• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Brick

1-0!
39d70b9030b4c6537e3406860a4912a7.jpg

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I guess in news everyone missed, Louisiana-Lafayette fired Mark Hudspeth @fiz

Kent State also showed their coach, Paul Haynes, the door. Had 2 players die during the preseason under his watch, that's rough.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The only reason this is so funny to me is because it is @Brick's team. The fact that he is the nutopian who is definitely the most angered by this horrible shtick, and that it is his team associated with it, is just too hilarious. The only thing that would be more hilarious at this point is if Matt Walsh or JOSH FIRESTEIN was named head corch of Oregon.

giphy.gif

Skeeter

Uber felon
Who knows, but I hope they fight it all the way to trial and tell him to fuck off.
According to the doc they owe him 75%, so 20 million. In keeping with the clown show narrative UT is trying to claim the AD isn't a "University official" so it's not binding. Good luck with that.

I expect they settle out of court in the 2.5 mill range. Just a guess.

NML

I get the “defending a guy because he wears my team’s uniform” mindset, but even for Ohio, rooting for Schiano is a weird position to take

Skeeter

Uber felon
Im really just rooting against UT at this point. I really had no strong feelings on him and kept my mouth shut, until pawpaw got self righteous about it and acted like the bullshit the ut twitterverse pulled was a good thing.

So I started playing devil's advocate.

Does schiano have direct ties to child diddling? Who knows. None more than every other coach from psu over the last 30 years. I expect he was heavily vetted before being offered the job at both schools.

Is UT some bastion if moralism? I mean they hired back Fulmer for fucks sake. Their Golden boy used to teabag the training staff and UT assassinated her character when she cried foul.

What can I say...pawpaw triggered me.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It was a good thing. He is a shitty coach and a shitty person. I did not want him leading the team I root for and neither did 95% of other Vol fans. I fail to see why that isn't a good thing.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
It was a good thing. He is a shitty coach and a shitty person. I did not want him leading the team I root for and neither did 95% of other Vol fans. I fail to see why that isn't a good thing.

I agree with the bolded. All of that was absolutely true absent any ties to PSU.

I think anOSU fans are upset about it, because they want to be rid of him as well.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I agree with the bolded. All of that was absolutely true absent any ties to PSU.

I think anOSU fans are upset about it, because they want to be rid of him as well.

-YTC
100% agree. The tangential Sandusky ties are just icing on the cake. There is plenty of hard evidence out there to support what kind of person and coach he is. Not to mention he would be a terrible fucking fit at Tennessee and has zero SEC ties. Tennessee didn't need to go from one insecure Midwestern asshole to another one. Schiano is basically Butch Jones on steroids in the personality and stupid sayings department.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
100% agree. The tangential Sandusky ties are just icing on the cake. There is plenty of hard evidence out there to support what kind of person and coach he is. Not to mention he would be a terrible fucking fit at Tennessee and has zero SEC ties. Tennessee didn't need to go from one insecure Midwestern asshole to another one. Schiano is basically Butch Jones on steroids in the personality and stupid sayings department.

My only issue has been with the UT fans that use those tangential ties as the primary reason they didn't want him. Far be it from UT to suddenly become a bastion of morality. Just stick to the footbaw corching abilities (or lack thereof), and continue to not care about any morality related to footbaw, Vols.

-YTC

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Schiano should get MRSA on his dick.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well the pedophile thing was what got the people with actual decision making power to stop it. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Well the pedophile thing was what got the people with actual decision making power to stop it. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

True enough, I guess. Just weird watching that fan base make a morality play, but it was definitely for the right reasons.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
LSU is one of only 2 schools that has a "General Manager" position for their football team. Tennessee just hired their GM. I think basically all these guys do is scout and recruit, but I have no idea really.