• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-19 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

NML

giphy.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fun first half. Bayern were dominant, except for about 10 minutes. But I like Liverpool to get another goal. They look dangerous on the counter and when Salah runs at Bayern.

Snorky's Shame

Barcelona is the only team left in the UCL that has won this decade. Don’t be fooled by 5-1, Lyon had a very good chance to advance until Barcelona scored in the 78th to make it 3-1.

It’s wide open, Porto probably the team you want on Friday.

Snorky's Shame

Just a heads up on the draw on Friday. It’s a quarterfinal AND semifinal draw this time around. There’s a possibility Barcelona, Juventus and Manchester City could end up on the same side of the bracket.

NML

If I was to rank desired opponents for Liverpool

Porto, Ajax, Spurs, United, City, Juventus, Barca

Anfield has been so good over the past two seasons, I have a hard time saying they wouldn’t be, at worst, a 50/50 chance, and definitely higher for the first four.

I’d be worried about no Robertson for the first leg, but they survived without VVD so

Snorky's Shame

What’s the deal with quarters/semi draw both announced?

I think this has been the way it’s been done traditionally. There used to be a big gap between the round of 16/group stage and the quarterfinals so it made sense to do a big draw before the quarterfinals.

Snorky's Shame

If I was to rank desired opponents for Liverpool

Porto, Ajax, Spurs, United, City, Juventus, Barca

Anfield has been so good over the past two seasons, I have a hard time saying they wouldn’t be, at worst, a 50/50 chance, and definitely higher for the first four.

I’d be worried about no Robertson for the first leg, but they survived without VVD so

I’d think you would want Barcelona before Manchester City, Juventus or even Manchester United (you don’t really want to play a major rivalry in Europe if you don’t have to).

Barcelona doesn’t handle the press a well as they used to and you can counter on this team. Also Barcelona’s recent away record in the UCL is atrocious.

0-0 at Lyon
3-0 at Roma
1-1 at Chelsea with a gift goal
3-0 at Juventus
4-0 at Paris
2-0 at Atletico
0-2 at Arsenal (last away knockout stage win in 2016)

Not to mention Liverpool has knocked Barcelona out all three times they’ve met in Europe, granted the last time they met was 2007.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I was kind of hoping Rennes would embarrass the shit out of arsenal but it appears the real Rennes has stood up

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Italian teams in the EL today ... woof. Inter go out to Eintracht Frankfurt at home. Napoli lose 3-1 at RB Salzburg but still go through.

Snorky's Shame

UCL Draw: Ajax, Barcelona, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Porto, Tottenham
EL Draw: Arsenal, Benfica, Chelsea, Frankfurt, Napoli, Slavia Praha, Valencia, Villarreal

Teams still left by country:

England: 6 (!)
Spain: 3
Italy: 2
Portugal: 2
Czech Republic: 1
Germany: 1
Netherlands: 1

That Slavia Praha-Sevilla game must have been nuts. 6-5 on aggregate AET.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

UCL Draw:

1. Ajax-Juventus
2. Liverpool-Porto
3. Tottenham-Manchester City
4. Manchester United-Barcelona

Semifinals:

1. Winner 3-Winner 1
2. Winner 4-Winner 2

Final

Winner 1-Winner 2

Kind of a meh draw considering the possibilities.

Snorky's Shame

EL Draw:

1. Arsenal-Napoli
2. Villarreal-Valencia
3. Benfica-Frankfurt
4. Slavia Praha-Chelsea

Semifinals:

1. Winner 1-Winner 2
2. Winner 3-Winner 4

Final

Winner 2-Winner 1

Arsenal and Napoli and a Valencian derby.

bruin

Legit best match I’ve seen in a while. Didn’t feel like a FA Cup gathering hermanos..

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Cackles and rolls the blunt. Shoulda never left, brahim the dreamano. @bruin @bruin228
https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/03/25/5c98ac0fca47416a658b4616.html

Brahim Diaz has played just three games since joining Real Madrid on 6 January from Manchester City.
His debut came against Leganes in the Copa del Rey before he was involved in Los Blancos' win at Real Betis in LaLiga Santander four days later.
He featured in the return leg against Leganes on 16 January, playing just 24 minutes in total across those three games.

Snorky's Shame

Barcelona without Messi is a mid-table team. If Messi wins the treble with this team, it’s equal to Maradona winning the World Cup in 1986. Also, de Ligt’s price just went up.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Mou might be heading to Lyon. Bart Scott for them to take the title from PSG in 2021 before falling off a cliff in 2022.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Interesting to see if Rapenaldo plays in Amsterdam tomorrow. I think Ajax have a shot but Juve was their worst draw.