• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look 2016 Bold Predictions thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I witnessed two years of DeBord offenses, so I feel your pain. He literally had one running play - a zone stretch - while he was at Michigan. I'm honestly not sure they ran any other running play.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I think they could be a consistent 8+ win team like a Wisconsin, or hell, Nebraska. Ferentz has been there 17 years and has had only 8 seasons where he's won 8 or more games. And his football is just so damn boring. There is nothing fun about watching an Iowa game. Mike DeBord calls a more aggressive game than Greg Davis.

But, I do think it's a fair point. I would just be depressed as an Iowa fan.
It was pretty fun watching McCaffrey go all Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl on them last year.

Brick

I have no problem with Ferentz staying at Iowa. But, the next time someone talks about him being one of the most underrated and/or best coaches in the country, punch them in the mouth. During one of their lean in-between seasons, watch a few of their games and tell me how great he is. Being a fan of his teams has to be boring. I guess it's not that much different than being a Nashnul fan, tho.

He is probably the best that program could do since he has stuck around for a long time and established a winning culture. If he gets the perfect season without injuries and the right mix of experience, a few talented players, and a favorable schedule the formula is there to have a great season. So much has to go right, though.

These contract extensions, though. Talk about complacency. Feels like he's built a culture where they're okay with having several boring, average seasons. Do you think Ferentz is going to insert a dynamic player on offense at QB or change his scheme significantly to win one or two more games over teams with a huge talent edge? Nope. He is like the poor man's Dantonio, whom I'm sure the majority his players would never fuck with.

I feel like old stubborn @Wooly offense coaches like Dantonio, Saban, Harbaugh have adjusted to the times. Guys like Miles and Ferentz are too conservative to make changes on offense because they're so tied to winning their way.

Soonerfan09

Houston looked really good (Ed Oliver is the real deal), but OU has a lot to work on. A lot of people think the defense was the problem, and it was in the first half (to an extent, stupid penalties were a bigger problem), but the game plan was to make Greg Ward Jr. win with his arm, and that's what he did. OU completely shut down Houston's run game, which is surprising considering how they usually play against dual-threat QBs. Houston mastered the back-shoulder throw and OU's defensive backs either aren't good enough to defend it, or weren't prepared to defend it (probably a lot of both).

Offensively, Riley got away from the run game (12 combined carries for Mixon and Perine.....what. the. fuck.), Mayfield couldn't make a decision/passed up open receivers trying to make a big play, and the offensive line had their hands full the entire game. I couldn't see enough of what was going on downfield to tell if the receivers weren't getting open at all, but Mayfield made some comments saying they were open and he just didn't get them the ball, so I'll go with that for now.

Houston is really talented and well coached. I would not be surprised to see them go undefeated.
OU has a lot of issues that better get fixed soon, or they might be 1-3 going into Dallas.

Brick

ohio state is the only undefeated team going into the playoff and dui guy wins heisman
neither clemson nor oklahoma win their conferences, much less make the playoff
usc goes 6-6 and twitter corch is fired; next corch hired via snapchat donor campaign
shitty committee lets blue blood 2 loss non-conference champ program in playoff over 1 loss bcs conference champ; media agrees vehemently like it's common sense
leonard fournette tears acl or some other horrible injury; les miles fired before bowl game
boise state runs the table but barely cracks top 10 of playoff committee rankings
i break my tv trying to punch heather dinich through the screen for slurping committee
@kella remembers he has a remote control and doesn't have to watch any commercials since there are 100 games on at a time
washington and tennessee don't make their conference championship games (apparently this is bold?)
@Travis7401

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Michigan does not look like a top 4 team at all, unless Colorado is somehow a top 15 one. Is Speight a freshman? He looks horrible under any sort pressure and has a lot of improving to do if they're going to beat MSU and OSU. In the first quarter, he threw 4-5 desperation balls that were begging to be picked. They look like the same team as last year. Decent offense, great defense that has a lot of trouble with spread teams. 10-2, I think.

Will be undefeated and relentlessly jerked off by ESPN until Dantonio makes Harbaugh eat his boogers.

Michigan (and accidental CU) prediction in week 3 wasn't bad

R2D2

• UCF becomes East Oregon, and Scott Frost finishes with a 10-2 record his first year while winning the AAC.
  • Georgia Tech shuts out Boston College week one in Ireland, prompting them to have an Ireland campus.
  • Rutgers, led by the GAWD Chris Ash, finish 9-3 in his first year with a Big Ten title appearance and loss to champion Harbaugh 78-2.
  • Barry Sanders Jr. and Oklahoma State start the season 9-0, before getting upset by Texas Tech in double OT.
  • Nobody from the C-USA has a winning record, the conference folds and all teams go to FCS.
  • PJ Fleck and Western Michigan dominate the MAC, go undefeated, win the conference, and finish the season with a #6 ranking.
  • Colorado State fails to win a single game, and @bruin228 pisses in @Travis7401 bushes.
  • Mike Leach punches Chris Petersen in the face after the Huskies beat him 55-24.
  • Auburn, and Last Chance U star John Franklin win the SEC.
  • Everybody from the Sun Belt has to forfeit their seasons after Donald Trump gives a player a free hat.
  • Notre Dame finishes the season 3-9, and Brian Kelly takes over the Dallas Cowboys.

• UCF finished 6-6.
  • Georgia Tech barely beat Boston College 17-14 in week one.
  • The GAWD Chris Ash and his Rutgers team finished 2-10. Harbaugh not champion.
  • Idk about Barry Sanders Jr. anymore but I do know Oklahoma Lt are 9-2.
  • Damn you Western Kentucky, Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana Tech, UTSA, Southern Miss!
  • PJ Fleck and Western Michigan could still possibly finish #6...
  • Colorado State has won six games so far, but I still think @bruin228 should piss in @Travis7401 bushes.
  • Chris Petersen beat Mike Leach in the face 45-17.
  • Lol I don't think John Franklin even played for Auburn.
  • This one is still up in the air.
  • 4-8, but Brian Kelly might still coach an NFL team. (Looking at you Cleveland)

Skeeter

Uber felon
It's time for your 2016 bold predictions.
As a B1G honk I'll start there.

tOSU goes through the regular season at 11-1 loses to Oklahoma in a nailbiter and rolls the rest of the B1G and then makes it to the playoffs.

UM - stumbles this year and falls to 9-3 even with a very favorable schedule, no true QB threat emerges and they suffer with sub-par OLine and LB play.

Nebraska rolls through the west and finishes 10-2.

other conferences:
PAC12 is won by RR at Arizona
SEC west- LSU finds a QB that is comptent and wins the west. Alabalamba on the outside looking in with 2 losses.

SEC east - heavy favorite UT can't get it done, and UGA with a real coaches finally cashes in on all that talent.
My b1g predictions were pretty damn close.

My everything else predictions could neVA be more wrong.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Only one: App State wins 1 of 2 between @Tennessee and home against Miami
Totally blew it against an overrated Tennessee team. Satterfield's clock management bit them in the ass against Troy as well. No New Orleans for me

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I watch an entire game prior to the playoffs
I didn't even come close to this. I was in front of UM/MSU for the whole game but not paying any attention really.

Renegade

Charge on!
  • UCF finished 6-6.
  • Georgia Tech barely beat Boston College 17-14 in week one.
  • The GAWD Chris Ash and his Rutgers team finished 2-10. Harbaugh not champion.
  • Idk about Barry Sanders Jr. anymore but I do know Oklahoma Lt are 9-2.
  • Damn you Western Kentucky, Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana Tech, UTSA, Southern Miss!
  • PJ Fleck and Western Michigan could still possibly finish #6...
  • Colorado State has won six games so far, but I still think @bruin228 should piss in @Travis7401 bushes.
  • Chris Petersen beat Mike Leach in the face 45-17.
  • Lol I don't think John Franklin even played for Auburn.
  • This one is still up in the air.
  • 4-8, but Brian Kelly might still coach an NFL team. (Looking at you Cleveland)

We had 4 close losses where we choked leads late. You were damned near on the money.