• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-19 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

That's fairly normal for them though.

Depends. If you only been around since Messi then yes. But if you remember finishing 6th in La Liga you've seen worse. He's definitely on the hot seat now.

I guess a lot of the flaws I mentioned about this Barcelona team got exposed tonight.

Barcelona boards are going to be fun tonight. I'm not even that mad really, just disappointed. There was no creativity or holding play in the midfield tonight. Vidal, Rakitic and Busquets at this age won't create much. Sergi Roberto shouldn't have started and I don't think Coutinho would have started either if Dembele didn't get hurt over the weekend. Barcelona has to go into this transfer window with the theory that it's better to sell a year too early (Dani Alves) than a year too late (Henry). I'd sell Rakitic, Suarez, Umtiti and even Jordi Alba.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

I literally only turned this on tonight because you reminded me of this. For that I thank you.

Reactions: NML

Snorky's Shame

Somewhat off-topic, but what's with all these huge leads being blown in Europe recently? PSG this year and 2017, Barcelona the last two years, not to mention Dortmund almost blowing a big lead in 2013, Real Madrid last year vs. Juventus, etc... I don't remember defending being in such horrible shape around Europe.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Suarez hasn't been class in a long time. Just saw 0 CL goals last 18 away matches. I'd sell him for anything I could get.

That midfield was just overrun. Vidal starting for Barca in MF = :laughing:

de Jong will be HUGE for Barcelona. You can't replace Iniesta/Xavi but he's as close as you will get. I think they need to drop 250 on Mbappe.

Snorky's Shame

Suarez hasn't been class in a long time. Just saw 0 CL goals last 18 away matches. I'd sell him for anything I could get.

That midfield was just overrun. Vidal starting for Barca in MF = :laughing:

de Jong will be HUGE for Barcelona. You can't replace Iniesta/Xavi but he's as close as you will get. I think they need to drop 250 on Mbappe.

I understood why Vidal started but he's simply a destroyer at this stage of his career. He isn't a great passer.

De Jong should walk on to this team next year. I'd put him in Busquets' position but he'll probably be in Rakitic's position to start. Arthur-Alena-De Jong is the midfield of the future for Barcelona.

Mbappe is a pipe dream unfortunately. He's going to Zidane and Madrid.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Somewhat off-topic, but what's with all these huge leads being blown in Europe recently? PSG this year and 2017, Barcelona the last two years, not to mention Dortmund almost blowing a big lead in 2013, Real Madrid last year vs. Juventus, etc... I don't remember defending being in such horrible shape around Europe.

It's like the 1960s all over again. Even Atletico Madrid blew a 2-0 lead. It's strange.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I understood why Vidal started but he's simply a destroyer at this stage of his career. He isn't a great passer.

De Jong should walk on to this team next year. I'd put him in Busquets' position but he'll probably be in Rakitic's position to start. Arthur-Alena-De Jong is the midfield of the future for Barcelona.

Mbappe is a pipe dream unfortunately. He's going to Zidane and Madrid.
I'm not sure de Jong's best position in a midfield. He's so good at passing and starting an attack him in Busquets' position makes sense. He can float up to a more advanced role too once you can organize possession so that he can provide "final" passes. You'd just need cover with him. Ajax does it with Schöne and I think FCB needs a similar pairing with him.

But as a player, he is made for Barca and as intelligent a MF as I've ever seen at his age. He will fix some of the issues today. But their biggest problem IMO is going forward other than Messi and maybe Suarez, who scares you?

Snorky's Shame

I'm not sure de Jong's best position in a midfield. He's so good at passing and starting an attack him in Busquets' position makes sense. He can float up to a more advanced role too once you can organize possession so that he can provide "final" passes. You'd just need cover with him. Ajax does it with Schöne and I think FCB needs a similar pairing with him.

But as a player, he is made for Barca and as intelligent a MF as I've ever seen at his age. He will fix some of the issues today. But their biggest problem IMO is going forward other than Messi and maybe Suarez, who scares you?

Dembele bailed Barcelona out a lot early in the year but he cannot stay healthy. I’m convinced he would have started today had he not gotten hurt at Celta. Instead Coutinho started and well, at this point it’s just best for both parties to start anew. I had high hopes for him but he just makes so many bad decisions on the ball. In the end, the same thing happened to him as with Arda Turan, his best position doesn’t exist at this club. He doesn’t dribble or pass well enough to be in the midfield and isn’t fast enough to be out on the wing.

Predictably people are calling for Valverde’s head and I agree that Arthur and especially Semedo should have started. The problem is if Valverde is fired (this board isn’t going to fire him) or resigns (more likely), you have two issues.

1) Who can you get? and
2) Who would want the job?

I think he gets one more year and then Xavi takes over.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Nothing less than deserved. This Ajax time is wrecking shop and I'd love to see them win it all.

-YTC

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Nothing less than deserved. This Ajax time is wrecking shop and I'd love to see them win it all.

-YTC

Liverpool could go 5-0 down in the final and still have the confidence to win it. Whoever gets there to play them is an also ran. Ajax have these sorts of teams every 10 years and they get dismantled and sold off within seconds of the end of the season. It's sad really.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Tadic is just undressing them

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wait, is there going to be a team in the UCL final with an African keeper...?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Fire Kieran Trippier into the sun.

And Victor Wanyama can slide into that same cannon.

-YTC

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Just as long as they don't play like Arsenal, it's a good look.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

giphy.gif