• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Honest question: Miles went 114-34 at LSU. If that wasn't good enough to keep him from getting fired, why would anyone want that job?

-0-5 against Bama which was probably, in all likelihood, gonna got to 0-6 this year

-very predictable offense

-bad time management

-eats grass

want me to keep going?

nofx94

-0-5 against Bama which was probably, in all likelihood, gonna got to 0-6 this year

-very predictable offense

-bad time management

-eats grass

want me to keep going?
The grass is hardly the problem. Think it's probably just Bama and the offense. Lol.

I thought Les was due out after the loss, but I didn't predict this immediacy.

Coach O was a good interim for USC. I think he might have a better chance at the LSU job long-term than he did at USC.

I hope Clay Helton makes it through this and next season. And gets the squad to win a fucking game.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

coogrfan

To be clear, I fully understand that Herman will more than likely leave for a better job. I'm just not sold on the notion that LSU is the best situation he will be offered.

Texas, USC and Notre Dame could all be in play by the end of the year. All three of those are better jobs than LSU, if for no other reason than the fact that they wouldn't be in the same division as Saban.

Reel

Community Liaison
To be clear, I fully understand that Herman will more than likely leave for a better job. I'm just not sold on the notion that LSU is the best situation he will be offered.

Texas, USC and Notre Dame could all be in play by the end of the year. All three of those are better jobs than LSU, if for no other reason than the fact that they wouldn't be in the same division as Saban.

saban isnt unbeatable, hell, they almost lost to Ole miss for the 3rd straight year until Ole miss forgot how to football but it wasnt looking good for them for at least the first half of the game. If you couple any loss to ole miss with at least a loss or two to LSU, thats 2 losses on the year for Alabama. They have chinks in their armor too, but that doesnt take away that they are a really good footbaw team, just not invincible.

and didnt Notre Dame just lose to a non FBS school last week? The only place where ND is a better job than LSU is in South Bend.

I'm totally just pulling this out of the air (since we're at the bar) but I think Miles ooc record was pretty good against those teams. Anyone who comes in should get close to 10 wins a year, and just focus on beating bama, and at least, you are in the discussion for playoffs.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
ND lost to Duke, MSU, and Texas.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Would much rather corch ND than LSU. Guess which one is going to the playoff at 11-1?

Reel

Community Liaison
Would much rather corch ND than LSU. Guess which one is going to the playoff at 11-1?

ND has won 10 games 3x in the last 10 yrs

in that same span, LSU has won 10 games 6x and fell short of 10 games by one game 2x

but i see the point you are trying to make. I didnt know that agreement that ND had with the BCS was still in play

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
ND has won 10 games 3x in the last 10 yrs

in that same span, LSU has won 10 games 6x and fell short of 10 games by one game 2x

but i see the point you are trying to make. I didnt know that agreement that ND had with the BCS was still in play

I don't know that it is, but Notre Dame is such a power player in college football that if they go 11-1, they are almost certainly in. LSU at 12-1 is getting in over them, but the difficulty for the next 5-10 years for LSU will still be Saban's Bama, so even if they go 11-1, they could miss the CCG and have no shot at the playoff like ND does.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Mike Stoops running around like an asshole saying normal people don't understand footbaw and that modern offenses are unstoppable. Bob would never fire him so hopefully they both get AIDS and quit.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
David Cutcliffe just keeps getting ignored for bigger jerbs, but I am not sure he would leave at this point anyway.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

If Houston goes to the Big XII and I'm Herman, I'm not leaving. Could do what Gary Patterson has done/upgrade stadium like TCU did. Other paces like ND, Texas, LSU, etc. you have to be good within 3 years or you're done. He could have a longer leash like Patterson during the transition, compete at a high level and not have to play a usually stacked schedule like ND or in the SEC West.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I wonder how much rabbling there will be among OU's big money donors after TCU kicks the shit out of OU on Saturday.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Rumors that Texas is going to get rid of Charlie at the end of the year. He's already taken over the defense from Vance Bedford.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Gruden to OU, done deal.

Charles Kelly the DC at FSU is blazing hot right now. His bald head is not reflecting the sun, it is radiating from the heat on him.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
So Helton's seat has cooled down a bit since he spanked ASU and has apparently found the best USC QB in a decade, but we'll probably see it heat up when Colorado beats him up.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
What do you think the odds are that Texas and LSU end up in a bidding war for Tom Herman? I say hi, just like Herman's bank account will be.

Craig7835

Gruden to OU, done deal.

Charles Kelly the DC at FSU is blazing hot right now. His bald head is not reflecting the sun, it is radiating from the heat on him.

OK anytime his defense has given up more points in 5 games than they did,I would be pissed too. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the FSU BCS team that went undefeated gave up only 140 points the ENTIRE season?

Kelly's problem is he calls WAAAAY too much man coverage & blitzes. When UNC went into that Stack Formation,the fool called man coverage & the defense got burned

Lightningwar

Administrator
I'd have to look at the defense in 2013 to verify. But I think they lead the nation that year at something like 12 points a game. Kellys problem appears to be horrible play calling + an overly complex system.

The players dont know what they are supposed to do to begin. Then he calls a terrible game. We run base 4-2-5 like 80% of the game. There was a thread on Warchant discussing Ronald Darbys complaints about the difference between Pruitt and Kellys defenses. Kelly is way too complex in coverage schemes and guys didnt know what to do in 2014. Then the play calling made it worse. Anybody watching this defense can see they are confused. Big plays happen and guys are all looking at each other like they have no idea who was supposed to cover. It is made worse against high temp teams because Kelly cant get the play in fast enough. Which explains several plays where guys are still looking at the sidelines while the offense snaps the ball.

I'd actually welcome some kind of blitz. Seems like we rarely blitz and expect our front 4 to get to the QB. Which doesnt happen enough. Anyways as proof of Kellys inability to scheme and call plays. Check out the PI play against UNC that setup them up to kick the FG.

UTxEwlwl.jpg

Can anybody explain why Mathew Thomas is spying a non-running QB in an obvious passing situation? Why is our safety 40 yards from the LOS when they needed about 15-20 yards? And where is the inside help on McFadden when he is funneling him inside?

It is this type of shit that makes me think Kelly is incompetent. He isnt playing a defense can work for our talent. Im not sure any level of talent can overcome the above.

Brick

never saw a team less prepared for oregon in a bowl game than flazzu. both in terms of scheme (oregon was running really a really basic screen package all game) and fatigue. it was pathetic. that was the battle of wholly incompetent defensive coordinators.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Yup, if Pruitt didnt run to UGA. I think FSU wins a second national championship that season. Our offense was still crazy good. And that defense was loaded with NFL talent squandered by Kelly.

That same unpreparedness is there. Two of FSUs worst losses in history had Kelly as the DC.

Craig7835

Yup, if Pruitt didnt run to UGA. I think FSU wins a second national championship that season. Our offense was still crazy good. And that defense was loaded with NFL talent squandered by Kelly.

That same unpreparedness is there. Two of FSUs worst losses in history had Kelly as the DC.

I agree. Pruitt was the 'Noles best coordinator bar none after Mickie Andrews. Kelly needs to game plan a little better or better yet not coordinate at all:turrible:

Craig7835

@Lightningwar
I found the rankings from the Pruitt Era in that 2013 BCS Team

2nd Total Defense
6th Points Allowed
1st Passing defense
3rd Rushing defense

I don't feel like typing Charles Kelly's stuff because his defenses at Georgia Tech were the drizzling shits

Lightningwar

Administrator
@Lightningwar
I found the rankings from the Pruitt Era in that 2013 BCS Team

2nd Total Defense
6th Points Allowed
1st Passing defense
3rd Rushing defense

I don't feel like typing Charles Kelly's stuff because his defenses at Georgia Tech were the drizzling shits

Total Defense:61
Points allowed:49
Passing Defense:59
Rushing Defense:71

Total Defense:19
Points allowed:9
Passing Defense:21
Rushing Defense: 37

Total Defense:94
Points Allowed:106
Passing Defense:83
Rushing Defense:92

Fire him already.

Brick

yeah it doesn't help that the ACC has had an offensive renaissance of sorts lately. they need someone better.

Craig7835

did he hate fisher or something? wondering why he went to georgia.

Pruitt left for Georgia after lil'Bobby Petrino-Todd Grantham left to go back to Louisville. Now the 2012 FSU team that finished 12-2,damn near the WHOLE staff left. Mike Stoops along with defensive line coach & the running back coach left for Kentucky & word was that Jimbo was trying to cockblock Stoops from taking that job. Demayune Craig,who was the QB coach left for Auburn.

Most of the guys on the staff didn't like Jimbo trying to hinder them

Soonerfan09

I would love to see OU fire Mike Stoops and hire Charlie Strong as DC. I doubt it will happen, but it needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.