• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

#13 Stanfurd vs. #14 SC - ESPN, 3:30 EST

Brick

Don't tell me you miss the Musberger fumble call there you Fowler sycophants. Fowler is more smug than me. And just as boring.

sayo

YEET
Meh. Musberger's drunk senility was funny for a bit but it got old. I'll take Fowler's smug over that any day.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Man, Kessler is such a limited QB. Probably the least impressive starting QB at USC since Mike Van Raaphorst.

ebarws6

stAy
Don't think that was the right call on the chop block, Wright was the first of the two guys there to make contact. Wasn't engaged with the blocker at all.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Really good call. They were expecting Agolar to run that same curl route he ran on the last drive and he just blew by them.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Lord - which school first started the "Big Ben Bell" on 3rd down thing? It's as annoying as Zombie Nation and Seven Nation Army

ebarws6

stAy
FUCK. USC made plays when it needed to but Stanford continually killed itself. Can't believe this shit.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Haha nice blocking

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Big confidence booster for USC. However, I hate how predictable the play calling was. It's like Kiffin never left. Kept dipping the same well of Buck Allen and Agholor, absolutely forgetting the fine play of the youngsters last week. They can do it, coach - you just have to force the opportunity on them.

Stanford was dominating the trenches - thought they should have just kept running it at our tired defense.

Su'a Cravens is a bawse. Having Josh Shaw back would be nice, but Cravens is a special talent in the defensive backfield.

fonzilla

They will be playing each other in the Pac 12 CHAMPIONSHIP and Furd won't fuck itself like they did today

Brick

Statement about what? They beat Stanford last year. More of a statement for Stanford that they may be undisciplined, raw, choking fucktards this year instead of infuriatingly perfect, robotic fucktards.

Good win for usc but hardly indicitive of them being massively improved or anything.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Statement about what? They beat Stanford last year. More of a statement for Stanford that they may be undisciplined, raw, choking fucktards this year instead of infuriatingly perfect, robotic fucktards.

Good win for usc but hardly indicitive of them being massively improved or anything.
A statement nonetheless. Touche.

sayo

YEET
USC looked pretty bad there for a bit. It felt like a 2 score game in Stanford's favor for quite a while.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
USC looked pretty bad there for a bit. It felt like a 2 score game in Stanford's favor for quite a while.

Stanford should have won it handily - they drove down the field with relative ease for much of the game and were constantly in USC's half of the field. However, they managed to squander almost every scoring opportunity they had. Their offensive line was pounding our defense and I figured it was just a matter of time before the floodgates broke and they started ripping off demoralizing big plays and scores. Fortunately for us, Stanford went into ultra-conservative mode on offense, and coupled with some very timely plays by the USC defense, (and three missed FGA by Stanford) managed to keep them from scoring.

On offense - Buck Allen is the freakin' man. The fact that Kiffin had him buried on the depth chart is further proof of his incompetence. Kessler is, for lack of a better word - an adequate QB. I do like his leadership skills and pocket awareness (throwing away balls when he knows he can't make a play) but in terms of just his physical skills, he's probably the least physically gifted starting QB from USC since Mike Van Raaphorst back in the Paul Hackett days. If we didn't have a bevy of excellent receivers for him to throw to, and a good offensive line with some excellent young players (and Buck Allen) to keep pressure off him, we'd be in trouble on that side of the ball.

All in all - a nice satisfying win against a highly disliked rival, even if neither team played particularly well. I'd definitely agree with the overall sentiment that "USC didn't win; Stanford just lost." Still - snapping a 17-game home win streak against what has been a top-flight program for the past several years is a huge feather in Sarkisian's cap.

Game ball goes to Andre Heidari. Kicking the winning 53-yard field goal late in the fourth was very clutch. I thought the defense was going to blow it after that score, but JR Tavai also made a clutch play and caused the fumble that sealed the win.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Ugly win beats a pretty loss urryday of the week.

Lots to work on obviously, and I'm hoping we see a more open attack next week.

But in the meantime, we're 2-0 babby! Make ur time, Pac12. The Trojans are coming out of hibernation.