• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2015-16 Recruiting

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Use this thread for any recruiting discussions for Year 2 (2015-16).

Scholarship Limits

Florida State - 15
LSU - 14
Arkansas - 13
TCU - Max
Oregon - 19
Georgia - 15
Tennessee - 14
Nebraska - 19
UCLA - 20
Auburn - 20​

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Whoops, I didn't realize we got +2. I have 20 scholarships.

Last edited:

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska has signed its first recruit, 3* #27 MLB Sean Ernst from Seward, Nebraska. 6'1" 234lbs and a +8 gem, 76 OVR. Very happy to get a good athletic linebacker, especially one from Nebraska. With only 5 LBs currently on roster, I need all the LBs I can get.

RamesuThe1

TCU pulls in 2.

#123 - 4* - Ath - Eric Cain - 5-10, 220 from Scott, LA
#2208 - 1* (+8 gem) - K - David Marshall - 6-1, 208 from Kingsville, TX

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska adds its second commitment, 4* #2 OT Joe Taylor from Guntersville, Alabama. 6'5" 294lbs. 79 OVR, really good balanced OL. 80 PBK, 84 RBK, 85 IBL. Pretty much got him uncontested, no other team offered him although the closest was Florida State.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Two more recruits will join the Nebraska Cornhuskers in 2016.

4* #6 CB Nick Anderson from Oneonta, Alabama. 6'0" 190lbs. 77 OVR (+2). Much needed CB depth since 3 CBs graduate this year. I have 4 good freshman corners on roster so I've got a young DB corps. 93 SPD, 82 Man, 89 Zone, 79 Press. He could probably play safety since he has 72 hit power, 77 pursuit and 84 play recognition but I'm sure he'll stay at CB.

5* #5 ATH Justin Copeland from Clearwater, Florida. 6'4" 210lbs. 77 OVR (-1). This guy is 97 SPD with 92 ACC, 90 AGI, 78 Spin, 87 Juke. His ratings are either for a safety or wide receiver, I'm not going to waste someone that fast at safety so he'll be playing receiver. 78 CTH, 89 SPC and 83 RTE will make for a very good receiver.

CPU Penn State and CPU Notre Dame are kicking my ass on a couple recruits. I had a pretty decent shot at 3 or 4 guys and Penn State is just trouncing me for a few of them and Notre Dame is going to steal both a WR and a LB.

RamesuThe1

Two 4-star recruits commit to Texas Christian

#170 - 4* - QB - Marcus Edwards 6-2, 221 from Wharton, TX

#107 - 4* - WR - Luke Henderson 6-0, 195 from Tifton, GA

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
ND is whooping our ass on this 5* AZ WR @TXHusker05

Notre Dame is absurd with recruiting. It's crazy how big their gains are, I thought I had a legit shot at him and all of a sudden ND just blew by and is expanding a massive lead. Same thing happened on this other LB I'm after, ND actually gained on me after my visit week and tied it up. They still have a visit left so I have no idea how I'm going to get that guy.

I don't know why I'm struggling so much with recruiting, all the guys I've signed were more or less uncontested but all the contested guys I'm just not competing on.

Walter323

Finally signed some decent recruits.
Zach James
top150.png

#58 ( #3 QB)
OVR:79 (+2)
THP 83 THA85
Finally get a QB with some decent accuracy coming up. Nice balanced QB from NV. Not very big, 6-0 198, but wont be expected to run too much. Has 78 SPD if running is needed in a pinch. Will more than likely redshirt and then push for a starting spot the the following season.

Tyler Thompson
top150.png

#143 ( #5 G)
OVR:75
Thompson is a solid OL at 6-4 334. He has great ACC 91 and will be asked to pull quite often. He will redshirt next season and then more than likely be a swing man OL the following year and push for a starting spot the year after that. Hoping to open up a recruiting pipeline to Louisiana in the future with recruits like this.

Will Roberson
top150.png

#141 ( #12 OLB)
OVR:75
Roberson comes from St. Martin, MS and stands 6-2 216. He is a very balanced OLB with no specific attributes that stand out as being spectacular or shitty. He will redshirt and then play a key role on special teams until a spot opens up. He may make the move to ILB if he can beef up a little bit. Also had offers from Texas and University of Southern Mississippi.

Steve Ryan
3 star
#442 ( #30 T)
OVR:74 (+4)
Ryan was a nice find in our backyard of Swainsboro, GA. Ryan has room to grow on his 6-4 frame. We hope to get him from the 284lb mark to 300+ after his redshirt year. Ryan will also be a key back up in case somebody goes down. You can never have too much OL depth with a run first offence.

Overall the Dawgs have signed 4 or their 15 allotted spots. 2 of those will go to a kicker and a punter so I pretty much have 11 spots left open.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
UCLA class thus far:

4* WR Ross Washington 6'3" 198 from San Marcos, CA. 76 OVR (+3)
3* T Terry Jenkins 6'3" 308 from Palmdale, CA. 73 OVR (+1)
3* K Doug Burke 6'0" 176 from San Jose, CA. 84 OVR (JUCO)
4* DE Robert Mills 6'1" 240 from Fernley, NV. 80 OVR (+3)
4* TE Jeff Boyd 6'1" 248 from Beverly Hills, CA. 76 OVR (+3).

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska added a 5th and arguably most important recruit this week.

4* #3 TE Chauncey Clark from Cascade-Fairwood, Washington. 6'8" 242lbs. 81 OVR (+5). This guy is an absolute monster. 6'8" with 80 CTH, 82 RTE, 78 SPC, 87 CIT, 79 JUMP, 89 BTK, 89 TRK and really, really good block ratings. A tad slow at 75 SPD but I don't really mind that, my new offense is all about short west coast stuff now. Oregon was the closest to him but it really wasn't a contest.

I already have an incredible group of TEs, 3 JR (one redshirting this year) and a solid true freshman plus this guy but I need them. I've gone from what was a 20/10/11 personnel wide open spread to a 21/12 personnel pistol pro-style spread. Having really good balanced TEs is great, can do a ton with them. My FB graduates this year so one of these guys will probably move to FB, maybe Trey Foster the JR I redshirted this year to get him off the same graduation plan as the other two juniors. He's just 6' and less of a receiver than the others.

My class is going to be way under my scholarship limit this year, again. I have 19 scholarships available, have used 5 and only have 10 guys on my board. I may only get 5 of them. Going to troll for some JUCO kids late.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Jesus Notre Dame is destroying me for recruits. #4 OLB and #1 WR were pretty close not too many weeks ago and then Notre Dame just dominated. That sucks. Don't really need the WR but I need some LBs badly. Going to troll for some high-60s overall depth players right now since that is all that is left.

Anyone else feel like recruiting is kind of a bitch in this OD? Seems like all the good players go quick and it is tough to get in on guys that had a user team #1. I'm not going to be close on my scholarship limit.

JAR201166

Jesus Notre Dame is destroying me for recruits. #4 OLB and #1 WR were pretty close not too many weeks ago and then Notre Dame just dominated. That sucks. Don't really need the WR but I need some LBs badly. Going to troll for some high-60s overall depth players right now since that is all that is left.

Anyone else feel like recruiting is kind of a bitch in this OD? Seems like all the good players go quick and it is tough to get in on guys that had a user team #1. I'm not going to be close on my scholarship limit.
I never done good in recruiting until they added the promise feature then of course they took it out :emo:

RamesuThe1

TCU moves the total to 7 with 2 Juco commits

#900 - 3* - DE - Will Miller, 6-3, 260 from Fort Hunt, VA

#1019 - 3* - OG - Alfred Williams, 6-5, 303 from Stafford, TX

Walter323

Georgia adds 3 more recruits

These 3 aren't as sexy as the first 4 that signed, but they are needed.

Kyle Glover
3 star
#388 ( #23 T)
OVR:68 (-3)
At 6'7 318 Glover has the body to become a very good OL for the Bulldogs. He will have to improve his run blocking in order to crack the starting line up and until that time he will fill in for some depth. Can never have too many OL

Gordon Mayhew
3 star
#1302 ( #15 P)
OVR:77 (+1)

He's a punter with 82 power.

Chris Callahan
3 star
#1303 ( #11 K)
OVR:77 (+1)
He's a kicker with 88 power. Enough said

Signed 7 of my allotted 15 so far.

RamesuThe1

TCU adds two more, 9 committs total with 11 guys left on the board with the Frogs in the top 3.

#467 - 3* - OLB - Sean Luke, 6-2, 231 from Raceland, LA
#492 - 3* - CB - Matt Ball, 5-11, 176 from Wekiva Springs, FL

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska adds recruit number 6.

4* #13 HB Devon Allen from DeRidder, Louisiana. 5'11" 212lbs. 77 OVR (+7). 87 SPD, more of a power back but I just need some depth at HB. Between the number of injuries I have every game and the graduation of Imani Cross this year, the more backs I can get the better.

I'm recruiting the hell out of the south this year. 2 from Alabama, 1 from Louisiana, 1 from Florida. Plus the TE from Washington and the LB from Nebraska. Watch your backs former SEC teams in the Big 12, Nebraska is on its way to steal your recruits.

Walter323

Bulldogs add another to the liter of pups.

Charles Cambell
3 star
#526 ( #95 WR)
OVR:72 (+6)
gem.png

Cambell is a nice find out of Ohio. He has blazing speed (96) that will help the Bulldogs stretch the field, hahahah riiiiiight. Cambell is a former track star that saw the money of the NFL and came out for football late. His catching ability (58) needs some work but you can't teach speed. He will be primarily working out of the slot and may even take a shot at RB.

7 scholarships left

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Huskers add 2 more recruits, bringing the total to 8.

4* #8 C Greg Foster from Ypsilanti, Michigan. 6'1" 287lbs. 75 OVR (+1). Solid run blocker, will provide depth at a fairly young center position.

3* #39 OLB Matt O'Neill from Schriever, Louisiana. 6'1" 228lbs. 69 OVR (+3). Not an ideal LB for my defense since he's fairly slow at 76 SPD, but I honestly just needed bodies at LB. I have just 5 on my roster, 1 of which graduates this year. I've signed 2 and still need 2 or 3 more. In a perfect world this guy would drop down to DE since he has really good power/finesse moves but I don't think I'll be able to do it. I will have 9 DE on roster next year and just 4 LB.

At this point I'm trying to scoop up some 65-70 OVR depth guys on both the offensive and defensive lines and linebacker. I missed out on a lot of highly rated targets this year.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska adds recruit number 9.

3* #2 P Marcus Williams from Park City, KS. 5'10" 212lbs. 84 OVR (+2). 92 Kick Power which is all I really look for in a kicker. I really do not need a punter or kicker though, my kicker will be a Sophomore next year and my punter will be a Senior but I figured I might as well since the scholarship wouldn't go to use anyway.

RamesuThe1

Glad I got the last 2 guys on my board. Two 4-stars and I definitely didn't expect to get them both. Took my class from #21 to #8