• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014-15 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

Messi conspicuously absent.

A few shaky moments in the Barcelona backline so far.

Really could have used a second goal. Juventus settled down after the goal. This game isn't over by any means.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

They've been the best team for the last 10 minutes.

Messi playing more centrally now. Thinking Pedro will be the first sub.

Snorky's Shame

Barcelona and Juventus now understand why Manchester United hate this ref.

Not sure I like this sub, probably does not happen if Iniesta is 100%.

Barcelona players slipping all over the place.

Snorky's Shame

Relief! And the wacky inflatable men of Camp Nou rejoice.

3971_Fill_670_0.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I mustve missed something

Two things that stood out to me were disallowing Neymar's goal (although, to be fair, that looked like it hit his arm directly at full speed), and I think he missed a foul on Barca in the build up to their second goal. Have to see that again to be sure, but it looked like there might have been a foul when Barca won the ball. He struck me as bad while I was watching but now that I think about it, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Just be glad that Juve didn't come back to win, because we'd all be trogging about that Neymar handball.

The story of the game was Juve getting killed over and over on the counterattack and Barca couldn't put it away. I mean I think Barca had at least 3 breaks where it was 5 on 3 or 5 on 2. And they were all off of corners. Juve's set pieces were awful all day, and they always led to Barca counters, too.

I also wonder if anything would have been different if Pirlo wasn't playing as the deepest midfielder. That first goal basically came from the space where he should have been, but he didn't track Iniesta, which lead to the 2 on 1 right in front of the goal. Pirlo didn't really influence the game all that much, either. Pogba and Vidal were constantly dribbling up the field instead of Pirlo really dictating the attack.

Fun game, though.

chibob

For me the Neymar header was a blatant handball - it wasn't intentional but he fucked it and it took a huge deflection of his hand. I thought it was a great call to dis-allow it.

When Pogba thought he deserved a penalty (first half) clearly outside of the box and Id even go as far as saying good tackle too. So another good call.

They didnt get everything right, pretty sure Lichsteiner handballed it and there was no call, and there were definitely a few fouls which didn't get called but considering how Barce like to flop and kill off games I thought the refs let alot of the play continue which actually led to an entertaining match.

Even though it was one sided for large parts it was a really enjoyable game to watch.

Messi was quiet except for the odd run and the pass to Pedro which led to Neymars goal. Pirlo was also quiet except for one amazing pass to Pogba where he over cooked the touch. I thought Pogba though was Juve's best player but they stood so far off Barce just waiting to win the ball back that all the football seemed to played in the final thirds, so it wasnt the midfield battle everyone anticipated.

Just my thoughts.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
For me the Neymar header was a blatant handball - it wasn't intentional but he fucked it and it took a huge deflection of his hand. I thought it was a great call to dis-allow it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You do realize that for a handball to be a foul, it has to be intentional, right?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Agreed, but literally it's only a foul if it's "deliberate handling." That was the least deliberate handling of the ball in soccer history, because it's a goal if it doesn't hit his arm after he heads it. Again, it looked so weird in real time that I'll give the ref a pass on it. Impossible to see that it hit his arm after he headed it, so whatever.

NML

Actually, I think Buffon saves it if it doesn't take the deflection off his arm. It gave it some weird backspin that took it just wide of his hand.

Gotta call that.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Aleix Vidal will be heading to Barcelona in January. Sporting up to Primera so no Asturian derby in Segunda

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I remember St Pauli was in the first division and LESS fans showed up than the previous season in the 2nd division. This is a team I could get behind