• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016 MLB: AL & NL West Thread

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Time again for the thread dedicated to baseball where there's no snow. More or less.

Things to look forward to this season:
-The Angels high priced hitters remembering how to hit (hopefully)
-Orlando and pavel arguing over whether the Padres are completely hopeless or just mildly hopeless
-The Doyers going on a run and then flaming out in the playoffs again
-The Astros.......:laughing: nevermind
-Cano having a steep decline in production after leaving that bandbox of a stadium, and Seattle fans experiencing what Halos fans felt after Pujols' first year. And Hamilton's.

What else?

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
He good. I believe I just heard that he signed a 1-year, $1m contract. Angels are apparently still postponing that inevitable massive pay day.

Pay dat man heez money. And do it now, before he gets irritated and is more inclined to look elsewhere.

osick87

Community Liaison
The rumor is 6 yrs 150 mil. That would mean he's a FA at 28-29 which will be ridiculous.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I am somewhat optimistic about the Padres this year because they finally seem to have invested in getting younger. The division is too strong though and the Padres training staff has to be the worst in baseball.

doyers fans have to think anything but a title is a failure.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Rockies have some talent, but their brittleness and lack of depth in the lineup will be their undoing. The Fowler trade was the most ridiculous move of the offseason. They let a guy who is liftime 270/365/423 go for a bag of baseballs. They're hoping to replace him with young guys who are 290/320/410 hitters. At the top of the lineup. Ugh. Meanwhile, all of their above average offensive players are as fragile as I am (Tulo, CarGo, Cuddyer). And who the hell knows about their pitching.

bruin

doyers fans have to think anything but a title is a failure.

if this squad can just stay somewhat healthy, then geez. Kemp still hasn't been cleared to run. Can't depend on him anymore. Which was so comical in the offseason of the rumors trading Ethier or Crawford. Rotation is sick and the bullpen might be the best in the majors.

Wooly

Rockies have some talent, but their brittleness and lack of depth in the lineup will be their undoing. The Fowler trade was the most ridiculous move of the offseason. They let a guy who is liftime 270/365/423 go for a bag of baseballs. They're hoping to replace him with young guys who are 290/320/410 hitters. At the top of the lineup. Ugh. Meanwhile, all of their above average offensive players are as fragile as I am (Tulo, CarGo, Cuddyer). And who the hell knows about their pitching.

Sounds like another year of the same for the Rockies. You never know what to expect or what will happen. There pitching is always a project at best, dumpster fire at worst. But I still feel better pulling for my "local" small to medium market team than some money bags team. My brother is always trying to get me to follow the Dodgers like when we were kids in SoCal, but I just can't do that. They are the Yankees of the West now.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I will get completely bombed at Petco at least once. The team will be terrible. I don't have cable, so I will probably only watch 5-10 games all year. It's been this way for almost 10 years at this point. Good times

worst2first

It would be nice if Jurickson Profar has a break out year. Hopefully he gets completely healthy soon so he can get plenty of work at second base before the season starts.

bruin

shoot, it's almost here. doyers open up two weeks from tomorrow from the land down under.

it's our year baby.

thing is, 2 games in Australia, then come home for the freeway series (exhibitions) then opening day. prob not even sending Kersh or Greinke to Aussie.

bruin

Dodgers took the 2 game sweep in Australia v Arizona.

Any day now DirecTV and SportsNet LA shoud make deal....

Brick

Tmang are you at this Angels opening night game? Swear to gawd I just saw a close up of ur wife and daughter with you holding the child. @TrojanMan

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Lol. Utopia face blindness and raycess. All us SoCal white people look the same to you, huh?

I'm on my couch watching the game.

worst2first

I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of this from the Rangers until some guys get healthy in a couple of months.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
dat Rainbow Trout will be godly again. It's old man Pujols, meth head Hamilton and Freese that need to do something. And dat bullpen.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Felix Hernandez is my favorite pitcher now

My brother's gf claims that he has a pitbull tattooed on his neck, but it looked more like a monster to me to me to me

@Mame YO

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
The Angels hitting coach broke his leg catching the first pitch. Wat.

Yep. They had a ceremony for Vlad last night. Signed a 1 day contract so he can retire as an Angel, then threw the first pitch. It sort of crossed up Baylor and he tweaked his ankle and didn't move. Vlad tried to help him up, and he took a step and collapsed.

....cut to commercial....

Brick

Anything anti-gay but gayer in sports than players signing one day contracts to retire with a team? lmfao