here on the east coast. I had a very high opinion of him based on box scores and highlights.

Then I actually got to watch him play and.....yikes.

-YTC

jdlikewhoa

I guess that's part of it. Like...this is the cold-blooded hot hand that everyone is supposed to fear? I will plead ignorance regarding Lillard's abilities coming into this post-season, as it's quite difficult to keep up with the west coast teams here on the east coast. I had a very high opinion of him based on box scores and highlights.

Then I actually got to watch him play and.....yikes.

-YTC
His neon green shoe game strong tho

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
I didn't interpret whites comments as sour

GSW is doing what Nola did to him last year in the playoffs which is a good strategy. control him and let everyone else beat you

Brick

"You know that rock climber who free-climbed El Capitan solo recently? They made an award-winning documentary about it. But if that guy is sitting in his living room watching the NBA playoffs, he’s probably in awe, observing Lillard, thinking he’s been upstaged.

Free Solo II?"

bruin

If LeBron doesn’t get hurt Christmas night, the Errz would have given the dubs a tougher series than any of these sorry franchises.

7FB64587-E197-4DEE-8B92-6EDFD423D76F.gif

evil1

I don't think Toronto's offense is sharp enough to beat Milwaukee (which is Algonquin for "the good land"). Too often their offense ends up being passing the ball to Kawhi Leonard with about 8 seconds on the shot clock and hopes he does something with it.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Wonder why Stotts didn't go with the 37 foot step-back when the Blazers got the ball down 2 with 11 seconds to go?

-YTC

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Meh don't really care about the Blazers getting swept by the Warriors (again). I didn't think they would get out of the first round or even come close lol so:Poo: ing all over the Thunder and putting them Young bucks from Denver in their place was great.

Hurts to blow 3 straight 17 pt leads. Meyers Leonard clowning on the Warriors and almost willing them to victory was funny. In another less lame universe the Blazers are up 3-1 right.

I think they got a window the next few years to be dark horse Shampship contenders. Collins should get loads of playing time while Nurkic rehabs. Turner and Leonard will have some value as expiring contracts so maybe look to move them for a wing.

If they can resign Hood, Curry or Kanter at a team friendly price go for it I suppose. Otherwise get the band back together and try again next year

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Meh maybe I'm a h8r but there will never be a better situation for Portland than this. Denver was a regular season team, OKC got RUSS'd and the Dubs didn't have 2 starters + Iggy for a game. I just don't think they play good enough D. Unless they can get a better 3rd option I don't see them as a threat to win anything. I think long term too it might be best to trade McCollum or Dame for a bigger "2nd" star.

The Dame supermax is gonna be insane. He'll be making $50m when he's 35. I understand these teams don't really have a choice but to offer the supermax but LAWD in 3-4 years there are going to be some horrific contracts.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Meh maybe I'm a h8r but there will never be a better situation for Portland than this. Denver was a regular season team, OKC got RUSS'd and the Dubs didn't have 2 starters + Iggy for a game. I just don't think they play good enough D. Unless they can get a better 3rd option I don't see them as a threat to win anything. I think long term too it might be best to trade McCollum or Dame for a bigger "2nd" star.

The Dame supermax is gonna be insane. He'll be making $50m when he's 35. I understand these teams don't really have a choice but to offer the supermax but LAWD in 3-4 years there are going to be some horrific contracts.
I mean no one has beaten the Warriors in years lol. Until they break up I don't see that changing so a loss to them doesn't really sting too much.

Nurkic is the 3rd option. He was having a great year and is definitely one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Portlands defense is light years better with him on the court.

doh

I mean no one has beaten the Warriors in years lol. Until they break up I don't see that changing so a loss to them doesn't really sting too much.

Nurkic is the 3rd option. He was having a great year and is definitely one of the best defensive bigs in the league. Portlands defense is light years better with him on the court.
But even getting to the WCF was a relatively easy path by blind luck. The Warriors had a much more difficult path as the 1 seed and I think the Western Conference is going to be way, way better next year.

KKKlipz will add a superstar or two. Kings SHOULD be really good if those young guys continue to develop. If LBJ is healthy and the ErRRrRz add someone, they'll be good. Denver theoretically should get better with cap space and the young guys getting better. Spurs/Jazz probably have maxed out. OKC/Rockets will probably be about the same-- but those GMs take chances so maybe one of them will have a huge splash.

I just think if there was ever a year for the Blazers to make the finals, this was it. I don't see a way they can get better without breaking up Dame/McCollum.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Well, it's the same problem that both Denver and Portland (and just about any other small market team) is faced with. No "superstar" free agents are going to come play there, and it will always take Supermax deals to keep your star players (even if they aren't Supermax caliber players). It requires an insane amount of luck, as neither team has a top 5 pick on the roster. It means hitting on a Jokic in round 2 or a Giannis in mid-round 1.

Even the Warriors are built on a ridiculous amount of luck. How much does history change if the Timberwolves don't think Johnny Flynn would be a better PG than Curry?

-YTC

Dr. Shats Basoon

But even getting to the WCF was a relatively easy path by blind luck. The Warriors had a much more difficult path as the 1 seed and I think the Western Conference is going to be way, way better next year.
No they didn't

KKKlipz will add a superstar or two. Kings SHOULD be really good if those young guys continue to develop. If LBJ is healthy and the ErRRrRz add someone, they'll be good. Denver theoretically should get better with cap space and the young guys getting better. Spurs/Jazz probably have maxed out. OKC/Rockets will probably be about the same-- but those GMs take chances so maybe one of them will have a huge splash.

I just think if there was ever a year for the Blazers to make the finals, this was it. I don't see a way they can get better without breaking up Dame/McCollum.
I don't really see the point in trading away McCollum. They aren't getting anything better back than what he brings. I'd rather they develop Collins and Anfernee Simmons and give it another shot next year. At that point, Turner and Leonard's good awful contracts are expiring and you can blow it all up then if shit goes south.

The supermax is unfortunate but not really anything the Blazers can do about that.

doh

No they didn't

I don't really see the point in trading away McCollum. They aren't getting anything better back than what he brings. I'd rather they develop Collins and Anfernee Simmons and give it another shot next year. At that point, Turner and Leonard's good awful contracts are expiring and you can blow it all up then if shit goes south.

The supermax is unfortunate but not really anything the Blazers can do about that.
OK... if you think Houston (who was insanely good down the stretch/had the MVP) was a easier opponent than self-destructing OKC or playoff virgins Denver, then... ? Even the KKKlipz at least put a fight vs. the DUBZ with KD.

I just think McCollum is too small when paired with Dame. I'd rather have a bigger guy because two 6'3 dudes being your best two doesn't work defensively. I bet you could get a star somewhere else for him that is taller. I think you could take a chance and get rid of those horrific deals for a "star" who is on a longer contract where a team wants the space this or next summer. My main point is "run it back" is not going to end well for the Blazers if the goal is get to The Finals. The conference is going to be stronger, and the current roster isn't going to get that much better.

doh

Well, it's the same problem that both Denver and Portland (and just about any other small market team) is faced with. No "superstar" free agents are going to come play there, and it will always take Supermax deals to keep your star players (even if they aren't Supermax caliber players). It requires an insane amount of luck, as neither team has a top 5 pick on the roster. It means hitting on a Jokic in round 2 or a Giannis in mid-round 1.

Even the Warriors are built on a ridiculous amount of luck. How much does history change if the Timberwolves don't think Johnny Flynn would be a better PG than Curry?

-YTC
I'm interested in how the supermax will play out. There are going to be some horrific deals out there. Wall's already looked like one of the worst ever and it hasn't even started. The RUSS one looks brutal too and that just started.

It's the opposite of what baseball has turned into. Everyone has realized you can't sign these 30 year olds to 5-6 year deals because you are paying for shitty situations. NBA you don't really have a choice but to offer it because the stars are worth so much more than baseball.

Any team that is going to win a ship in any sport has an insane amount of luck. Dubs getting Green in 2nd round, Klay 11th overall, KD with the cap bump, etc. was part luck and part genius. They also did things like trade away tons of picks to get the space to get Iggy when they looked like a "stuck" in 1st/2nd round team. That was a huge deal that took a lot of balls to pull off. Livingston has been massive for them and they got him on a cheap deal. Curry's first extension being discounted (because he seemed like his ankles were screwed) helped significantly.

CJ_24

Milwaukee plays an entire season without losing two games in a row. They are going to lose four in a row. Given the statistical season they had, losing this series is a monumental choke. The only other team that had the statistical season Milwaukee had was, I think, the 73-9 Warriors. That team lost in the Finals, and did so only because Draymond got suspended.

Brick

Milwaukee plays an entire season without losing two games in a row. They are going to lose four in a row. Given the statistical season they had, losing this series is a monumental choke. The only other team that had the statistical season Milwaukee had was, I think, the 73-9 Warriors. That team lost in the Finals, and did so only because Draymond got suspended.
if this is like ur bad rocketz/warryers take, milwaukee gonna win the next two easily.