• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Search results

1. TheSystem

How is your Dynasty going?

Oh it’s the best as OC lost a game 55-56 to super sim defense and a sim missed extra point . i suck on Heisman defense so I will sim it but I can play decent enough 3rd down defense to get a stop or two.
  2. TheSystem

How is your Dynasty going?

I’m OC ECU 60 pts a game on Heisman. Went from Air Raid to more Briles/Baylor concepts as my main playbook. We’re #4 12-0 and going for a CUSA crown I run other teams as well Tulsa and UCF lost a couple of combine 100+ pt games but otherwise doing pretty well. Speaking of UNM the old Lobo Bob...
  3. TheSystem

Have you used a playsheet before

Have used a script when I had a more complicated offense, since then my offense is very trimmed, I know it extremely well so I don't need it. How did you call plays off it? If you had x amount of first down plays did you just go straight down the list, choose randomly, or by what you think the...
  4. TheSystem

How do you choose which offensive formation to use next.

For me it's about leverage. I usually put strength (TE or Trips side) to the field as it opens some of the passing plays (flag routes and deep vertical shots). However there are times when I will put the strength into the boundary because against a man coverage team it will open running lanes .
  5. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

Since you asked.. IMO....no, your a run team that uses air raid pass concepts but you aren't an Air Raid team.
  6. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

As far as Red Zone Concepts: I am with Bruin on Stick and Y corner, I will also use Mesh and HB Screen TE's like Gronk, Gronk was an Air Raid TE in College and they played him everywhere on the line,split out, H Back. I would do the same. If he is a Gronk he's not going to be covered by the...
  7. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

For starters let him run wildcat. Hands can be developed. For recent examples of power backs in the Air Raid check out Texas Tech's Desmond Nisby and TCU's Sewo Olonilua highlights.
  8. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

On some routes it helps but they also have others where receivers can wind up fairly close together (the meshers on mesh).
  9. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

I believe that's part of it you also have a lot of quick passes snags,sticks,slants that are harder to intercept because they are so timing based. The other reason is because the reads are fairly simple execute and they practice those reads everyday at a high volume that it improves their...
  10. TheSystem

Can you create offensive mismatches for O-lineman?

If you have a great OL you'd be better off is you move him to Fullback/TE/Sniffer Back. It's much easier to use him in a number of blocks from these positions rather than leave him in one of the OL positions. This player can line up anywhere and get you the blocking angles you want and it opens...
  11. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

I'm hotting the back to the option route, then reading first outside backer/safety to corner to get a feel for the coverage I'm going deep to comeback to back on the option based on how the defense is dropping, typically hitting the deep or option vs zone and comeback vs man.
  12. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

Not enough:) I try to work in every screen (Bubbles,HB swings and screens,Middle screens and Quick screens) at least once during a game. Typically I will get to at least a pa SE screen via an audible at least every other drive. Need to do more draws. Also working on getting in more shovels.
  13. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

Everyday. Run an offline 10 team dynasty each team has a different style of play. Ain't no football like college football... if Madden ever had a play and formation editor I might go back to it, but the play books in NCAA 14 are realistic enough for me to work my schemes until something...
  14. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

Sounds like you want to marry pro style run game with an air raid passing concept? This is a pass concept I look for in any pro style sets when I am building my playbooks. I LOVE corner concept for me it's like stealing.. you can hot your way to it if you got someone to run corner.
  15. TheSystem

Can someone explain series/sequential based playcalling?

This is dependent on the play caller. Some coaches like to see how you are going to react to the different plays in different series, and some will hammer you with the same play again and again until you prove you can stop it. I've done it a lot of different ways, work the series and run the...
  16. TheSystem

Can someone explain series/sequential based playcalling?

I have never heard or seen Mouse Davis or June Jones talk about sequential play calling such as those used by the wing t coaches probably because every core run and shoot pass concept is a sequential play meant to exploit the reaction and over reaction of the defense and the defenders. With...
  17. TheSystem

Do Coaching clinics give away strategy?

It depends on the coach. Some guys are real pr* and when they do a clinic they talk about BS topics (organizing their weight room) these are the guys who are only their because Nike or the clinic is paying them a fat check. Other coaches will talk about crap everybody does such as outside zone...
  18. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

Agree it's been sacrificed late at La Tech and Cal, however Tony Franklin Circa Troy, Auburn,MTSU,La Tech it was still used. When I package I run middle screen as my "Run play" and motion/hot route stick concept. Also playing around with speed option connect that I saw SHSU run against...
  19. TheSystem

Air Raid Offense

The difference between Leach/Mumme and Franklin is an Attacking Tempo, Commitment to Running the ball, Pass Pro set is different (which doesn't matter in VG)and Throwing Screen passes (I believe Cal threw the most Screen pass last year). THIS. TFS uses all the traditional air raid pass plays...
  20. TheSystem

hurrying up your hurry up offense!!!

Coach, I'm not playing AA so I may not be seeing that happen as often as you are, I am watching for a low corner though and I treat that as a blitz, if that helps?