• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK 2017-2018 Lithuanian Basketball Federation Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The team put together the series in order to get LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball playing time against other teenagers.

I wonder where else they could get this experience...hmmm...

My god, the guy writing this article had a lot of fun.

Vytautas plays in two different leagues: the Lithuanian league, which counts in the standings, and the Big Baller Brand. The team is 4-16 and in last place in the Lithuanian league, which features increased competition and older players than the Big Baller Challenge.

giphy.gif

NML

I didn't realize the games they actually played in were friendlies that Lavar paid for lol

They have a combined zero points in games that matter

Brick

How is he not going broke doing all this dumb shit? I guess Lonzo has to bankroll this operation.

Reactions: Wuf

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
How is he not going broke doing all this dumb shit? I guess Lonzo has to bankroll this operation.
He's honestly probably not spending much at all, but I dont think the dude was poor to begin with either. ESPN/Fox/ect are giving him all the media and advertising he needs for free. The 'BBB Challenge' crap is probably funded by whatever random team they signed with as part of their contract. Based on the lead time for any of the actual BBB products, they probably arent even being made until they have been paid for. For all the crap he deservingly gets, hes a really good person at marketing to idiots like @bruin

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
all it is, is another option mayne

there isnt a monopoly on overseas basketball

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I would love to know where LaVar's income came from before the circus. It has always baffled me.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
All I know is that he was on the Panthers practice squad back in 95 when they first joined the league. I'm sure that was a decent paycheck but hardly a way to amass a fortune.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
https://www.quora.com/How-did-LaVar...-age-in-their-current-house-a-big-house-in-CA

How did LaVar Ball get his money before the Big Baller Brand? There are images of the boys at a younger age in their current house, a big house in CA.

1 Answer

LaVar Ball
Updated Oct 20

How did I get my money? Earned it. Go earn your money then you get you a big house. It ain’t hard, but it’s hard. Only if it’s work.

The real answer is he didn't do shit. His wife is an AD and prolly makes 6 figures. They lived off that and now he is exploiting his kids. What a great dad!

Reel

Community Liaison
Not falling for it.

But, if that isn't a trap, then you need to look up the definition of exploit and then you will have answered your own question.
you say exploit, i say help provide an opportunity

:dunno:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
you say exploit, i say help provide an opportunity

:dunno:
How exactly has he helped them? Lonzo is by all accounts a very humble and polite young man, yet he is likely the most hated guy in the NBA because of his dad. The other one just lost out on a free education from UCLA and is sucking ass over in Lithuania. The third kid is supposed to be in high school and is also sucking ass in Lithuania and receiving no education so he can peddle shitty shoes.

How did anyone ever make it to the NBA without all that help from LAVAR?

Reel

Community Liaison
How exactly has he helped them? Lonzo is by all accounts a very humble and polite young man, yet he is likely the most hated guy in the NBA because of his dad. The other one just lost out on a free education from UCLA and is sucking ass over in Lithuania. The third kid is supposed to be in high school and is also sucking ass in Lithuania and receiving no education so he can peddle shitty shoes.

How did anyone ever make it to the NBA without all that help from LAVAR?

i think people are overestimating any impact he has had on Lonzo. Lonzo has by all counts, had a pretty good rookie year. Kuzma imo, is the one with more upside, but i dont think the lakers even thought he would be this good this soon. Lonzo has been playing well and I havent heard/read anything negative about his father as it relates to Lonzo.

Leangelo, in all likelihood was either be a 4 year player that maybe makes the league purely off his name as a late 2nd round, or he's in the G-League living off 10 day/2 way contracts hoping to stick. I think everyone agrees he is the least talented of the three.

As far as Melo, i mean, the jury is still out, but from the couple of AAU games i saw with him vs dudes who are going to be lottery picks in next summers draft, you could also make the case for him that he excels against lesser competition, but doesnt perform when the bright lights are on, but im sure his education will be fine. They can always get him a travel tutor. That seems to work with other kids in similar situations.

maybe this is ultimately the course their careers were going to go anyway. :dunno:...its still too early to tell

Now as far as the shoes, my only criticism of Lavar was how his company has handled the mismanagement of not honoring what they said when they initially pitched the idea for people to buy their shoes.

I appreciate the sentiment and even admire him doing something to buck the system, but at the end of the day, thats not a good look that still, by the things i've read, no one's shoes have been delivered.

Reel

Community Liaison
Why. Why are you like this.

i dont think I made my point clear as evidenced by the amount of grief im getting for my post

I was just trying to say that the more opportunities for players to have avenues outside of the NCAA is a good thing for those kids

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Lonzo has been playing well and I havent heard/read anything negative about his father as it relates to Lonzo.

Didn't even read past this. Ho lee fuk man are you serious? Now I know you are trolling. I don't even follow the NBA and the only stories I have heard about Lonzo relate to his father ripping the Lakers corches and making an ass out of hisself weekly.

Can you even name the father of a single other professional athlete that didn't already have fame prior to becoming the father of a pro? That should tell you something right there. This shit isn't normal and it is fucked up and exploitative.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
what?

until the NBA makes a legitimate alternative, BBB could be something viable for people to go play abroad or other overseas type programs
Why do you need BBB? You can go play overseas without any oversight necessary lol. Plus then you don't have to deal with a sexist, rude egomaniac!

CJ_24

Why do you need BBB? You can go play overseas without any oversight necessary lol. Plus then you don't have to deal with a sexist, rude egomaniac!
Or at least you wouldn't have to deal with an american sexist, rude egomaniac. They are playing in Europe after all. No shortage of sexist, rude egomaniacs there.

Reel

Community Liaison
Didn't even read past this. Ho lee fuk man are you serious? Now I know you are trolling. I don't even follow the NBA and the only stories I have heard about Lonzo relate to his father ripping the Lakers corches and making an ass out of hisself weekly.

Can you even name the father of a single other professional athlete that didn't already have fame prior to becoming the father of a pro? That should tell you something right there. This shit isn't normal and it is fucked up and exploitative.
im not trolling, i left out "LATELY"...i haven't seen/read anything

the last i saw was the luke walton thing which was what...3 weeks ago? I honestly dont know. The only things i have seen as it relates to LaVar was the Lithuania stuff with his other two sons. Thats not a troll, thats me being serious af, but maybe too, i just dont gaf like some of you seem to.

Reel

Community Liaison
i didnt say anyone needed BBB, i just said it was another alternative

if the kids choose to not use BBB, thats their prerogative. I won't pretend to know the intricacies of how they function over there, but i imagine they have limited roster spots as well, so in addition to cultivating their own talent, they also choose american kids to play as well. But what if there arent enough slots at any given time? Having BBB establish itself as a viable entity helps that to an extent.

Reel

Community Liaison
Lavar is like one of those mothers that dress their 5 year old daughters up like whores and take them to beauty pageants.
i disagree but it seems you just dislike him, and thats ok. You are entitled to feel the way you do.

Brick

@ou-11 get in here to explain to @Reel that there are pretty much unlimited opportunities to play abroad for any decent college player, let alone those who have the talent to make the NBA.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
i disagree but it seems you just dislike him, and thats ok. You are entitled to feel the way you do.
But when you disagree with facts, it really isn't ok.

The earth is round. If you disagree, that really isn't ok. It just makes you wrong.

He is exploiting his kids. If you disagree, you are just wrong.

And of course I don't like him. What is there to like?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I grew up with an overbearing father constantly trying to manipulate his children into becoming decorated mathematicians because he was too much of a pansy shit to step out of his own father's shadow and become his own man. The lingering resentment I've had regarding this has fucked with me for a long time.

So I take LaVar's parenting tactics personally, it's horribly obvious that he coached up his kids at basketball because he was such a spectacular failure (relatively to how he sees himself, anyway). I'm never gonna hate on somebody for being entrepreneurial in general, but this motherfucker has no credentials to suggest competence nor does he seem in touch with reality. The only people here that I see sticking up for him are the ones who seem to suggest that pandering to retards is a skill that deserves to be commended. But that's emblematic of American culture, unfortunately, shameless opportunists are considered "genius" and conscientious detractors are just fuckin HATERS BROOOOOOO

Reel

Community Liaison
@ou-11 get in here to explain to @Reel that there are pretty much unlimited opportunities to play abroad for any decent college player, let alone those who have the talent to make the NBA.
i dont think its as unlimited as you say, so maybe thats an exaggeration on your part, but lets say there are...again, whats wrong with more?

BBB is either gonna attract some and gain popularity or fade into oblivion b/c no one wants to play for anything associated with Ball

im fine with either of these outcomes

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni

The earth is round. If you disagree, that really isn't ok. It just makes you wrong.

The statement "He is exploiting his kids" is not a fact. It is an opinion.

-YTC

Reel

Community Liaison

well we are looking at it from two different sets of lenses

do I agree with his antics and tactics? no. I do feel he could've handled this a LOT better than he has, but maybe the way he has acted is the reason people are doing business with him in the first place.

all 3 of their sons have their own signature shoe. I think thats dope af. They might not be aesthetically appealing and thats ok. That can always be solved. They might not ever be at a price point where more regular everyday folk who want to support will buy them, and im ok with that as well

But he's created some nice business opportunities for his sons, that, with the exception of Lonzo, might not have happened otherwise.

I personally think the entire BBB name is corny, but hey, he is taking advantage of an opportunity being presented to him. I hope he succeeds on that level, but if he doesnt, then he can say he tried.

Reel

Community Liaison
BBB isn’t an option doe... not unless ur last name is Ball
serious question, can you predict the future in 5 years? how do you know BBB wont continue to grow and it becomes a viable option?

Reel

Community Liaison
I grew up with an overbearing father constantly trying to manipulate his children into becoming decorated mathematicians because he was too much of a pansy shit to step out of his own father's shadow and become his own man. The lingering resentment I've had regarding this has fucked with me for a long time.

So I take LaVar's parenting tactics personally, it's horribly obvious that he coached up his kids at basketball because he was such a spectacular failure (relatively to how he sees himself, anyway). I'm never gonna hate on somebody for being entrepreneurial in general, but this motherfucker has no credentials to suggest competence nor does he seem in touch with reality. The only people here that I see sticking up for him are the ones who seem to suggest that pandering to retards is a skill that deserves to be commended. But that's emblematic of American culture, unfortunately, shameless opportunists are considered "genius" and conscientious detractors are just fuckin HATERS BROOOOOOO

so all three of his sons are lying when they say that he never forced them to play basketball?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I haven't read anything regarding their thoughts on the matter because I only hear from LaVar and I could give a fuck what he says about anything. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them wasn't too keen on it, I mean LiAngelo was forced to thank Trump publicly after the China thing and it was a pretty robotic performance. I don't expect them to publicly diss their father regardless, is what I'm saying.

But you're right, I don't REALLY know what they want, I'm talking from my own personal experience growing up as well as my siblings. I believe they love their father but are too naive to realize this Walter White "I DO THIS FOR MY FAMILY" shit is really all about him.