• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Recruiting

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Use this thread for Season 3 Recruiting discussion.

The scholarship limit is Seniors+2 once again.

Arkansas - 17
Tennessee - 17
TCU - 9
Georgia - 14
Nebraska - 20

Last edited:

RamesuThe1

@TXHusker05 having 28 guys graduate last season I'm sitting with 68 players only 5 of whom are seniors. Can I get 2 more scholarships to make up the difference to 70? I didn't cut anyone during cuts. Not a big deal, I'll deal with 7 scholarships if the answer is no.

Otherwise
Srs -5
Limit - 7

Last edited:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@TXHusker05 having 28 guys graduate last season I'm sitting with 68 players only 5 of whom are seniors. Can I get 2 more scholarships to make up the difference to 70? I didn't cut anyone during cuts. Not a big deal, I'll deal with 7 scholarships if the answer is no.

Otherwise
Srs -5
Limit - 7

Yeah you can add the 2 more to get up to 68. I am way under 70 players as well but my senior count is pretty high.

Feel free to go up to 9.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska signs its first recruit of the season.

4* #11 MLB Michael Goodwin from San Angelo, Texas. 6'2" 250lbs. 77 OVR (+5). Really good linebacker in a class where I desperately need linebackers. 80 SPD 89 ACC. If I completely flame out on all 5 of my DE targets, this guy could potentially drop down to DE because of his size but I doubt that will happen. Nebraska beat out rival Oklahoma for Goodwin.

Next week is Nebraska's huge recruiting week. Every single visit eligible player is visiting next week vs rival Colorado. If it goes well, Nebraska could sign more than half their class next week.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska's big recruiting weekend was a success as the Huskers signed 8 recruits bringing the total to 9 on the season.

5* #1 HB Jermaine Fry from Fullerton, California. 5'11" 209. 82 OVR (+2). Has the potential to be a really good I-Back. 90 SPD, 85 AGI, 88 ACC, 80 BTK, 86 TRK, 80 SFA, 89 SPM, 87 JKM and a pretty good pass catcher as well. I'm pretty young at IB but I imagine this guy will crack the rotation pretty quickly.

4* #27 ATH Jared Carter from East Orange, New Jersey. 5'10" 183. 81 OVR (+7). Not really sure what to do with this guy. His ratings show that he is a receiver with 80 CTH, 82 SPC, 79 CIT and 84 RTE but I'm loaded at receiver. He does have some QB ratings, 90 THP/79 THA and decent carry ratings to go with 90 SPD but that isn't the type of QB I'm really looking for. Guessing I'll just leave him at WR.

4* #7 DE Matt Chase from Nichols Hills, Oklahoma. 6'4" 259. 80 OVR (+4). This guy is a beast. 80 SPD, 84 Power Move, all his tackle ratings are 80+. He is the best of 3 DEs in this class (so far) and will be a day one starter as my top two DE this year graduate.

4* #3 DE Will Meyers from Fremont, Nebraska. 6'7" 244. 79 OVR (+1). This guy isn't as quick as Chase, but even more powerful with incredibly good tackle and finesse move ratings. He could potentially work into the DL rotation as a freshman, but I imagine he will probably just redshirt.

4* #26 ATH Robert Harris from Berwick, Louisiana. 6'5" 254. 79 OVR (+4). I'm not really sure what this guy is supposed to be. 72 SPD, really good defensive ratings. I would imagine he's a DE. He'd probably end up being depth for me there or could drop down to tackle since I have a need there.

5* #5 WR Andy Cook from Russellville, Alabama. 6'3" 196. 77 OVR. Really do not need receivers but 93 SPD and 94 JMP on a 6'3" receiver is tough to turn down.

4* #14 DE Jacob Williams from Pine Lake, Washington. 6'2' 240. 76 OVR (+3). Another depth DE. I like him more than the last two listed just because of his 87 power move rating but he's probably just a depth DE for me.

4* #1 OLB Chris Jackson from Sylacauga, Alabama. 6'3" 222. 76 OVR (-3). Despite being a -3 player, this guy could be damn awesome at LB for me. Solid cover LB with 84 SPD and 99 ACC. Not the best tackler in the world but my LBs are usually coverage guys and I desperately needed LBs. He's the 2nd of the class and I still need more.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
4*, (78 OVR), DE Leon Davis
4*, (77 OVR), WR Lenny O'Neill
3*, (79 OVR), G Scott Harris, JUCO-SO

Have signed 6 of my allotted 17. This is going to be a great class.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Who gives a shit?

Joking! LoL

silky-johnson.jpg

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Couple more recruits for Nebraska, both on the defensive side of the ball.

4* #4 DE Erik Banks from Costa Mesa, California. 6'3" 262. 76 OVR (-1). 75 SPD 85 ACC. This guy seems awfully big for a DE but the ratings are solid. For those who lost count, that is the 5th DE of the class including a DE/ATH. This guy may move inside to DT since I have a need there.

4* #8 OLB Brett Long from Avon Lake, Ohio. 6'4" 229. 75 OVR (+1). 79 SPD, 90 ACC and solid tackle ratings but some awful coverage ratings. He's an OLB officially but I will probably slide him inside to MLB where I have just 1 scholarship player returning.

Walter323

Dawgs sign 2 after visits.

*3 George Blanco
5-11 182
JRJucoIcon.png

OVR:78 (+2)
#1410 ( #39 SS)

I am in desperate need of a SS. Possibly will move a FS or CB over but Blanco will fit in if that doesnt work. He will fit in well in the 4-2-5. Great tackler and has 97 Press Coverage. Can play him close to the line and not be afraid to put him in man to man

*5 Willie Curry
6-4 220
top150.png

OVR:78 (+1)
#12 ( #7 ATH)

Not real sure of where to put Currie. I am loaded at FS and pretty deep at WR but would love to have that size at either. Depends on what else gets signed. More than likely will be a WR and redshirt.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Couple more recruits for Nebraska, bringing the total to 13.

4* #8 QB Adam Williams from Franklin, Indiana. 6'1" 190. 79 OVR (+6). Not really what I have been looking for at QB, but a solid option. 88 SPD, 84 THP, 78 THA. He should develop into a solid QB but for now he's just a depth option.

4* #26 HB Trey Cameron from Hurst, Texas. 6'0" 207. 77 OVR (+8). Power back. 85 SPD, 89 ACC, 81 BTK, 80 SFA, 80 ELU, 80 SPM, 89 JKM. Seems like he's really talented but a slow back isn't really the best fit.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Another two recruits have decided to play their college careers in Nebraska bringing Nebraska's class to 15.

5* #8 WR Dion Summers from Mankato, Minnesota. 6' 187. 78 OVR (+2). Another possession guy, 88 SPD but really great catch ratings. I could use a solid possession guy but I am going to be close to 10 deep at receiver this next year and as a team that spends most of its time in 12/21 personnel, that may not be helpful.

3* #41 CB Chris Russell from Gunnison, Colorado. 6'3" 197. 69 OVR (+1). At 69 OVR he's more of a depth guy, but at 91 speed and 6'3" I think he could develop into something. I've struggled with undersized corners in this conference since the start so a 6'3" corner with the speed to hang with just about everyone is going to be very helpful. Decent high 70s cover ratings as well. A few years down the road he'll be a very good corner.

6 spots left in this class, not too late for some Arkansas recruits to realize how horrible it will be to play for Coach @NavyHog and come over to Nebraska.

Walter323

Georgia Signs 2 More

*3 Chris Booth
#342 ( #23 T)
6-8 313
OVR:75 (+4)

Booth comes from Warren, MI and will be a nice with the the Bulldog offense. Booth is a punishing run blocker that is a little raw in pass blocking skills. Booth will red shirt and play a key roll in depth for a year before seeing significant playing time. Also had an offer from Auburn but in the end he decided on Georgia due to the amount of inbreeds in the state of Alabama.

*4 Johnathan Brown
#270 ( #15 MLB)
6-0 222
OVR:76 (+4)

Brown was plucked from Albertville, AL. Brown will be an instant starter after his red shirt year. There are 3 upperclassmen who will be graduation next year at the MLB position. One more MLB would be nice for depth. Will possibly move a safety down or a OLB over to the middle for depth. Also had an offer from Auburn but despite their better record, Brown didn't want to be associated with a dirty program.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Have signed 16. Just one more future Hog to go until I hit my mark.

Will probably not happen until the off-season.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
One more recruit has elected to join the top recruiting class in the nation.

2* #115 G (JUCO) Jamaal Jude from Hayward, California. 6'4" 292. 71 OVR (+4). Solid run blocker at 81 RBK and decent pass and impact block skills. Doubt he ever plays but OL depth never hurts.

RamesuThe1

TCU's Class Takes Shape - 7 total signed, 2 spots left.

(5 Star) #21 - (#6 WR) - Justin Browning - 6-2, 204 from Cleburne, TX
(4 Star) #213 - (#11 OT) - Ben Pittman - 6-5, 307 from Plainview, TX
(4 Star) #109 - (#3 OT) - Mike Smith - 6-8, 291 from Layfayette, IN
(4 Star) #115 - (#33 ATH) - Kyle Edwards - 6-0, 210 from Haltom City, TX
(4 Star) #103 - (#1 OG) - Marques Rose - 6-5, 344 from Canyon Rim, UT
(4 Star) #69 - (#1 MLB) - Clint Johnson - 6-0, 239 from Lufkin, TX
(4 Star) #70 - (#29 ATH) - Joe Clement - 6-4, 193 from Lodi, CA

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
TCU's Class Takes Shape - 7 total signed, 2 spots left.

(5 Star) #21 - (#6 WR) - Justin Browning - 6-2, 204 from Cleburne, TX
(4 Star) #213 - (#11 OT) - Ben Pittman - 6-5, 307 from Plainview, TX
(4 Star) #109 - (#3 OT) - Mike Smith - 6-8, 291 from Layfayette, IN
(4 Star) #115 - (#33 ATH) - Kyle Edwards - 6-0, 210 from Haltom City, TX
(4 Star) #103 - (#1 OG) - Marques Rose - 6-5, 344 from Canyon Rim, UT
(4 Star) #69 - (#1 MLB) - Clint Johnson - 6-0, 239 from Lufkin, TX
(4 Star) #70 - (#29 ATH) - Joe Clement - 6-4, 193 from Lodi, CA

Don't have to spend to much on the recruiting budget with almost all of your guys from Texas.