• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

R2D2

He's 29, and had one good season in his whole career. Before that he was nothing more than a special teamer. Even in his one good season in Atlanta, he still got beat a lot in coverage.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
DeCoud exceeded NFL expectations both in the draft and on the field. Just cuz he's passed his prime... don't hate

Nothing I said was inaccurate, other than Tre Boston being drafted in the 5th round, because it was actually the 4th.

is he really past his prime?

I literally just told you he got benched for a 4th round rookie.

Step your game up, gentlemen.

Gooksta

Concept helmets for all NFL teams: http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX

Some of these are sexy. @BearDownUofA gonna lose his shit.

UrbDTv0.jpg

w1rCbYN.jpg

4CBJCbA.jpg

kErNWFd.jpg
Browns are now a football team for red dog beer?

DanishDonut0

Syd'quan was supposed to be our all world guy. Chris Conte & Decoup had much better NFL careers

Dude was such a beast in HS. Remember watching him rip apart our Varsity's team during my freshman year. Their school's drumline was dope too.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Signed Chris Conte in one of my madden dynasties last night. Hes Italian I hope? I want to have another mafioso safety with my capo Vaccaro. Madden @kella sperg

PSUEagle

Bruce Arians, crotchety old man

"So many times, you're evaluating a quarterback who has never called a play in the huddle, never used a snap count. They hold up a card on the sideline, he kicks his foot and throws the ball," Arians said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "That ain't playing quarterback. There's no leadership involved there. There might be leadership on the bench, but when you get them and they have to use verbiage and they have to spit the verbiage out and change the snap count, they are light years behind."

Brick

lol. there aren't many logan thomas' out there, true.

that is mong offense logic to the extreme. oh, you want to make things as difficult as possible for your qb? does he let his QBs have the headset in the helmet, or does he require thomas to have an armband with the play calls in braille so he can LITERALLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE QUARTERBACK POSITION IN THE NASHNUL FOOTBAW LEAGUE WITH HIS EYES CLOSED

Herrb

Sounds like DGB is climbing draft boards everywhere. Good for him, I hope he turns it around.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
With a 4.35 40-yard dash, Kevin White just ran himself out of pick 11, and probably into the top five.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Mayock is funky for putting Kevin White ahead of Amari Cooper on his WR board. They're both extremely talented, but Cooper is an animal.

R2D2

All it takes is for DGB to land in a good organization for him to not be a complete fuck up. Blackmon, and Gordon for example got drafted into the wrong organizations. In 2012, Mularkey was the head coach of the Jaguars and he's an awful guy to help guys like him "grow up" in a sense. It seems as if Blackmon is on the right path now, and should make a turn around this season.

Gordon, on the other hand, was doomed from the get go. Supplemental draft, Cleveland, and the fact that he's had to deal with three head coaches in his career doesn't bode well. Gordon has only been in the league like what 4 years? Shurmur, Chudzinski, and Pettine couldn't crack the code on him.

Add in the fact that neither receiver has had a good QB. Blackmon had to deal with Henne, and Gabbert. Gordon has seen Hoyer, Manziel, Weeden, Thad Lewis, Campbell, and Shaw. Minus the GOAT Shaw, that's terrible for both guys.

I believe if DGB were to go the Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Cardinals, Chargers, or the Texans he could probably succeed.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I love watching the hype train convince themselves that Mong-Winston is the best QB in the draft. After fatty ran his slow as fuck 40 time, the analysts were saying how it was actually a positive and compared him to Brady/Manning while they compared Marriota to Johnny Footbaw :laughing:

You see Marriota with that blazing fast F3 Cone score? That is what I'm tombout.

All joking aside, TD:INT Ratio is what I care about most when looking at how QBs project to the NFL. Beyond systematic differences, INTs tell you about the player's decision making and accuracy, which are the two most important aspects of success in the NFL.

Winston threw 18 INTs last season and that's why, even if he doesn't turn into the train wreck we all know he could be, he'll still suck as a pro QB. You can basically take his INT number and double it for when he plays a full NFL season. That was my same criticism of Johnny Footbaw last year. TOO MANY POOR DECISIONS. Moreover, both of them got WORSE at throwing picks through their college careers. That's not a good sign.

Marriota threw 14 total interceptions in his entire career and showed progress heading in the RIGHT direction, with only 4 in his final season. Obviously there are some systematic differences to account for that give Marriota and advantage in this area (Florida State Mong Footbaw compared to Oregon Offense isn't fair), but still he threw half as many picks per season as Darron Thomas, showing that even for an Oregon QB he was exceptional in this area.

jdlikewhoa

I love watching the hype train convince themselves that Mong-Winston is the best QB in the draft. After fatty ran his slow as fuck 40 time, the analysts were saying how it was actually a positive and compared him to Brady/Manning while they compared Marriota to Johnny Footbaw :laughing:

You see Marriota with that blazing fast F3 Cone score? That is what I'm tombout.

All joking aside, TD:INT Ratio is what I care about most when looking at how QBs project to the NFL. Beyond systematic differences, INTs tell you about the player's decision making and accuracy, which are the two most important aspects of success in the NFL.

Winston threw 18 INTs last season and that's why, even if he doesn't turn into the train wreck we all know he could be, he'll still suck as a pro QB. You can basically take his INT number and double it for when he plays a full NFL season. That was my same criticism of Johnny Footbaw last year. TOO MANY POOR DECISIONS. Moreover, both of them got WORSE at throwing picks through their college careers. That's not a good sign.

Marriota threw 14 total interceptions in his entire career and showed progress heading in the RIGHT direction, with only 4 in his final season. Obviously there are some systematic differences to account for that give Marriota and advantage in this area (Florida State Mong Footbaw compared to Oregon Offense isn't fair), but still he threw half as many picks per season as Darron Thomas, showing that even for an Oregon QB he was exceptional in this area.
You forgot to mention Winston's small hands.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
And the fact that he rapes and steals. Maybe that's why scouts like him because he can be the next Roethlisberger.

I guess he said that "Character is what you do when no one else is looking" truism.

HEAD ASPLODE.

I think maybe part of me hates him so much because of Fluff, but I don't think I've hated a college football player anywhere close to this much, lol. DIE JAMEIS

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I been hating him for a long time too. The crab legs seriously put me over the edge. I hate a fucking thief. Especially when someone steals for no fucking reason other than greed or laziness. If the Bucs dont' take him and the Titans do, I am so done. I'll never watch another Titans game until there is a new owner, corch, GM etc.