• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2019 Prem / Farewell Stoke Threade - who ate all the pies?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They didn't really deserve it but you can't argue against the execution

Make it 2

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
How is Coq still on the field? He's committed at least 3 yellows

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Not that we didn't know it already, but Sanchez is not very useful up front. Don't care how tired Giroud is, he is at least tall enough to hold up play on long balls.

tab10

Cringed when I saw the chambers/holding pairing on the back line. Think the manager got that one horribly wrong.

Sanchez struggled and never got into the game.

Ramsey and Iwobi off with injuries. Why does that not surprise me.

Fucking shit. Tired of the same BS over and over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Cringed when I saw the chambers/holding pairing on the back line. Think the manager got that one horribly wrong.

Sanchez struggled and never got into the game.

Ramsey and Iwobi off with injuries. Why does that not surprise me.

Fucking shit. Tired of the same BS over and over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, I'm actually hoping to become a mid table team. It's the only reasonable chance for something to change. We have an owner who is only interested in year on year short term profit, a maniac chief executive, who thinks that a "Leicester" approach to transfers is a good idea, and a manager who's 10 years past his sell by date and knows less than the fans.

We don't have a chance in shit of winning the league or the champions league in the manner in which the club is run. The only hope is that it turns into a horror show and everyone jumps ship.

NML

A win at the Emirates to start the season?

usa-whitehouse-beer.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Arsenal have won 1 out of their last 7 season opening games. It's pathetic that any moron with half a brain can see where improvements are needed, and they still refuse to sign anybody.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Arsenal have won 1 out of their last 7 season opening games. It's pathetic that any moron with half a brain can see where improvements are needed, and they still refuse to sign anybody.

It's not good when even actual fans of the team don't know who the starting CB is (unless you were really keying in on those pre-season matches I guess).

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's not good when even actual fans of the team don't know who the starting CB is (unless you were really keying in on those pre-season matches I guess).

Mertesacker was also injured 3 weeks ago, so there's been plenty of time to bring someone in. That's when it became clear that Arsenal absolutely needed to buy a center back. And yet they've done nothing except maybe sniffed around Mustafi (who I think would be a great signing, for what it's worth).

They'll probably buy a center back before the deadline ends, and possibly a center forward, too. In the mean time, Arsenal can barely put a good starting 11 out there against two pretty damn good teams to start the year. But hey, at least Arsenal will finish 4th again!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Mertesacker was also injured 3 weeks ago, so there's been plenty of time to bring someone in. That's when it became clear that Arsenal absolutely needed to buy a center back. And yet they've done nothing except maybe sniffed around Mustafi (who I think would be a great signing, for what it's worth).

They'll probably buy a center back before the deadline ends, and possibly a center forward, too. In the mean time, Arsenal can barely put a good starting 11 out there against two pretty damn good teams to start the year. But hey, at least Arsenal will finish 4th again!

Don't count on it. If we do, it'll be someone like Johnny Evans on deadline day. As for a striker, there's fuck all hope for that. This is an interesting season as it's the first time the board have basically admitted to lying about transfer policy. In the past we've had excuses as to why we can't spend yet. This season it's been more or less "we don't spend because we don't want to". The club is rotten to the core, and I absolutely don't know how on earth it's going to be purged of the shit. Wenger is only a part of the problem; they're all getting rich off this, so fuck knows how we'll get rid of them.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I think they are still negotiating with Valencia of Shkodran Mustafi. Of course, Valencia are holding out for more money because Arsenal both brags about how much cash they have on hand and are desperate for a defender.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I think they are still negotiating with Valencia of Shkodran Mustafi. Of course, Valencia are holding out for more money because Arsenal both brags about how much cash they have on hand and are desperate for a defender.

Nah. It's all bullshit.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Mostly pleased with what I saw from Chelsea on Monday. They need to be a little more lethal in front of goal, so a sloppy goal surrendered doesn't cost them points......as it almost did. But they dictated the flow of the game, and they didn't screw around in possession. There was a much quicker tempo to their attacks than usual.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Mostly pleased with what I saw from Chelsea on Monday. They need to be a little more lethal in front of goal, so a sloppy goal surrendered doesn't cost them points......as it almost did. But they dictated the flow of the game, and they didn't screw around in possession. There was a much quicker tempo to their attacks than usual.

Conte imo was the best manager move in the EPL in the last couple of years. Totally suits Chelsea's line up.

bruin

Seems some soft penalty calls in the box early on this season.

Good to see Kun not shank a pk

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I see Liverpool has returned to form

NML

Didn't see the goals, but tough to break down a team like Burnley when they get a two goal cushion.

Service from wide was awful. Too many low percentage shots.

chibob

Wenger talking some absolute bollocks in his post interview.

Saying "Arsenal are more concerned with making sure they can pay all their wages than spending 300 million." eh?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Wenger talking some absolute bollocks in his post interview.

Saying "Arsenal are more concerned with making sure they can pay all their wages than spending 300 million." eh?

This BBC (linked) article changed everything for me as it puts the right perspective on transfers. I know Arsenal aren't Man United, but we're a massive club who can afford to be big players in the market. Arsenal board are laughing all the way to the bank, running a ponzi scheme and using excuses and lies every year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37045474

In case anyone hasn't got much time, here's the only graphic that you need to know (will change your views on transfer spending) :

_90753386_chart.png

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Baseball is something you really need to have a team you care about to watch. Seeing a random game on TV is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Rooney probably has Irish lineage since he is Scouse.

He does for sure- but this was about players who were actually from Ireland, not just eligible for the national team. The equivalents would be something like 80 consecutive years of Real having someone from Uruguay, or Bayern having someone from Austria. Pretty crazy.

chibob

He does for sure- but this was about players who were actually from Ireland, not just eligible for the national team. The equivalents would be something like 80 consecutive years of Real having someone from Uruguay, or Bayern having someone from Austria. Pretty crazy.

Yeh I was being facetious for the most part.

Its a pretty brilliant accolade.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That's about $28-30k a year depending on the exchange, which I think is more than our minimum wage.

chibob

Disregarding it's legitimacy, doesn't really matter still funny, what is minimum wage over there? Damn that's low

[xtable=555x106]
{thead}
{tr}
{th}Year{/th}
{th}25 and over{/th}
{th}21 to 24{/th}
{th}18 to 20{/th}
{th}Under 18{/th}
{th}Apprentice{/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}As of April 2016 (current rate){/td}
{td}£7.20{/td}
{td}£6.70{/td}
{td}£5.30{/td}
{td}£3.87{/td}
{td}£3.30{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Yeh its pretty brutal, but I still think its much better than most other countries.

DanishDonut0

That's about $28-30k a year depending on the exchange, which I think is more than our minimum wage.

What squiggly rate are you using? To me it looks more like $18-19k to me.

Thought maybe a city like London would have at least a higher minimum wage to account for cost of living but I guess it makes sense as well.

chibob

Minimum wage based on age? Wtf

Yeh I know, but I read a piece a while back that argued that minimum wage jobs aren't for people over 25.

It would be expected that by such a point in your life you would have the experience and skillset to command a higher salary. However, it is not a practice followed by many a company.

I remember a Summer job I had and there was a number of early 30s and late 30s people working there who genuinely had no dream of doing any better, its a fucked up system. I remember this girl coming in one day and asking for her hours to be reduced so she could sign on and get more money a month...

The idea of the wage being lower the younger you are is to encourage companies in the service/retail sectors, where you typically get minimum wage, to hire young people.

The biggest FU by the government is the terrible wage permitted for people on apprenticeships. I feel bad for anyone who has ever done an apprenticeship. Im in recruitment and an apprenticeship will never look as good on a CV as a Degree.

/rant over

chibob

What squiggly rate are you using? To me it looks more like $18-19k to me.

Thought maybe a city like London would have at least a higher minimum wage to account for cost of living but I guess it makes sense as well.

Dont think it does - @hayvis ?

And yeh on minimum wage you typically get about 1000 to 1200 a month if you work 4/5 days a week (so full time)

So yeh youre looking at just less than $20,000 squiggles a year, before tax.

According to the figures though we do have a higher min. wage than US. /shrug

DanishDonut0

Dont think it does - @hayvisAccording to the figures though we do have a higher min. wage than US. /shrug

Would make sense, plus I believe some of the basic benefits you guys have are better. Comparing it to the US is tricky just because state and city differences. To me that wage and living in/around London would be crazy. And I guess if you compare it to the US it would be like a Bama minimum wage while living in NYC/SF. For example California's minimum wage is $10 and San Francisco's $13 (still realistically not liveable within the city).

On another note did anyone make a prem fantasy team and plan on getting through most of the season? I'd be up to have a league with an fellow nutopians who already made teams, just for shits.

chibob

Would make sense, plus I believe some of the basic benefits you guys have are better. Comparing it to the US is tricky just because state and city differences. To me that wage and living in/around London would be crazy. And I guess if you compare it to the US it would be like a Bama minimum wage while living in NYC/SF. For example California's minimum wage is $10 and San Francisco's $13 (still realistically not liveable within the city).

On another note did anyone make a prem fantasy team and plan on getting through most of the season? I'd be up to have a league with an fellow nutopians who already made teams, just for shits.

I think we have a league up, no?

I have a team and am involved with work leagues so ill stay fairly interested as we have money on it