• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-19 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
It's also a pretty awful week for soccer administrative bodies.

A team not being able to take a player to a European final because of the political situation is fucking ridiculous. The final should be stripped from Azerbaijan, honestly, and they shouldn't be allowed to host any more finals until that's fixed. This, plus the fact that no fans will be able to get to Baku, is insane. How the fuck is this country hosting a final?

And then, FIFA tops them with this:

Fuck you, fans, you don't get to sit together.

Not sure these bodies do could more to tell fans to fuck off, honestly.

Both situations are absolute horseshit, and unacceptable. Thanks, FIFA.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Union Berlin beat Stuttgart in the relegation playoff yesterday. First time ever in the Bundesliga, and only the 5th ex-East German club to make it to the Bundesliga. One of the other promoted teams (Paderborn) was supposed to be relegated to the 4th division 2 years ago, but for 1860 Munich not spending money to get a license for the 3rd division. That was after Paderborn had two straight relegations, too.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
@NML @silverwheels @goblue96 @anyotherLiverpoolfansIforgot

So, what's ur thoughts? Liverpool is the heavy favorite (and deservedly so). Considering all that it took for Tottenham to make it this far, I'm just gonna try and to just enjoy the game on Saturday, no matter the result. It's so far ahead of schedule for Spurs to even be here at this point. This season has been a massive success regardless of what happens on Saturday.

-YTC

NML

@NML @silverwheels @goblue96 @anyotherLiverpoolfansIforgot

So, what's ur thoughts? Liverpool is the heavy favorite (and deservedly so). Considering all that it took for Tottenham to make it this far, I'm just gonna try and to just enjoy the game on Saturday, no matter the result. It's so far ahead of schedule for Spurs to even be here at this point. This season has been a massive success regardless of what happens on Saturday.

-YTC

I’d be both disappointed and surprised if Liverpool don’t win. Moreso than anything else, they are possibly the best team in the world (and, at worst, second) and that they could end the season with no trophies is awful.

They are (or maybe were) on good form, I think everyone will be fit and available, and they got a test run of this last year.

In conclusion, bet your mortgage on Spurs

NML

FIFA should really step in and lay the hammer down on an admin group having a major event at a terrible location just for money

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Go not-Arsenal!

This is gonna be a hilarious match. I genuinely have no idea what to expect.

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Refereeing team and VAR are a bunch of fucking idiots. If the goalkeeper touches the man and not the ball it's a fucking penalty 100% of the time. Looks like we're not winning this one. Must be Russian money riding on it.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yall are fools. The high up camera is the best. Was the only good thing about games at WHL.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The giant track on the side does give this the look of an Asian World Cup qualifier, though.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What a surprise, Arsenal can't beat a Top 5/6 team from the EPL!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
X+gracioso+10.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The best 90 seconds of Iwobi's entire career?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
To be honest, I was thinking if we won this and got into the Champions League, it would have justified Kroenke's shitty penny pinching. The only thing that will get him to either fuck off or invest will be to see the value of the team wiped out.

He's such a fucking moron. If we'd invested £100 million in players in January, we could have recouped most of that in Champions League qualification, and the club would be worth at least £700 million and not £450 million. He's made his money the easy way and has fuck all clue how to run a sports club.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Oh look Ozil taking on 3 defenders and being easily dispossessed. I think I'd rather see Leichstener at CM at this point.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
They're so fucking sloppy.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This guy has been really good for Chelsea again too

1559162423251.png

NML

Sarri going to finish third (to the best 1-2 finish in the history of the league), win the Europa League, make the finals of the League Cup, and still get sacked huh

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
To be honest, I was thinking if we won this and got into the Champions League, it would have justified Kroenke's shitty penny pinching. The only thing that will get him to either fuck off or invest will be to see the value of the team wiped out.

He's such a fucking moron. If we'd invested £100 million in players in January, we could have recouped most of that in Champions League qualification, and the club would be worth at least £700 million and not £450 million. He's made his money the easy way and has fuck all clue how to run a sports club.

Yeah, ugh. If the current roster just plays well, the scoreline is reverse. With $130m more in contracts, they can probably play subpar and still win this game. It's frustrating.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah, ugh. If the current roster just plays well, the scoreline is reverse. With $130m more in contracts, they can probably play subpar and still win this game. It's frustrating.

I think it's always a crapshoot with this team. The defence have to get lucky. We need 4 good players, and to offload a few. Kroenke's never going to give us the money that's needed. I'm praying that there's a half empty stadium by Christmas, as it's the only way anything changes.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The proposed 40M squiggly budget should be enough for one lightly used Ryan Shawcross.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think it's always a crapshoot with this team. The defence have to get lucky. We need 4 good players, and to offload a few. Kroenke's never going to give us the money that's needed. I'm praying that there's a half empty stadium by Christmas, as it's the only way anything changes.

Ozil is pretty useless IMO. He's a great player when he's on (see that pass to Kolasinac a few months ago that skipped over about 18 different players) but he's so fucking moody I'd rather have another player in the 10 who will do the HARD WORK WORK like Lucas does.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
He's made his money the easy way and has fuck all clue how to run a sports club.

Strangely, his NFL, NBA, and NHL teams are actually in really good shape and reasonably well-run right now. First time in his ownership that's true. Part of that is luck - the Rams somehow hiring McVay; a bunch of NFL teams are trying something similar, and it's definitely not going to work. Part of it is organizational changes they made a couple of years ago. The Nuggets and the Avs both have a good GM/management structure that have turned those teams around. It's honestly surprising.

The Rapids, though, are a fucking mess. On many levels.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Strangely, his NFL, NBA, and NHL teams are actually in really good shape and reasonably well-run right now. First time in his ownership that's true. Part of that is luck - the Rams somehow hiring McVay; a bunch of NFL teams are trying something similar, and it's definitely not going to work. Part of it is organizational changes they made a couple of years ago. The Nuggets and the Avs both have a good GM/management structure that have turned those teams around. It's honestly surprising.

The Rapids, though, are a fucking mess. On many levels.

A lot of commentators are suggesting he takes more of an interest in American sports, and that he sees Arsenal merely as a financial cashcow (which it was until he sucked the life out of it). Hopefully this is true, as there's no way that it keeps it's status/profitability/value with his current strategy, and he'll have to think about either completely changing his methods or selling up. I read somewhere that as soon as he took 100% ownership last year, he removed the free ice creams from the press office, which just about sums him up.