• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 NBA Thread pelican and okc bitches

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Buck's get a new stadium despite never turning a profit

After two days of backroom talks, state senators struck a bipartisan deal Wednesday and approved $250 million in public subsidies for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks.
The measure passed 21-10 and goes to the Assembly, which like the Senate is controlled by Republicans. No date has been set for an Assembly vote, but for the first time in months, the proposal has momentum.
The plan would preserve Milwaukee's stake in professional basketball but at a cost to state, city and county residents, who ultimately would pay $400 million, when accounting for interest over 20 years.

say what you want about little scottie walker but he delivers the pork

Bucksin04

Someone (well lots of people, but this one in particular) took a crack at redesigning the Clippers and did a 10000000000000000x better job than the crap the actual Clippers rolled out.

CKDAechUcAEmrYh.jpg

es.pn/1HRocag

CJ_24

This is Seattle's fault. If they had worked harder to steal the bucks, none of this would have happened. they took the pilots, they couldn't take the bucks?

zoltan

lmao no lie the Clippers new logos look like some Shit you throw together when you're creating a team in 2k

evil1

Last year the Clippers bench was their weak spot. Now they have added Lance Stephenson, Paul Pierce, Josh Smith and Wesley Johnson.

Their fortunes have turned dramatically from a week ago.

zoltan

I'm surprised Josh Smith left. I thought he was playing with his bestie?

Oh well. I think he's a dope backup PF, mainly because he can throw the lob to DJ off a touch pass like Blake. Everyone else sucked at it.

zoltan

I still don't think we have a starting SF on our team. Paul Pierce is like 40.
Unless we start Jamal at the 3, in which case he would get killed on defense.

Plus his injury chances skyrocket the moment he gets more than 20 min per game. His playstyle is not congruent with his age.

Brick

man, clippz have most detestable roster in league history.

...still would root for them over RUSSTAINMENT

zoltan

I honestly don't know why the eastern conference playoffs is even a thing. Crown LeBron and send him to the finals for the 6th straight year.

It's basically a competition for second place.

The wild west is where the action is.

NML

I still don't think we have a starting SF on our team. Paul Pierce is like 40.
Unless we start Jamal at the 3, in which case he would get killed on defense.

Plus his injury chances skyrocket the moment he gets more than 20 min per game. His playstyle is not congruent with his age.

Pierce is still a bauce. He's only a bauce for 20 minutes a night doe. He looked great in the playoffs

zoltan

I still think we should start Pierce with a minutes restriction and play Lance at the 3 as a sixth man and just run him, jamal, Austin, J smoove, and Aldrich as our second unit barring injury.

I really like the guy from Michigan state that we just signed as well. He seems like he has the potential to be a great asset to the squad.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
TJ Warren with 31 in summer league last night, 25 in second half. I see a big leap this second year.

Heisman06

I honestly don't know why the eastern conference playoffs is even a thing. Crown LeBron and send him to the finals for the 6th straight year.

It's basically a competition for second place.

The wild west is where the action is.

Cavs will easily get the #1 seed in the East. Anything can happen in the playoffs but there's only a handful, if that, of teams that could spoil their run in the East. I feel like Miami could be one of them but we'll see. Very intrigued by Dragic/Bosh combination.

PSUEagle

TJ Warren with 31 in summer league last night, 25 in second half. I see a big leap this second year.

Big fan of that kid's game: he can score in a lot of ways. He was also really efficient at NCSU despite how many shots he took.

If he can learn how to be passable on defense he'll be a nice pro IMO.

zoltan

Cavs will easily get the #1 seed in the East. Anything can happen in the playoffs but there's only a handful, if that, of teams that could spoil their run in the East. I feel like Miami could be one of them but we'll see. Very intrigued by Dragic/Bosh combination.
Yea I've been digging what the heat been doing in the offseason too. They're gonna be straight, barring injuries.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Big fan of that kid's game: he can score in a lot of ways. He was also really efficient at NCSU despite how many shots he took.

If he can learn how to be passable on defense he'll be a nice pro IMO.
Those mid range floaters are unguardable. He will be a solid starter soon enough

Heisman06

Ty Lawson traded to Houston for a couple decent prospects (Nick Johnson, Kostas), some trash (non-guaranteed deals) and a protected first.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Personally, I'd put Nick Johnson in the trash category... but wow what a trade for the Rockets. Lawson's a huge upgrade over Patrick Beverley. His shooting numbers have gotten worse but I bet that has to do with what's around him getting worse the last few years.

West is absolutely nuts.

Heisman06

Personally, I'd put Nick Johnson in the trash category... but wow what a trade for the Rockets. Lawson's a huge upgrade over Patrick Beverley. His shooting numbers have gotten worse but I bet that has to do with what's around him getting worse the last few years.

West is absolutely nuts.

I'll admit I haven't watched Johnson since college. It's all basically trash. Good for Denver to get any kind of 1st for Ty at this point, I guess. Mudiay's team now.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say that the Lakers were also a determined trade bidder for Ty Lawson, but Denver clearly preferred what the Rockets offered

Guess the Nuggets GM passed on a nice steak dinner from the Lakers. Even with the DUI I feel like you could have gotten something back for LAWDson

MSUFanatic

Wake me up when they play against guys that actually have a chance of making a roster. Summer league is such junk - 70% of those guys are ending up in the NBDL or Euro. It's pretty much YMCA summer league basketball.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles

At this point they really should just dump the conferences as far as playoff selection goes.

What purpose does it serve?

I suppose having a limited number of spots makes the West more entertaining, but at the expense of having an entire half of the playoff bracket that's just trash.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Wake me up when they play against guys that actually have a chance of making a roster. Summer league is such junk - 70% of those guys are ending up in the NBDL or Euro. It's pretty much YMCA summer league basketball.

I understand that, but the Suns have made it known that he will get a bigger opportunity this year. I don't expect anything spectacular, just notable improvement.

Tommy Jeff gon prove the haters wrong

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison

I think SL does provide some value, depending on what you are looking for

I dont think anyone who really knows the game places too much stock on it, but put it like this, and take from this what you will, but i remember both of Austin Rivers summer league stints. His 2nd one was WAY better than his 1st one. You could at least see he developed some confidence since his rookie year, but even with that, it still didnt translate to the actual game. He started off pretty decent, then regressed. Now, if you dont value Rivers as a legitimate NBA talent in the first place, then yea, SL serves no point, but if you are trying to see how he fairs against other NBA-ish talent at his position, then its worth watching

especially to see how he guards the pick and roll, on ball defender, help side defense etc...its not always about points

PSUEagle

I understand that, but the Suns have made it known that he will get a bigger opportunity this year. I don't expect anything spectacular, just notable improvement.

Tommy Jeff gon prove the haters wrong

He got some burn at the end of last season and shot over 50% IIRC.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say that the Lakers were also a determined trade bidder for Ty Lawson, but Denver clearly preferred what the Rockets offered

Guess the Nuggets GM passed on a nice steak dinner from the Lakers. Even with the DUI I feel like you could have gotten something back for LAWDson
I believe the last year of the contract he can now terminate so you're basically getting a year of Lawson at $12.5m which isn't exactly a bargain. I think the Nuggets did pretty well to just get a first back for him while clearing salary though. Rockets did a good job too. I think it was a very nice deal for both sides.

Dragic-Waides-Deng-Bosh-Whiteside could be really interesting too. Whiteside was basically the East version of DeAndre Jordan and with even a little improvement, is one of the best centers in the East. An upgrade over Deng would help them a lot and obviously Wade being healthy for the playoffs.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Doug McDermott should be in the July NBA Hall of Fame.

2 years in a row, Summer League 1st Team. Has that ever happened before in the history of the NBA? I doubt it.

I believe the last year of the contract he can now terminate so you're basically getting a year of Lawson at $12.5m which isn't exactly a bargain. I think the Nuggets did pretty well to just get a first back for him while clearing salary though. Rockets did a good job too. I think it was a very nice deal for both sides.

Dragic-Waides-Deng-Bosh-Whiteside could be really interesting too. Whiteside was basically the East version of DeAndre Jordan and with even a little improvement, is one of the best centers in the East. An upgrade over Deng would help them a lot and obviously Wade being healthy for the playoffs.

I could see Whiteside becoming a near all-star, and I could see him becoming Andrew Bynum II. Such a wide range of boom/bust potential.

I think the Heat look a lot better on paper than they actually are though. IF everyone stays healthy, yeah 46 ish wins is entirely possible, but I couldnt see them giving the Cavs, Wiz, or Hawks much trouble in the playoffs.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni

The 2nd year of Lawson's deal was actually converted to a team option.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Hornets sign Hansbrough

I know it's been 6 years, but I don't think I can wrap my head around cheering for that Beaker looking dipshit. Go Suns