• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-19 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
It appears that Eredivisie is rescheduling an entire week's worth of matches to accommodate the Champions League semifinal for Ajax. Good on them.

-YTC

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
What is that on TSV Hartberg's shirt?

PhzO5qY.png

LMAO
w7apDfJ.png

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
So, what's the right emotion to have today?

-Nervous as hell because Spurs are a walking M.A.S.H unit and are gonna get run off the pitch by Ajax

or

-Spurs are playing with house money because they probably shouldn't be in this spot to begin with, so be at peace with the outcome

-YTC

Snorky's Shame

Good win for Ajax but with the way the game went Ajax might regret not scoring another goal. If only Neres’ shot didn’t hit the post.

As for Barcelona-Liverpool it’s a 50/50 tie. I’m really worried how Barcelona’s midfield and defense handle Liverpool’s press and front three. The midfield isn’t as fast as it used to be and I’m really worried about the right side if Sergi Roberto starts. I think it’s safe to say this isn’t a vintage Barcelona team despite the results domestically.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
All things considered, I'm thrilled that Spurs are only down 1-0 going into the 2nd leg. It's not probable, but there's still a chance. Getting back Son will be massive, and I think the game completely changed for Spurs once Sissoko came on.

Of course, with how things have been, I expect 4 players to catch the bubonic plague sometime between now and next Wednesday.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
All things considered, I'm thrilled that Spurs are only down 1-0 going into the 2nd leg. It's not probable, but there's still a chance. Getting back Son will be massive, and I think the game completely changed for Spurs once Sissoko came on.

Of course, with how things have been, I expect 4 players to catch the bubonic plague sometime between now and next Wednesday.

-YTC

I only saw the second half and box scores and highlights of the first half, but it didn't really seem like Tottenham troubled Onana that much. They would seem to have a chance, but then Ajax would block the shots. Their best chances were headers from set pieces, but they still couldn't hit the target. Ajax seemed to be a better final ball away from scoring multiple times. Only losing 1-0 with Son to come back is a great result given how the game went.

NML

How do we get de Ligt to Liverpool? My god, he and VVD would be sexy

Keep it within one, that’s what I’m hoping for today. They are so good at Anfield, just give yourself a chance headed home. Even a nil nil draw would have them massive favorites to me to me. 1-0 would be the only kinda scary scoreline

NML

Joe Gomez hasn’t started since Dec 2nd, when would be a good time to get him some minutes?

Semi final of the Champions League at Camp Nou?

I get it, he’s more defensive than TAA and you probably want that in this match, but WOOF that’s a tough first start back.

NML

Yeah so Gomez didn’t work out - who could’ve possibly predicted?!

Thought Liverpool were as good if not better but Barca has Messi and Pool don’t and that was the difference

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Haha. Ian Darke on BT Sport saying 4-0 probably would have ended the tie. Like 2-0 or 3-0 already hasn't.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
You can’t do five from 30 yards out

Yeah, maybe not, but then the wall still looked mispositioned. From that rear camera shot, you could see a gap between the post and the wall, which is also exactly where Messi went. Impossible to know for sure without seeing it from Allison's perspective, though. Also might not matter because it's Messi.

NML

Yeah my first thought was he didn’t cover that edge enough too, but when Messi does that I think you just :dunno:

Snorky's Shame

Liverpool weren’t bad. Mane should have done better with the chance he had in the first half and Milner and definitely Salah should have scored. Liverpool did a really good job of stopping Barcelona in the midfield as they turned the ball a lot in that area of the field.

A few years ago I would think this tie is over but PSG two years ago (for the good) and Roma last year (for the bad) have taught me otherwise.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Liverpool weren’t bad. Mane should have done better with the chance he had in the first half and Milner and definitely Salah should have scored. Liverpool did a really good job of stopping Barcelona in the midfield as they turned the ball a lot in that area of the field.

A few years ago I would think this tie is over but PSG two years ago (for the good) and Roma last year (for the bad) have taught me otherwise.

Dembele at the end, wooooooooof

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's weird to me to me to hear Ian Darke doing a European game.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Laca wtf are you doing hahaha

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Lacazette has now missed 2 or 3 chances that a beer league player would score. He must be concussed.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I did hear that they wanted to make Roma their Italian PSG, but I didn't think that meant they'd pull out of real PSG