• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

1978-2020 KOBE

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
ESPN is about to show Kobe’s final game, but first we have to sit thru this absolute abortion of FT misses and timeouts in UNC-NCST? The last 30 seconds have taken 20 minutes amd they keep fouling.

This is embarrassing @Wuf @Wolfman21

I apologize on behalf of the tard school i grew up pulling for. I didn't enjoy watching it either.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The NTSB just said that the final transmission from the pilot was that he was climbing to avoid the cloud layer. No mayday or distress call was given. He just flew into the damn hillside in the fog.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/us/calabasas-helicopter-crash-kobe-bryant-monday/index.html

She said the helicopter circled for 12 minutes until air traffic control approved the special visual flight rules.

Homendy said the helicopter flew in the Burbank and Van Nuys airspace at 1,400 feet, heading south and then west.

The pilot requested flight following, which is radar assistance for a flight that helps the pilot avoid traffic, to continue to Camarillo, she said, But air traffic control said the helicopter was too low to provide flight following assistance, she said.

About four minutes later, the pilot said he was climbing to avoid the cloud layer, she said.

Wolfman21

Shaq crying real big man tears on the Staples center floor tonight. The last 24 hours had been better. That got me tearing up again. Maybe, hopefully the last time

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Jerry West, my goodness. What a legend.

To think this franchise has had Jerry, Pat Riley, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron, AD, Chick, Dr. Buss, Gary Vitti, and even their legendary PA announcer all under one roof is incredible. Throw Hibbert in there for @Bmack, too!

To think that bar could ever be upheld, never mind exceeded, by anyone, would take a once-in-a-lifetime talent. Just glad he was in the purple and gold. I’ve been watching the lakers for 35 years, and to have Kobe with us for more than half that was special.

I’m doing a little better. I think most fans are. I’m sure there will be other sad days, but in the meantime, this loss will lead to great things. It has to. And if you made it this far, let's go get it...

tenor.gif

Wolfman21

Damn, Kawhi said he used the same Pilot that Kobe used that was flying the helicopter on Sunday. Said he was one of the best they had, used him to go back and forth to games all the time.

"Same pilot, everything, the whole situation, this whole program, the setup. How he was traveling back and forth was the same way I was getting here from San Diego.”

Skeeter

Uber felon
Except if you listen to it and it sounds exactly like what she's describing.

Now the BBC posting a pic of LeBron instead...:laughing:

/blunt rolling and cackling sounds
To me it sounds like the n-word to me. Even slow-mo it doesnt sound like nakers. I don't hear an a sound at all

Skeeter

Uber felon
She said nih like the "Kn" in Knicks and then panicked and switched to the "kers" in Lakers. "Nih-Kers" not "Nakers" to me.

Also why tf would she say the n-word on purpose and lose her job. She was nervous and stumbled over her words in a really unfortunate way.
Maybe she says it often in conversation with her friends and it just slipped out. Sounds like she panics when she realizes what she just said to me to me.

Wolfman21

She said nih like the "Kn" in Knicks and then panicked and switched to the "kers" in Lakers. "Nih-Kers" not "Nakers" to me.

Also why tf would she say the n-word on purpose and lose her job. She was nervous and stumbled over her words in a really unfortunate way.

Yeah...saying the N word on live tv is career suicide. People are really dumb enough to think she purposefully went out there and said that though, which isnt surprising in todays climate. If you listen its pretty obvious her explanation matches up. But Twitter culture gotta have something fake to be raging over...

Wolfman21

Such a sad, sad, sad day. So many kids. From time to time I still think about the two kids who lost both of their parents and their sibling. I can't even imagine the pain. Kind of like that ex NFL'er who killed his old doctor, doctors wife and their grandkids. Theres a man and woman out there who lost their parents/in laws and their children all in one fell swoop. How do you continue on living life after something like that?

And Kobe still had so, so, so much to give the basketball and entertainment world. Just a shit situation