• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
1924676_774020079322169_159886795201022916_n_zps9b798bf0.jpg

/fin

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I do enjoy the trolling but the country literally moved on to any other relevant sport about 2 hours after the giants won yet another WS. As much as I hate dumb platitudes, baseball would have been so much better off with KC winning.

dirt

Trolltalitarian
I beg to differ... in essence they won 5 years ago w/ the Giants first WC (KC type of team that comes out of nowhere). Now they're a dynasty. I think it's fine for the game to see a new team figure out how to win and dominate in the post season. We've watched east coast teams (ny boston St L) do it for so long...

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I beg to differ... in essence they won 5 years ago w/ the Giants first WC (KC type of team that comes out of nowhere). Now they're a dynasty. I think it's fine for the game to see a new team figure out how to win and dominate in the post season. We've watched east coast teams (ny boston St L) do it for so long...
Well, you are a Giants fan :laughing: Of course you enjoy it. For everyone else its boring.

Renegade

Charge on!
MLB Winter Meetings...

Mark DeRosa reported the Braves are talking with the Reds about swapping Justin Upton for Johnny Cueto. Both are in the final year of their contract. At first I didn't really understand it, but the opportunity to get an ace pitcher in is hard to beat given the Braves' injury problems (Medlen and Beachy) and underperformance from Minor this past year.

Would like the Braves to make a run at Jed Lowrie to play 2B. Not sure LaStella is much more than a platoon player, and Lowrie gets on base and should be cheap. Also, he has power potential that LaStella doesn't.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Lmao @ the Mets giving up their 1-15 pick to sign M. Cuddyer to a 2 yr deal

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I was so mad when the Rockies extended that qualifying offer. Now I'm pleased as punch. Cuddyer would be a great DH. He's a disaster in the field and an injury waiting to happen. Good luck, Mets.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
RAJ for GM of the year if he finds a sucker to take Howard

Phillies would have to eat a lot of the remaining money on that contract. I would guess $40 million of the remaining $50 million plus the $10 million club buyout after the '16 season to get KC to agree on a trade.

ajw18

Bammer
Braves should have given Santana a better offer.
I agree that the Braves desperately need a proven starter but Wren's legacy contracts made him too expensive. The Braves didn't want him to accept what they offered. It was just to get the compensatory draft pick. Resigning Harang is more likely, though I'd be surprised if he didn't regress some.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
PHOENIX (CBS) — The Chicago Cubs are going after top-flight talent and have taken some aggressive tactics in sending out that message.
The often used media leak is not the way these executives have gotten the word out. Oh sure, president of baseball operations Theo Epstein and GM Jed Hoyer came out and said they expect to contend for a division title in 2015. That marketing ploy pales in comparison to the video presentation that the Cubs formulated for player agents and the free agent players they represent.
The video, voiced by broadcaster Len Kasper, extols the great things happening in the Cubs organization. Video of the two-year-old Dominican Republic facility for players and the new Cubs Park complex in Mesa, AZ are featured along with the state of the art improvements mock up for iconic Wrigley Field. The young Cubs players making their way through the system as well as All Stars Anthony Rizzo and Starlin Castro are highlighted.
“In the video they did a nice job of showing you that they are the ‘team to be with’ going forward,” said one agent who has talked to the team about his free agent player. “Really, the whole thing was informational and interesting. They appear to have a lot to offer players like my guy.”
The Cubs may have used a page out of the playbook super agent Scott Boras. For years, Boras has sent out 30 page books to teams and media when he had a free agent ready to hit the open market. That type of razzle dazzle can be an effective subliminal tool when selling power points to would be clients.
“We feel there is a lot of momentum with the Cubs right now,” Hoyer told me Tuesday. “We have great facilities in Arizona and the Dominican. The ballpark (Wrigley ) is going to be renovated tremendously well. We wanted to capture that momentum and explain it. We have not won at the major league level since we have been here, (the video) we hope will let them know Chicago is a pretty great place to play.”
The Cubs early fall pursuit of star free agents Jon Lester and Russell Martin back up their in your face approach. The Cubs have taken the long hard road to regaining credibility for the organization after five straight losing seasons and rebuilding.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
PHOENIX – The Cubs aren’t waiting around for Jon Lester to make a splash this winter for frontline starting pitching.
Multiple sources said Tuesday the Cubs are in talks with the Washington Nationals to acquire right-hander Jordan Zimmermann, a two-time All-Star who has averaged 200 innings over the past three seasons.
And he’s just one of several All-Star caliber pitchers – along with All-Star catcher Russell Martin – the Cubs believe they can acquire if their strategy plays out according to plan, said one source.
Zimmermann, 28, would be a younger, potentially less-expensive alternative to the higher-end free agents on the market this off-season, though the player package to acquire him would have to include at least one of their touted young middle infielders, sources say.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I expect the Giants to after a similar player to Morse (Willingham or Cruz) in LF, a utility IF, and a couple SPs/RPs. I think maybe a Jason Hammel level #4-5 SP. Maybe one of the second level of SPs below the elite first three (Liriano, Santana).

They need some RPs but Sabean has done an amazing job of not spending any money in the bullpen and just picking up dudes on the cheap.

If they have to replace Pablo, I could see them staying in house as opposed to going for Aramis.