• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The NFL is appealing?!?

giphy.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He does take some potshots at the "generally aware" standard the Wells report used, but yeah, he didn't dispute any of the facts. Goodell is probably firing some lawyers this morning.
Yeah it had a lot more to do with telling Goodell to fuck off than it did the facts. For that reason, I am all for it. If you are going to try to bring the hammer down on someone like Brady, this wasn't the case to do it.

Heisman06

Was surprised when he was picked, by of all teams, the iggles.

Agreed but there's a couple people that like his potential. Bill Lazor is apparently a fan so it wouldn't have surprised me to see Miami pick him up if he was cut. Hell, he'd probably be an upgrade over Matt Moore.

I will say this: if Barkley can't be successful after having Chip Kelly, Bill Lazor and Bruce Arians coach him up... He was never going to be successful.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Barkley doesn't have the arm strength (@Brick) or footwork to be an NFL starter, much less a backup.

The system he played in at USC (lots of short, easy passes combined with simple downfield reads) made him look better than he was IMO.
Just like Lionheart.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Barkley doesn't have the arm strength (@Brick) or footwork to be an NFL starter, much less a backup.

The system he played in at USC (lots of short, easy passes combined with simple downfield reads) made him look better than he was IMO.

If you recall, I was always sort of down on him while he was at USC, because I thought he was just an Orange County version of John David Booty - a guy coming in with tremendous hype, but who never quite impressed in college either with his arm, his legs, or even his brain/moxie. I felt he was given way too much, too soon by Carroll and his staff, and I felt like his appointment/ordination as starting QB may have alienated some of the veterans on the team.

By all accounts, he was a really great kid and precisely the sort of player that the NCAA would love to see populate every college athletic roster, (which was probably exactly the kind of kid USC needed to be the face of the program through the main portion of the sanctions) but he simply isn't an NFL-caliber talent.

Obviously I hope he does well in the NFL, but I honestly don't see him as more than a career backup, at best.

bruin

if Barkley leaves after his junior year he's a top 10 pick and the next Leinart.

except Leinart has had a better career.

PSUEagle

if Barkley leaves after his junior year he's a top 10 pick and the next Leinart.

except Leinart has had a better career.

Respectfully disagree: the NFL would have picked apart his flaws in the pre draft process.

He he would have gone higher than the 4th round though: probably would have been a 2nd round pick IMO.

PSUEagle

The third tackle taken in the top four (Lane Johnson) has turned into the best one out of that group by far.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
im in the wrong line of work

"Over the past 3.5 years, Matt Flynn has been on 6 NFL teams, started 5 games, played 498 snaps… and made $15.59M.

That's $31,305 per play."