• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Makes sense if the rumors about his comments tilting kawhi are true.
I don't think that had anything to do with it. Parker wanted a defined role, something he wasn't really getting with the Spurs once DJ Murray took the starting role. Murray, White, and even Mills are more effective at this point or will be soon.

Sucks to see him go but like Pop said last year.. it's time.

NML

Well his value is at its peak right now - coming off his best season and locked down in his contract.

I don’t think Portland would turn down a massive offer if someone had one (no clue what kind of package LA or NY could put together)

sayo

YEET
Idk. Why would you trade him? There's no indication that he wants out (these reports seem questionable at best) and he seems to like it here.

NML

Because you want to win a championship? Not that that has to be ur reason for making moves, but to me to me it’s clear they won’t win one with this roster. If they want to make a run once GSW slows down vs just being a consistent playoff team now (which, again, I don’t necessarily think is the right call), then trading him over CJ is going to give you more value.

I have no idea what kind of value they could expect back. Ingram, Lonzo, and a few picks? I don’t know enough about Ingram’s game to say but that seems to be a decent starting point.

He did say he’d be happy if traded to LA, which isn’t a big deal but also weird for him to randomly respond to such a question of twitter

sayo

YEET
He said "he's always a happy camper" when someone asked him if he'd be happy to go to the Lakers.

I don't think that's enough to panic trade a ~top 10 player.

sayo

YEET
I mean, if they can somehow end up with Kawhi and Dame, that's a dangerous squad. I just don't see Portland doing it. The fans would riot.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Idk. Why would you trade him? There's no indication that he wants out (these reports seem questionable at best) and he seems to like it here.
Blazers are in cap hell. They have some of the worst contracts in the league and are totally stuck. They had a gr8 year then got swept by AD. If Lillard is your best player, you aren't winning anything.

If you could combine him with one of those awful deals, get young players/picks, I'd consider it. They just look stuck right now without much chance to get better.

NML

They have some bad contracts, but they’re all off the books in just two seasons. If you are trading Dame, you’d rather just eat the money. And look to be great in 2020+

sayo

YEET
Yep. All their bad contracts are up around the time you'd think the other west powers will have trended downwards. Why not keep a superstar who will probably age well (good shooter and playmaker) and try to develop what you have and maybe add a star when those bums are off the books?

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Liberal use of “superstar”.

Also, do you trust the same people who gave Evan Turner 70 million to do positive things when the bums THEY signed are off the books?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
They will be garbo when 31st pick Elie Okobo comes into his own as the next Tony Parker

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NML

Liberal use of “superstar”

giphy.gif

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Devin Booker to a max deal is so Suns. Overrated by everyone in Phoenix IMO.

I get he's only 21 so there's a lot of room to grow but I feel that he isn't going to be the star everyone here thinks he is

Saw his stats and Zach Levine's stats are damn near identical

Was very surprised

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
They have some bad contracts, but they’re all off the books in just two seasons. If you are trading Dame, you’d rather just eat the money. And look to be great in 2020+
Yeah good point... you should just eat the bad deals if you trade Dame.

I'd trade him... Point Guards usually don't age well and I think it'd be hard to attract a star to Portland. This is his peak value. When all of those deals expire he'll be 30.

If they could get Ingram + other stuff from the ERrrRRrZZz, I'd jump on it. Him + CJ are both great but not a great combo as a back court. Not enough defense/size.

NML

What the hell does Toronto have to make that work? Unless there was just no interest otherwise (and if he was only headed east). Why would SA take on DeRozan’s contract?

My only concern for Toronto is I’m not sure this puts them above Boston (or Philly), and if they had to trade away depth and/or picks, if/when he walks next year, they are going to be awful for a long time.